Clyde's ( GSS) Racing Engines?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Clyde's ( GSS) Racing Engines?

Post by AlisoBob »

So I get a call from Clyde today, and he's telling me that he bought the entire inventory of GSS, and has opened Clyde's Racing Engines.

His goal is to go head to head with Pete Loomis.

Right now he has a special deal on the old "swiss cheese" style Wiseco pistons and "variable port timing" jugs GSS did.

After he blows through this stuff he will have enough money bankrolled to do his own patented " Rocky Mountian Fever" porting on brand new stuff.

No word yet on who's running the boring bar and ball hone.
Last edited by AlisoBob on April 16th, 2011, 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

:lol: :shock: :bsmeter:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

:shock:

sweet!
Is that why GSS has a crf250 chassis listed on ebay right now?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

wish i could take full credit for the variable port timing idea but glen has been doing it since '82 :D
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

im sleeping then my phone rings. turns out its bob and hes been awake the last 52hrs pulling his hair out about the scribble that was on his piston. tells me that he thinks maybe glen was really onto something with that idea. aparently hes rushing down to home depot first thing this morning for a engraver to do his own from now on. :lmao: :lmao:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

What you write is what you get.

"FULL RACE" is out....

"100 HP Clyde" is in!!!
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

that trip was just blown out on cr500riders .... by Glen :roll:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

There were some tapered boring bar jokes etc...Glen himself came into the fray, made some lawsuit threats and the thread disappeared.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Lawsuit threats?

Wait until you see my next photochop....

:twisted:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

never seen nothing of a lwasuit. when did this supposedly happen ?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Over on the other board Slomo posted the same thing...just having some fun at Clyde's expense, and I Thank You Clyde for always being a good sport and making things fun. Anyway there was a ton of clowning on the GSS work...then Glen made an appearance. He made some threats of deflamation of character or something like that and everyone kind of played dumb. Then AP came on and made a reference to Clyde being the one setting up the tapered boreing bar for the new, at this point in the thread co-owned GSS. I think AP had missed all the GSS lawyer talk on the page before. I was watching to see what Glen's next response would be, it was just starting to get fun and then....BAM, it was gone. Glen even had some Bob H. references in his rant...dude was just starting to go off and the AP post would have been fuel to the fire when the whole thing dissappeared. All of this happened between yesterday and today and it was under the exact same title started by Slomo.

So lets see the photoshop.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ya i didnt see none of the lawsuit stuff. sounds like the other site coward down :lmao: thats funny
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

should of copy and pasted here. would make for some good reading :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

From Glenn:
Old Trees Rot at the Top wrote:AP your a old guy you should know a little more about machinery than most .A boring bar mach. is automatic after set up it will only bore a straight hole,Now if you have a automotive machine,And you have to bore a cyl. upside down it requries a little more set up because these machines do a lot of deferent jobs other tha bore cylinders but even with out a torque plate boring upside down you would still get a straight hole.On a piston. with coating as you know or I think you know?? all pistons are tapered smaller at the top than at the bottom .In running a cylinder on the electric turning mach. as we do own all cylinders, to check for fit,if the coating is poor some of it comes off,we have to recoat the piston,with moly sulified,And if the customer wants a close tolerance like 2 to 2 1/2 thousands and the coating is a little thick on the bottom of the skirt, as to the one you are refering to. ,either way that's why the coating is there refering to the one you are talking about it's a tite fit till the piston breaks in or you can hone it a little more.now the person your trying to agree with and others who have 200 years of experence on 2-stroke engines,and bore at least 100 of these cylinders a year,and only have may'be a honing machine not a boring bar.We offered to bring the cylinder back to the shop and take a little coating off or whatever it would to make him happy,But he being a person who wanted to help another machine shop be the only approved vender on his form proceded to bad mouth all and everything concerend.He never even hooked the piston up to the rod to see if the ports lined up he got it off and made a thing about nothing with a rod hooked up they we're good. all he could do was bad mouth what he thought was bad. now I knew when he refused to send it back that I or any one else other than the new guy he was trying to push in place as the approved vender was ever going to please him so I sent him a new not used cylinder,a new head not used, a new piston a wiseco not a cheap vertex to rreplace his used parts that he had the work done on for (FREE)Trying to make him happy,But he still was trying to make his foreign country machinest A#1.So I hope you understand.Glen

Roosty replied with this....

Roosty wrote:If the piston will go in the hole, theres only 1 way to stop it

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Another example of the truth being swept under the rug. I feel sorry in advance for the next guy on Glens boring bar.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweeping this type of shit under the rug is their specialty :?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:So lets see the photoshop.
Heres one.....

Glenn needs a little lead in his pencil....

Hahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

is that motel6 ? lighting fixture looks familiar :lmao:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

It appears all this Glen shit is comin' around again.... For you who missed it the first time.... heres a brief recap....

1. I mention my top end is getting old, and I'm going to swap it out.

2. Glen contacts me , and says he wants to do it. I tell him I like the stock CR500 manners, and dont want to screw that up with a bunch of porting or head work. I like stock. He tells me he can do a pump gas set up that runs like stock, that is better everywhere, from idle to redline. I tell him "no" for a few weeks, but he finally wears me down. I ask him how much? He tells me that its going to be free. I tell him I want to pay... he tells me again how good the sites been for his business and that its a way for him showing his thanks. This goes back and worth a few times... again he wears me down.... and I agree to letting him do it for free.

3. I round up a new jug and head on ebay, and send them off to Glen. In the box is a note,it states:
For Aliso Bob
TRAIL PORT ONLY!
PUMP GAS
DO NOT DRILL THE PISTON!

Glen has a habit of turning his pistons into swiss cheese. I dont want this.

4. Glen calls me to tell me he has my stuff. I go over the pump gas only and minimal porting / headwork request. He says he understands exactly what I want. He also tells me about all the extra love he's going to put into it. I tell him I dont want this... I want what any customer would receive. I dont what members looking what I got, sending their stuff to Glen, and getting something different back.

5. Glen says its done, triple checked, and in the mail.

6. It arrives while Roosty and Solid Bro Eric are over at my house. I dont want to open it. Roosty asks why? I tell him I just know its the start of a nightmare. He laughs. Eric whips out his Rambo knife and digs in. First out is the jug. Its obvious instantly that the bore finish is fucked. Its where the "cheeze grater finish" comment was born. Roosty takes it and notices the liner is offset bored. Its thicker at 12 oclock that it is at 6 oclock. I take out the head, and the surface of it is pretty bad. Roosty takes it and sits it on the jug and flips it over. Remember all the shit Brit went through with Glen about the piston hitting the head because the head wasent centered over the cylinder? Same thing here. I dont know how much is due to the offset bore, and how much is due to shitty machining of the head.. all I know is that their is a big mismatch. Eric has the piston out now... and its "swiss cheese" like I specificlly told Glen NOT to do. Eric takes the jug, sets the piston at the top, and lets go. The piston falls halfway through and grinds to a halt. Nice. I take it and push it in and out a few times and it gets to 3/4 the way through. Roosty takes it and with all his Canadian Lumberjack stregnth.... he pushes it through. The piston now looks like shit, and theres crap inbedded into the bore. Its dusk now, with the sun low on the horizon. Eric puts the head back on the jug and holds it up to the light. You can see the setting sun easliy all across the mating surface. As the final blow, Roosty looks at the head volume, the position of the exhaust port roof, and says thres no way this is going to run on pump gas. Great.

Totally fucked machine work, done into a non pumpgas, race ported motor style.

7. I call Glen, and one by one he answers my questions... He asks me if I know what Copper Coat is? ( He wants me to soak the headgasket to deal with the mating surface issue) He confirms Roostys guess that this motor "may" need race gas. He tells me that that piston will "Seat in" ( basically, he wants me to ignore it wont slide throuh the bore) He blows off the offset bore question, and says Honda did it ( but wouldnt he correct it when HE bored it? He also has no explaination why the head isnt centered on the bore)

So I hang up and talk to Roosty. I tell him I cant decide if I should assemble it and run it, or just send all this crap back. While were going back and forth on this, Glen goes on the website and starts taking shots at me!! " Bob's a big whiner who got some machine work for free and is now bellyaching about it" was the message. I go on there and explain that free on not, its all fucked up. Glen goes right back to "if you didnt pay for it, you have nothing to complain about" See why I didnt want a freebie in the first place?

Things go all sideways while Glen and I try to work it out.

8. Glen finaly says he will send me new OEM stuff. I agree and package up the stuff he sent me IN THE SAME BOXES AND PACKAGING HE SENT THEM TO ME IN. I send it out, and receive the OEM stuff.

The whole time , I'm trying to keep Glen in a positive light. I'm making comments like Glen stands behind his work, or that Glen now knows how picky BANNED members are, and stuff like this wont happen on future orders..... stuff like that. This whole ordeal appears to be over.

9. Nope... it isnt. A month or two later someone asks about machine work. I cant remember who it was.... but Glen comes on and he's right back into " Bob's a ungrateful prick ...." shit again because I wouldnt accept his freebie. I tell him he's lucky I didnt pay $900 bucks for it, because if I did, he would have a real problem on his hands. He answers that by saying the parts I sent him were damaged in transit. Remeber, I sent them back the same way they were sent to me, and insured for $1,000. If he opened them and had a problem, why didnt he contact me or UPS then? He goes on and on about how he remachined everything and sold it for top dollar and its my loss.. and bla....bla.....bla...bla. I remind him I'm the one who got hosed in this whole deal, and if anyone deserves an apology.... its me. No response is given..... except for another round of "Bob's an asshole........."

10. At that point GSS is no longer a "Approved Vendor"
Not because of shitty work... like I said before, everyone makes mistakes.

Not because they didnt stand behind their work, they did by sending me all new stuff.

GSS is no longer approved because I think Glen is losing touch with reality by not following both written and verbal instructuions ( PUMP GAS, TRAIL PORT ) and then blaming everyone under the sun instead of looking in the mirror.

You did the shitty machine work
You made the decision to ignore my request for a stock type rebuild.
You made this a huge issue, when it was really just a mistake.
You blamed me ( the customer) for having too high of an expectation as to what you were capable of delivering.

Thats why your no longer welcome here.

Roosty sent me some stuff he had sitting on the shelf. It wasent done up custom ( with extra love ) for me.... It was done as inventory... the same parts anyone would receive.... and it was perfect.

Thats why he is a "Approved Vendor"

Its all pretty simple.
Last edited by AlisoBob on April 14th, 2011, 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

nevermind how rough the bore was, if it was finished proper the coating wouldnt have scraped off, and it wouldnt have stayed stuck in the bore

http://cid-bd4aa2685d9bf2e9.office.live ... Bobs%20Cyl
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

I brought up his honing finish back in 08' when 4Z posted pics of glens work in the approved vender forum 4Z new it was f up and sent it else where to get fixed! Know one paid attention back then??????

All the proof was there he had pics of his cyl hone cabinet , had a cr 5 cyl in it with torque plate on it and a ball hone half way sticking out :shock:

Oh ! Yea I forgot smokey yunick used them with great success, I think the part glens not getting with the smokey stuff is the bores were honed and the ball hone was used to try and plateau the cyls, not just run a ball hone down a rough bored cyl and call it good to go!!!!!
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

blownbillybob wrote:....the ball hone was used to try and plateau the cyls, not just run a ball hone down a rough bored cyl and call it good to go!!!!!
That was the missing piece of info.

On my jug the top was "honed" with the ball hone, and the bottom was just "raw" bored.
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:nevermind how rough the bore was, if it was finished proper the coating wouldnt have scraped off, and it wouldnt have stayed stuck in the bore

http://cid-bd4aa2685d9bf2e9.office.live ... Bobs%20Cyl
:shock: pic 6 and 7 :shock: :roll:
tell me that is not an @ 8 mm hole in the piston
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Its like a 1/2" hole. ( 13mm) ... and yes, its offset , AND drilled crooked.

Super-Bitchin' !!!
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

Sounds like his ball hone was cutting with a taper?????

Not the boring bar!!!!

:rotfl:
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

not getting into a slagging match as such but sticking to the pics , if an apprentice drilled that hole off centre he would be on sweeping and coffee duties for a month .

fogive my ignorance but are the bores done on a mill , lathe or line borer ?