simple green

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
2strokeforever

simple green

Post by 2strokeforever »

i bought some simple green because i was told i could clean my airfilter in the house with it...
well it didnt work worth a crap, but i started using it on my bike to get rid of it and this stuff is awesome, takes any oil except airfilter oil off, dosent eat rubber or vinyl, even sprayed it on the brakes and WOW
this stuff cleans brakes better than brake cleaner, cleans aluminum pretty good (without eating away at it) cleans carbon off the exhaust flange fairly good, works good on plastic too but i really like how you can spray it everywhere and not have your grips melting off the bars (IDX20)
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

It will eat Aluminum, it is costic? I use it anyway, just make sure to use lots of water.

Makes a great bug killer too.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

are you using it at full strength or diluting it?
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

full strength, but washing off real good with water after
it is costic?
im pretty sure it isnt, otherwise it wouldnt be aproved for use on airplanes, cant see bubles or any sign its eating away
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Ive never had a problem using SG on aluminum....even at full strength.
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !