Reno 2011

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

awesome
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:awesome
x2 good stuff thanks rocket
Kevin
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

That was good but for me it was preaching to the choir.
We used to have a simple saying for what he described in the first part of the video and everyone knew what it meant.
Let me see if I can remember exactly how it went............Shit happens.

I think that needs to come back like it was , ya know on T shirts, bumper stickers etc....
Maybe erect some billboards in the hood for the dumbasses that think life is supposed to be fair.
Times square would be a great location for a sign like that.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

freeride588 wrote:
Roostius_Maximus wrote:awesome
x2 good stuff thanks rocket
Stiles always delivers......
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I find some peoples good attitudes and positive thinking is far beyond mine.... this dudes is unreal....

Meet Larry Cruz. Larry was at the Reno’s National Championship Air Races last month when The Galloping Ghost crashed. Actually, Larry was under The Galloping Ghost when it crashed.

When the dust and debris settled following the horrific crash of September 16, Larry was barely conscious. Injuries included: a severed right hand, crushed right leg and foot, fractured skull, torn tendons and ligaments in the left arm and hand and extensive shrapnel wounds. His spirit, and desire to live, remained firmly intact.

I stopped by Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center on Saturday, October 8 to pay a visit to Larry. Tracy, his wife (and co-owner of Wings West Governor Exchange and Overhaul) was just about to leave for home. She’d been there since early that morning and needed to get home to look after their 16-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son. She’d return on Sunday (their 28th wedding anniversary).

A King Air 90 medi-vac brought Larry to Seattle from Reno’s St. Mary’s Hospital on September 29. While he’s healing well, doctors have told him he may yet lose his right leg above the knee. The skin grafting has contracted an infection that doctors are trying to contain. Time will tell.

I asked him his plans for after his release from the hospital. “What do I think?... I think I’m gonna be in Reno next September smoking a cigar, drinking a margarita and watching the races.” He also told me to point out that Think Kindness (a northern Nevada non-profit) has started a fund for victims and family members.

“What can I do to help?” was my next question. “Tell them how important the races are to the aviation community. Tell them the races must go on. They bring $80 million to Reno each year. This is a big deal for the city, plus its a helluva lot of fun. This was flat out an accident, nothing more.”

“What about your business Larry?” Without hesitation, he said, “we’ll continue. It’s just Tracy and I (with some part-time office help), but we’ll make it work. The best thing that could happen is a bunch of people send governors in need of overhaul that don’t need them tomorrow. We’ll work with them, if they’ll work with us.” You can reach Tracy at (800) 557-3188.

Larry’s spirit is infectious. In fact, I left the hospital shaking my head thinking two things: Come September 2012 Reno will see a crush of people like never before, and Larry will be there, smoking a cigar, drinking a margarita and cheering them on.

Remember: Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left! Stay tuned, this story isn’t over yet.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Now THAT is a cool dude :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok