Teaching kids to ride Z50...weak report. Hardcore move on.

WTF Happened!!!!
Rhino89523

Teaching kids to ride Z50...weak report. Hardcore move on.

Post by Rhino89523 »

I should never look at CL because I end up buying stuff. I saw this Z50 for sale on CL for $50 said it needed a head gasket, figured what the hell I can get my money back in parts if its a pain in the ass. I load it into my van and bring it home. Give it a kick and I can hear it blowing out somewhere. I look at the bolts on the front, its missing one nut, figure that could do it. I put a nut on there and torque down all 4 the other 3 were loose. First kick it's running, but the tank is all gummed and rusted. I fill it full of small rocks and water, shake it around, rinse it out. then I fill it with some muratic acid and water and go to dinner. I come back drain it out rinse it again and give the carb a quick clean up. Fire it up idles perfect and we are ready to go for Sat. Saturday I let them play with it in the backyard and my older one ends up pulling a whiskey throttle and we have our first crash....done for the day. Sunday I ask what they want to do and they say they want to ride the bike again, so off to the forest/desert behind the house. I took a few pictures on the drive there.

The first 2 pictures are just of my kids chillin in the truck, you can get a little bit of an idea of whats out here...nothing but my trails. I can't even describe how few people use this area.

Since I never post my daily grind ride reports I figured I would take a few where the dirtroad I call the freeway crosses some of my other stuff. this pic is the start into some pretty fun areas and if you look really close in the background there is a pretty good straight up the middle hillclimb, this one is makeable but is all boulders at the top, its pretty tough.

This picture is the tail end of the single track I ride to work on the XR650R, great trail, it twists up through those woods and then catches forest behind it for a good 30 mile-ish run of twisty singletrack that spits me out about a 5 mile road trip from the office

Just a pic of the $50 bike and my youngest

If you take a picture of one you better take one of the other, figured same rules apply for posting.

This is a picture of the older one who had the big wipeout riding solo. I told both of them that they don't need to ride motorcycles just because I like them. I also told both of them how proud I was that they got back on the bike, not because I need them to ride motorcycles but because they had faced their fears. I told them this was not something they had to do but there will be times in life you do have to do something you are afraid of...they did good and are back to enjoying it after the wipeout.

then we took the cruise home and they pretty much slept while I took in the scenery. This area burned up about 15 years ago. There is so much riding out here and so few people doing it. You can pretty much point your bike anywhere you want and start some new trail.

Lamest ride report in history is now complete...happy mojo?
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Sweet! Those will be some really good memories right there. :cool:
MojoScojo

Re: Teaching kids to ride Z50...weak report. Hardcore move o

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:This picture is the tail end of the single track I ride to work on the XR650R, great trail, it twists up through those woods and then catches forest behind it for a good 30 mile-ish run of twisty singletrack that spits me out about a 5 mile road trip from the office
Fucker.
Rhino89523 wrote:Lamest ride report in history is now complete...happy mojo?
Far from the lamest. NEEDED some more action shots of the kids.
And, Yes. Quite happy.

Thank you sir, May I have another?
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. you got me on the ride to work single track...pretty lucky on that deal.

Action shots were tough this week maybe next time. My oldest who whiskey throttled was trembling when she got back on the bike, she asked me to ride with her. Now thats a look, I barely fit on the thing solo so both of us on there had to be the dumbest looking thing in history. Once she started getting comfortable I hopped off the back and ran next to her. She was really scared you can see it in the pic, but she loosened up after a bit. The youngest was scared because she watched her sister crash, I rode with her too and every time I hopped off the back she would let off the gas and hit the brake....I told her it was great she knows how to stop :D The picture I did take was from running ahead...yeah I'm not that Usain Bolt dude so I was tired I must have ran at least a mile next to her all said and done. Now I hear there might be a throttle limit screw and I could have fixed all this stayed near the truck and drank beer. They both know how to kick it to life too.

I'm sorry I suck at taking pictures and have probably taken more on my phone in the last year than the rest of my life combined. One of my riding buds got a gopro and is getting it dialed in. We should have some footage of the ride to and from work soon.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Image
What he said plus a :woot:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

Very cool, you should have had the BW200 along for the adventure.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Very cool man! Bitchin' looking riding up there. My oldest kid drove up towards Carson City with his girl friend to visit her family and kept commenting on all the cool looking riding areas - wanting to take his bike. It'll be some time, but my 5YO is just getting into her lil pink 4 wheeler. Her sister is a ways behind her - but not far. Good times! :cool:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

racein01

Post by racein01 »

:cool:
great buy on the fitty

beautiful kids mate ..good to see them being brought up well also.

top looking spot :cool: :cool:
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

You are a cool Dad and a lucky SOB in general. :D
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

redrocket190 wrote:You are a cool Dad and a lucky SOB in general. :D
X491 :lol:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Thanks Guys, I feel lucky, my family really is my everything. We have a lot of fun those kids keep me feeling young in contrast to my body which is starting to feel pretty old. I can't believe those little 50's will pull around a kid plus a 280lb Dad and doesn't even sputter at the task. It doesn't have a throttle set screw (I kind of figured I would have seen something like that) so I jammed some tubing into the slide to limit it so it doesn't open up all the way.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Rhino89523 wrote: those kids keep me feeling young
Just wait 'till they hit the teen years, all that will balance out :wink:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Rhino89523 wrote:..... I jammed some tubing into the slide to limit it so it doesn't open up all the way.
HAHAHA!
That trick brought back a memory.
When I was 14 living in Alabama (1972), I could get a license for a motorcycle if it was under 5 HP.
I bought a brand new CL100 and the Honda dealer put some fuel line in the slide (around the throttle cable) and put a piece of paper in the toolbox certifying it was under 5 HP.
Being the future hoon that I was, I promptly removed it and had the FULL throttle of a 100cc Honda! WOOF!
After getting some bad grades my dad locked my bike up and took away the key to my bike.
I jimmied the storage room door and promptly hotwired my bike!
Never got caught but sometimes wonder what I would do if my kid had done that.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Bad Grades....man I hated report cards.
My Dad locked up my 1972 SL70 because of grades, I jimmied the lock also, but got caught. I also got caught with my ignition trick on the old Chevy pickup.

I have hell to pay for everything I put my parents through and hell to pay for some of my ways. I already got some of my much deserved payback by having daughters, and the real payback hasn't started yet. I guess thats why I am trying to enjoy this time with them as much as I can because soon they will hate me, have boys crawling through the windows, getting bad grades, doing drugs, and probably some new stuff we didn't even think of. I think back about my life and what always kept bringing me back to center was that I had great parents. It eventually all worked out for me but there were some rough times in the middle. I hope I can pass along good values, I know they will probably have rough times too but if they turn out good in the end I will be happy. I love them so much.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Having daughters is a challenge.
When they start acting like grown women and think you can read minds is when the shit hits the fan. :?