New Member in Colorado with rebuilt 1997 CR500

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
specialkrat797

New Member in Colorado with rebuilt 1997 CR500

Post by specialkrat797 »

Joined a few months back after buying a non running CR500. After tear down found the lower rod bearing had seized and consequently damaged the left engine case. The bike was not treated well and I think left outside for some time. Also many bolts etc were hardware store replacements and luckily not very many were stripped out. After some time and money I have it back together and trying to work the bugs out (doesn't idle and was a fuel delivery issue which think was some bent floats and incorrect float setting and have new reeds on the way). Hope to have the bugs worked out this week and ride this weekend! I had a 1989 KX500 back in 1993 that I raced enduros and MX. I rode a 1988 CR500 wide ratio for a cross country race that same year and have fond memories. Wanted a 500 again and picked one up that needed some love. Looking for this bike to be a four stroke killer and then making into a AF in the near future. Will hopefully start taking pics and some video of the bike soon! I have a Youtube channel and it is specialkrat797 and there is one quick vid of the bike running for the first time after rebuild!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Welcome :clink:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Hellbear wrote:Welcome :clink:
:cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: New Member in Colorado with rebuilt 1997 CR500

Post by AlisoBob »

specialkrat797 wrote: Wanted a 500 again and picked one up that needed some love.
Nice.......

Tharrell

Re: New Member in Colorado with rebuilt 1997 CR500

Post by Tharrell »

AlisoBob wrote:
specialkrat797 wrote: Wanted a 500 again and picked one up that needed some love.
Nice.......

Yup. That counts double in my book. Welcome to the asylum :lol: