E line coil Whats one worth these days?

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
Rhino89523

E line coil Whats one worth these days?

Post by Rhino89523 »

I have not seen one of these come up in a very long while. If someone had one of these tucked away in a drawer of his toolbox that he was considering selling to buy other parts what could said person expect to get? Just curious.
other

E-Line coil

Post by other »

PM sent
ZETTNORCAL

Post by ZETTNORCAL »

I sold one on ebay for $450 20 minutes after listing it.
I had it on my bike for years but once it was off WOW! Never again. If I were to do the headlight thing again the new LED lights kick ass and use less power.
Waz

Post by Waz »

I'm chasing one, considering buying a whole bike if need be with a kit already fitted :P
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey I was looking on ebay to see what they go for....I checked about the same time I posted this and couldn't even find one in the history so I asked here. Well I looked again this morning and saw one currently for sale. Anyway there is one for sale right now, no its not mine, my ID is the same on ebay as it is here, but for those of you looking...good luck!!
B440

Post by B440 »

Worth about $700 according to the the latest ebay sale :shock:
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

B440 wrote:Worth about $700 according to the the latest ebay sale :shock:
For that I think I'd just get some night vision goggles
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

someone posted another one :wink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Kuma wrote:
The LED shit has come a long ways.... and the batteries last hours....
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

agreed.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Kuma wrote:
The LED shit has come a long ways.... and the batteries last hours....
get a nice LI-Ion battery, 2 AH, 12v would be perfect. Hell, most cell phone batteries are 1300-1500mAH, and the phone lasts at least 8 hours. A LED lighting system would go at least 8 hours on a 2AH battery, and a LI-ion would be impervious to just about any shock encountered on a bike. hell, a battery pack/charger for a modern R/C car would suit your purpose perfectly.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Better stick to NiMH chemistry for these things....been doing some reading, Li-Ion's get unstable when overcharged AND overdrained. They all have built in protection, and usually the protection circuit pukes out before the battery goes bad, but it appears the battery is shit.

They also arent too receptive of shocks, youtube people whacking these things with hammers, etc. They burst into flame or explode!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

li ion is excelent, but dont try and hook it up to a bike charging system, unless its designed for it your gonna have problems
nimh is decent, but drain themselves after sitting even a few days, got them in the gps and it lasts real long if you charge it the night before, but if it sits for a week its pretty much dead
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
B440

Post by B440 »

What about Lithium-Iron? Or more appropriately; LIFEPO4
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

buddy bought a brand new shorai lithium, it lasted 2 rides before shorting out, on a vibration free klx450, if it worked it would be sweet, its was suposed to be 13 amp hour
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish