Ebay oversized radiators

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2strokespirit

Ebay oversized radiators

Post by 2strokespirit »

Hi Guys, I am in the market for new rads, have anyone tried the ASI radiators on ebay from china? Excellent price and its oversize.... I friend just send me pics of a pair he bought....

I heard it does not like the vibration?
Thanks
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

ive heard they are built very strong. build quality is ment to be good too. espec for the price.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
mr500

Post by mr500 »

Mate of mine bought a pair for his wr250 and says it took him a whole day to make them fit,nothing lined up.
Thay are stronger than OEM for sure but thats not hard.
Keep it real, Keep it steel.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

mr500 wrote:Mate of mine bought a pair for his wr250 and says it took him a whole day to make them fit,nothing lined up.
Thay are stronger than OEM for sure but thats not hard.
x2
Kevin
87CR500Rider

Post by 87CR500Rider »

Mine bolted right on the CRF250 chassis. Paul modified my right one as well. He can tell you how well (or not) they're built.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

my right one hits the tank, pipe and is gonna need a lot of work to make fit
left one i took a hammer to it so it clears the pipe and it bolted right up, mounts arent perfect so its under tension to get the rad guards on
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
dogger315

Post by dogger315 »

I'm sure these radiators are manufactured to the same "high"
quality standards as chinese bearings - in other words they're
crap. I'll pay a little (or a lot) more for a Fluidyne or Mishimoto
and know I'm getting a product that's at least the equivalent
in quality to the rest of my bike.

dogger
cr500binks

Post by cr500binks »

i got a set of these rads for my gen 4 AF and i cant fault them, the quality is very good and the delivery time was fast !
if it dont smoke its a joke
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

what are the fins like? The ones the cuz has on the 450 are like half the thickness at the fins so they fold over easy with the washer.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

on mine they are tougher than oem in every way, that includes to fit them
finaly got the right one to fit, a few hours with a die grinder and hacksaw, and an hour of labour for a guy to tig weld it back together
also had to bend my pipe back down otherwise no amount of welding woulda made it fit
had to heat the fuel tank to make it clear the rad tank, 2 min with a propane :shock: torch and its good now

what i like the best is i got a legit fan mounting setup, no more zip ties and shit, and its not touching the rad
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

these are the ones i got, even with all the work they needed (now that its done) i like these more than oem, quite a bit more capacity, and much stronger

when i get my new hoses im gonna get a 2.0 rad cap, these will hold the pressure, oem wont after a few crashes
now i have the KTM (spal) fan, its tough but takes the same current as the old delta fan i was using, but flows probably 40% less air, ktm fan is really heavy too, 1 lb i think
once i smash it i will be going back to the delta fan, but i will epoxy the wires and circuit board to the fan body to make sure the wires dont rip out again

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1439.l2649
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

which ktm fan you got ? pretty sure they have 3 different ones depending what bike
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

just 1 for their off road bikes spal 4" and you want the "pull" fan, not push

im done with nig riging the mounting setup
4stroke=dead fish