got a bit f%&cked up, be careful guys....

Use some common sense ....
kdizzle

got a bit f%&cked up, be careful guys....

Post by kdizzle »

Well i never thought it would happen to me but I was in a collision on the trail early last month. Cost me a fuxked up hand and fingers. the idiot that hit me was 4th gear tapped on a KTM300, and hit me broadside.

How it went down - Unloaded the bike, got me gear on, started the beast and went to hit the track (grindingstone mx, Phoenix, az) i normally ride 99% on the track andwas headed that way when i had the bright idea to warm up a bit out in an open field adjacent to the track, i rolled out into the open area and was still in first gear when some FUCKING MORON came flying out of the single track into the open field and just cleaned me out. ive had alot of crashes in my day but this was the most violent and gnarly. he was a big fugger and i am a solid 240 so it was like when worlds collide. my fingers were smashed between the clutch and the bar, resulting in the shattering of my middle finger and the amputation of the end of my ring finger. I pulled off my glove and the end of the finger was still in there.

I also had some part of his bike impale my forearm and had to have pieces of the muscle removed and some reconstruction in there. without further ado here are the photos:

here is the crash scene:

here is the middle finger. that bone is twisted and lodged sideways. took two surgeries to repair:

here is the aftermath:

Kinda sucks as im an IT guy and was a decent typer. The guy that hit me suffered a broken femur and blown out knee. really kind of a freak accident and thank god for the safety gear i was wearing. the asterisk knee braces possibly saved me from a broken leg and blown out knee. they are worth thier price and then some. be careful out there on the trails. a collision is one of the worst things that can happen on a bike and for me was rarely thought of as a threat.

[/img]
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

WTF?
When did this happen to you?
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Happened feb 26. i was in the hospital for 2 days and had 2 surgeries to repair. since then i have been trying to stay off the percocets and heal up. Typing is a bitch but its getting better. I know its not the end of the world and not really that bad in the scheme of things but damm my fucking arm and hand hurt like a sonofabitch... still... whole fuggin arm turned black for 3 weeks and still cant bend the elbow. it will heal though.

Ill post some pics of the bike when i get home... it took a hell of a shot

BTW just another reason to run a rekluse.. it will aide in my return to the 5 :twisted: :twisted:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

DAMN!!

Hope ya heal well
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

NASTY SHIT!
hope you get work sorted out with that hand
Rue

Post by Rue »

Best of Luck with your recovery bro!!! That is something I dont think about too often but now it will be one more thing to look out for while out on the trail.
AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Hire a private detective now.... to keep tabs of that fucker.... It 5 years hire some lead pipe swinging niggers to go pay him a little visit.

Losing your finger sucks....

:evil:
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

hope you heal as good as possible....
your in a wide open area, how does someone not see you?
thats why i run handguards, but i guess they could make things ugly too...
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
G FORCE

Post by G FORCE »

Sorry to hear about your accident. It's amazing how fast a collision can occur out on the trails. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Holy shit man! That fucking sucks ass! You'll be back by next season. Perhaps hand guards are in order? Not that it matters a whole lot - but the other guy got a broken femur? Damn...thats at least a 12 month recovery....unless he's a teen, then its like 4 (My friends kid)...

Best of luck to you in your recovery!!
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Damn! That's terrible! At least the other guy got the worst of it! Broken femur could of died! And a hand grenades knee is a full year depending on how bad! So look on the brightside you both could have died!
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Damn that sucks ass!! Hope you heal up fast.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Man, another screwed up jersey huh?
Those pics are painful to look at because it could happen to any of us and did happen to me, 1989.
I got hit head on over a double jump, we met in mid air.
My jersey was screwed and they wanted to cut my riding pants off (sweet AXO gear).
I said to hell with that, just help me get these damn boots off.
Maybe that's why I prefer to ride on a track nowadays, everyone is usually going the same direction.
Take your time and heal up, catch up on Oprah :lol:
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

thanks for all the well wishes guys.. Ive had a couple good crashes in my day and know it will be alright. However i figured it would be a big tabletop or nasty set of doubles that take me out.. instead it was a 40 yr old novice rider who had the need for speed :roll:

I posted mainly cause i wanted to remind everyone about how quickly a coillision could occur, and to show off some good battle wounds :)

i should be back riding in another month or two, and the AF will come back meaner than ever.

Again i want to stress how happy i am with the asterisk knee braces and the pain and suffering they saved. The left brace is cracked completely in half, so the impact was severe. My knee was a bit sore and bruised but is aok now. i am sure it would have been much worse without them. I will happily plunk down another 7 hundy on a new set.

Pics of the bike and knee braces coming !
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

=

kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Bob you got it man

I was bullshittin with my buddy in texas and he wanted me to let him know when i got to "nub" a girl with the short finger... i now have a new personal goal in life... LOL
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...