ethonal treatment

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
zorak-2

ethonal treatment

Post by zorak-2 »

Just wondering what you guys are using treat the gas that now has ethonal in it :cussing: ? What kind of additive are you using?
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

My CR500 has hardened valve seats. No worries.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

So far I've only had fuel lines, diaphragms and filters screw up.
Bikes with fiberglass tanks need a liner because the ethanol will delaminate the glass.
For some reason, my Stihl 2 cycle stuff don't like it at all, everything else is nominal.
What will happen when they implement the increase to 15%, I don't know.
Now, I started running 100 octane avgas in my bikes a couple of weeks ago to see if there's much difference.
I read somewhere it doesn't have the harmful additives it used to have, whatever they were.
The last time I bought it, $5 a gallon in NC.
That was about 3 weeks ago so I guess it's gone up like everything else.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I've been using 100 LL avgas in my machines for about 30 years, never had any issues.
there are some that love it, some hate it, the claim I've heard against it is that it is designed to run at a constant speed, and has anti-icing chemicals bla bla bla. for me it's just cheap high octane gas.
I've also heard that plug reads are different, to be honest I never was all that good at tuning for optimum performance, that's why I have a 500 :roll: runs good and lasts a long time. I don't burn down motors and don't faul plugs.