My New Creation

Post by CR500PHIL »

Here is my latest creation - almost complete:
Steelie Build Done
Gen 1 CR500 AF Complete - SOLD
CR500PHIL

CR500

Post by CR500PHIL »

The engine is a rebuilt 1985 - I still have a few things to do like fix the bad seat covering but the bike is close to done. I bought some parts from a hoon on here and the rest I bought and collected over the past 18 months.
Steelie Build Done
Pony

Post by Pony »

I really like that bike. Steelies just look desert tough, I dont think I would have much use for one in TX but that bike looks tough. Good work :cool:
CR500PHIL

CR 500

Post by CR500PHIL »

Pony wrote:I really like that bike. Steelies just look desert tough, I dont think I would have much use for one in TX but that bike looks tough. Good work :cool:
Thanks - I enjoy building them almost as much as riding them. I built an AF last time and wanted a steelie this time - plus I had the opportunity to get some nice parts real cheap.
Steelie Build Done
CR500PHIL

Bushings

Post by CR500PHIL »

BTW - if anyone wants to replace the smaller rear bushings on the 1988 and older engines with the larger ones and cannot obtain a set of newer bushings they can be easily made from any set of newer swing arm collars. I drilled out the engine, cut the collars for the desired overall length and pushed them in - perfect. The entire process took about 45 minutes to complete.
Steelie Build Done