FUEL INJECTED CR500 DONE.

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
bigred1977

FUEL INJECTED CR500 DONE.

Post by bigred1977 »

just finished this bike 2010 yzf450 frame full ohlins fuel injected cr500,fully adjustable ignition and fuel maps,launch control, very light bike,still got blue talon hubs and gold excels to go on and sticker kit....
Image :)
brebel

Post by brebel »

That looks beautiful :shock: but you are gonna have to show a pic and video of the fuel inj for me to believe it.
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

hahaha sweet as man will do this weekend,cheers... :D
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

brebel wrote:That looks beautiful :shock: but you are gonna have to show a pic and video of the fuel inj for me to believe it.
I'm thinkin the same...want to see carb side of motor.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

hoofarted wrote:
brebel wrote:That looks beautiful :shock: but you are gonna have to show a pic and video of the fuel inj for me to believe it.
I'm thinkin the same...want to see carb side of motor.
Yeah, but I wanna see it all.
Looks like a really nice build.
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

yeah no worries i will after the weekend, video too,as i said my camera is turd.....up close it fuzzes out and cannot adjust it.pissed me off.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Great bike Biggy.... CR / CRF based or not...

Coley13 dosent understand that to kiss everyones ass who builds a bike detracts from builders like you who take it to the next level.

Post up some close ups, so I can rave on your build some more.

:cool:
coley13

Post by coley13 »

i'll take that under advisement Bob.
13 isnt unlucky i just keep falling off
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

What FI system did you use?
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

nice im also interested in how you got the fi to work we are doing a 2010 rmz 450 conversion and looked intoit but ran into many brick walls very nice
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

this is not dfi as it would of blown the budget to death!! just a std throttle body with injector
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

still interesting i have all the components but cant get anwers
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Perhaps it's any one of the various EFI kits that Quaddies run? They've been around for long enough now to perhaps be sorted out to give real, wide range, usability.

It would take some serious engineering to fit an OEM 4t EFI.

I'm eagerly awaiting pics of the system used. :cool:
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

You can pick up a GP Controls FI ECU for around $50-75, Throttle body for $50, wiring harness around $50 injectors, $40, then you would have to make acustom flywheel, not sure how much a pick up would be, $20? then try to figure out how to convince a 4T FI to send fuel and spark on every stroke? Thought about doing this but too much of a project and I've already got enough of them.
I think there are some 2T sleds with FI, that would be something to look into
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

UknowDamright

Post by UknowDamright »

100hp honda wrote:Image
you can see that is a yamaha banshee, not the 500 engine....but did you use that unit or something?
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

gregrobo wrote:still interesting i have all the components but cant get anwers

Have you tried these boys, there just down the road from you. I remember reading about them a few years back when i think it was developing stuff for Aprilla ??
DFI kit would be nice wouldn't it :twisted:
http://www.orbitalcorp.com.au/directinj ... ycle2s.htm
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

i rang them today unless we can get 100 kits bought and paid for they are not interested another brick wall

where are these promised photos bigred
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

gregrobo wrote:i rang them today unless we can get 100 kits bought and paid for they are not interested another brick wall

where are these promised photos bigred

I'm surprised they'd even consider that low a number. Did they give Any indication of price?

Orbital Are THE DFI company. They hold patents for so much related to DFI, it's not funny. I remember watching The Inventors program on ABC in the early seventies, when Ralph Sarich showed his Orbital engine - the Orbital engine, hasn't gone far, but the stratified injection that he made and developed further, made him many millions , if not, billions of dollars.

Pretty much Any company running DFI, is using their super fine stratified charge system. They get royalties from so many companies out there. Most DFI systems (cars/trucks - petrol /diesel) use their ideas. To a certain extent, their hold on the tech (fair enough, they invented /developed it) has kept DFI away from bikes - few companies, especially the Japanese, will pay for the NIH - Not Invented Here - product. Aprilia / Lambretta have their tech on some scooters, as do some Indian companies, and plenty of Car /Truck companies have taken on Orbitals designs. Outboard companies / Snowmobile companies, have all dealt with Orbital. It will be interesting to see what KTMs system really is - they are claiming it's Their system, but, with Rotax nearby, who are part of BRP, that use Orbital tech, it might be bluster and bullshit on KTMs part. The Euro 5(?) regulations will come into effect soon, so then KTM will Have to release their DFI 2ts. During this years model release conference at Munich Airport, they brought up DFI themselves, saying they were currently arranging suppliers for their system, that Would be introduced as the regs demanded them. 2 strokes represent perhaps as much as 40% of KTMs sales, and the majority Have to be road registerable. Who knows, KTM might just have enough sense to bring out road bikes with 2t engines. They'd make a killing. Who wouldn't want something like a 600 / 1000cc 2t V Twin, with better power and torque, lighter weight, and equal, or better fuel economy, than the current crop of 4 cylinder 4ts?

DFI is what it's all about (though there are other, simpler techs to make 2ts pass regs, get good fuel economy - Hondas AR system, with a basic EFI set up would be the go, if Honda were ever to be forced to back down from their 4t obsession). Market forces may just get them to come to their senses - you never know. :roll:

The bloke with this Yam / EFI bike is more on CR500riders. I'd be very surprised if any of the Yams EFI system was used - it's probably a combo of available bits, like the various systems on quads / ultra light aircraft. Should be interesting, nonetheless. It's always interesting to see something different.
gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

so its been a long while WHERE ARE THE PICS
98 yzfr1
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

gregrobo wrote:so its been a long while WHERE ARE THE PICS

:lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE5ENcMH ... re=related[/youtube]
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
looks like a runner, I have to comment that the location for the camera man could have been better :wink: maybe towards the middle of the track.
Wish I had a back yard like that
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

was hoping for a walk around of the fi system but it didnt happen :cry: :D
98cr500rider

Post by 98cr500rider »

Ossa went to the Japanese Kokusan company to develop the fuel injection for their 2 stroke trials bike and upcoming enduro bike. Their system uses 2 injectors, one into the barrel and one into the crankcases and linked into an electronic power valve.

You can bet that Kokusan have used this exercise as a means to market and sell more systems into 2 strokes and will be promoting their stuff to all the current manufactures still making 2 strokes. Maybe some others will pick up and go with a proven system, they are all well used to buying electrics from them already.

The guy here is never going to give out any details on his bike, it still could be a hoax.

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

The guy here is never going to give out any details on his bike, it still could be a hoax.
there you go, now you have to put up pics :D
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish