sportsman monster

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
supermotoflunkie

sportsman monster

Post by supermotoflunkie »

I haven't ridden supermoto in over a year. I got talked into riding sportsman this weekend so I found some junk tires and wired up the bike. Bad gate pick in the heat and I voluntarily started from way back in the main.

CR5 with MX gearing and skinny tires accerates so much harder than most bikes on the track... I had a blast.

http://epicmotosports.com/ Epic Motosports and Sisneros Speed Works have paired up! Parts, service, repair, monster builds and dyno tuning!
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

brilliant !!!!!!!!!!! u gona go again ? :cool:
ridin4fun

Post by ridin4fun »

Sweet. Way to go, Flunkie. What's the starting grid look like in that class? Is it made up of mostly 4strokes or 2strokes, 250's, 450's? If you voluntarily started in the back, then you got to romp all that ass on your way to the front, eh? Share some details. There's nothing like a 500, but we all know that, don't we? Hey, at least all of those losers didn't get blasted with huge chunks of earth as you went by like they would on a motocross track.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:headbang: x 491
supermotoflunkie

ridin4fun wrote:Sweet. Way to go, Flunkie. What's the starting grid look like in that class? Is it made up of mostly 4strokes or 2strokes, 250's, 450's? If you voluntarily started in the back, then you got to romp all that ass on your way to the front, eh? Share some details.
sportsman class is intended for guys/gals to come out and throw a cheap set of tires on their stock wheels and race SM to see if they like it.

Genenrally a set of 17 inch SM wheels is around $1000...plus a slipper clutch if you want-$800, upwards of $1000 for a huge nasty big brake caliper etc...it can be expensive.

OR

sportsman can be for broke fools like me who cant afford another set of wheels (i was buying wheels yearly for each new bike I got...)but still want to race SM.

In colorado its a lot of suzuki DRZ-SMs and other 4 stroke bikes. It is however the 'run what you brung' class. its usually filled with turn signals in the turns, horn honking in the dirt and high beam flashing on the straights...its a bunch of GD children in adult bodies...

Ill probably ride a couple more rounds this season...6 more races left in the season.
The whole reason im broke now is because I have a legit budget to stick to with my paychecks, so im not blowing my paychecks like I used to....brothas got a house and a dog now.....
http://epicmotosports.com/ Epic Motosports and Sisneros Speed Works have paired up! Parts, service, repair, monster builds and dyno tuning!
britincali

Post by britincali »

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

nice job. thats one trophy more than i ever won :D
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

That's a nice trophy.
All we get in AHRMA is a piece of wood with a cheap graphic on it.
Congrats!
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

good job, making me think of trying that out... does a strong 500 with regular size tires (like yours) stand a chance against a 450 with 17"s
assuming equal riders
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
supermotoflunkie

2strokeforever wrote:good job, making me think of trying that out... does a strong 500 with regular size tires (like yours) stand a chance against a 450 with 17"s
assuming equal riders
Drag race? It's close...
Handling? A 160 slick on a 17 has a lot more contact patch than a 110 dual sport tire.

Our front straight is more like a gentle sweeper. my 450 with 17s slicks and you can twist it to WOT pretty early in the corner. The 500 needs more throttle modulation...it felt like I was boiling the tire off it getting sideways but really it just pushes the skinny tire a good bit. Front did fine. Rear wanted to step out. Not scary, just fun.