ever heard of this

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
100hp honda

ever heard of this

Post by 100hp honda »

put this motor together and take it for a ride at some local place. runs good, sounds good, plug looks good etc etc. end up going to sand mnt which is 2000" lower but probly 20* hotter. figured the jetting would be a wash so i didnt mess with it. at the last minute that Pstofers guy wisper in my ear lean is mean :roll: :) so i dropped on click on the main. get to the dunes and ride for a couple min then rip up this hill 4th WOF. about 150' up its like someone hit my kill switch. fukin A the compression is gone, kicker goes down by hand :shock: but motor aint locked up . push bike back to the truck which is a mother effer in the sand. about 2 hours go by and i pull out the plug. dont look to bad. dry light tan. about 60% of the compression is now back :lol: . put 2 clicks bigger main and run it the rest of the day. still ran pretty good. might be all in my head but it seemed to vibrate real bad after all this. hope bottom end aint hurt real bad. dont really see how it could be though but the excess vibes go me worried. if the piston smeared maybe the rings scraped all that shit into the bearings ? hell i dont know. pretty sure what happened is it was just lean enough to over heat the bridge and push it into the rings. my other motor has 4 lube holes but theres only 2 on this piston, i should of known better. guess its tear down time.

could of used a 20shot here. dude would of been real pissed if he lost to a bike :lol:

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Going head on would have ruined your day.... go kick the qwawd dudes ass for forcing you over that far to the left.

And let me guess... Wiseco?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ya wiseco. never had a prob in my life until yesterday. should of had 4 lube holes instead of 2. bridge was relieved pretty good. maybe should of went a hair more. aint no big deal. positive the castor saved it from locking up. them 2 fuks sat in the middle of that hill for 2 hours. was pissing me off and they was that qaud tards buddies. he cut me off on purpose but i seen him with bunch of friends so didnt really want to be fighting 10 guys.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I started shit with some qwad-tards at dumont one time for basically the same reason. Its funny because it was me with MFDB following behind and like 5 of them. Of coarse it helps when your hommie is usually packing :wink: they called me an asshole and left.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Hoofarted used to have an '83 KDX250 that I seized like 5 times and you would just let it cool off and it would fire right back up :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I had a Puch moped like that...

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:Ya..' Wiseco. Never had a prob in my life until yesterday.
Time to switch...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CR ... 0599863511
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

whisper in my ear lean is mean?

He forgot the rest................

Lean is mean, BUT IT COST YOU GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ill pass on the vertex. thinking about the wossner but cant find much info on it. anybody know what they look like ? this place looks to be the only distibutor i could find. http://wossneronline.com/forged_pistons ... cts_id=391
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

[quote=""SOLID Bro!!""]

Lean is mean, BUT IT COST YOU GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

:lmao:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:ill pass on the vertex. thinking about the wossner but cant find much info on it. anybody know what they look like ?
Its round, has grooves cut in it, with a big ,shiny, sparkplug socket lookin' thingy stuck through it...
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

get in touch with roosty, he can tell you all about the wossner
there expensive so better figure your jetting out quick
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

whats the low down on wossner roostius. 2 rings ? website says only '84-'89. does that meen the cutout was smaller ? says they got a cr500 rod also. you know anything about that ?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

sure do :wink:

i was going to link a video, i guess my connection is slow again, 130minutes remaining on the upload :roll:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

I had that happen to my 86 500 on the first Glamis trip out. Jetted it just like the 85 and thought I was good but it locked up slightly right out of camp. I richened it up and ran it 20-1 the rest of the weekend and got away with it. Shit you do when you're 19 and have more balls than brains I guess....
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

be interesting what it looks like when i take it apart. still havent go to it yet. pretty sure the A/F was ok. possibly bordering on lean but the exh was so hot im thinking it overheated the bridge for the amount of relief it had and pushed into the bore most likely collapsing the ring end gap for a breif time. cooled down and rings popped back out. im sure theyr damaged atleast at the exh area. looking back now there was probly no real fear of piston lockup. had plenty of wall clearance and 16:1 castor. was scared at the moment though
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

why isn't it apart yet? :roll:

sunday morning at 10:30am i started to take my af apart after i stuck a piston because of a leak at the reed block :evil: , drove 20 minutes each way to the shop with the topend, cleaned things and honed the cylinder, took the boy to DQ for lunch, rode our pedal bikes for half an hour, got it back assembled and was riding it by 4:30 :wink:
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

100hp honda wrote:be interesting what it looks like when i take it apart. still havent go to it yet. pretty sure the A/F was ok. possibly bordering on lean but the exh was so hot im thinking it overheated the bridge for the amount of relief it had and pushed into the bore most likely collapsing the ring end gap for a breif time. cooled down and rings popped back out. im sure theyr damaged atleast at the exh area. looking back now there was probly no real fear of piston lockup. had plenty of wall clearance and 16:1 castor. was scared at the moment though
16:1? is that right? is that what you normally run, if not and you didn't jet for it you would be running lean.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Why the hell would anyone run 16:1 castor oil in anything, let alone a CR500?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Race Kart... yea....

CR500, not so much...
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

alky 20:1
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

lewisclan wrote:alky 20:1
Never did understand this, 2 x the fuel = 2 x the oil so shouldnt it be something like 70 : 1 ?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

now now we dont need a oil debate :D

brit seen how fast them banshees are. extended swingarms, drag pipes, alky, cpi cylinders. damn tough for any bike to hang. average cr500 would get half hilled.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

britincali wrote:
lewisclan wrote:alky 20:1
Never did understand this, 2 x the fuel = 2 x the oil so shouldnt it be something like 70 : 1 ?
Alcohol burns hotter? More oil = more cooling?

Lame guess from someone who knows jack squat.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo