Need ya'lls opinion

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Pony

Need ya'lls opinion

Post by Pony »

Ok I am having a bit of a delima. Im sure y'all have seen my post and the bike I am building and the parts I have bought, have for sale, bought wrong parts ect. I think this bike would be really cool and have already sunk money into it. It would probably not get tagged and just be super fun to build, wrench on, and occasionally break the law on.

The reality of it is I am sinking money into this thing. It's going to be a steady financial drain till the end I am sure just like my other bike I am choppin. But the other bike is going to be useful and street legal. I don't make a lot of money and I do enjoy wrenching for wrenchings sake but when it keeps costing money just for a cool looking toy I start wondering wth I am doing.

I want an AF. I have my ramp bike but it sucks on the track and I would like to have an all around bike. I had always planned when I get some money buy a clean late model 500 and do an AF conversion.

On the other hand I have a bunch of random parts and could probably come up to about 800 pretty quick. That puts me semi close to a gen 3 (what I want to build) and I have a fresh 85 sitting here with the electronics and carb.

I guess what I am asking is do y'all think the little outlaw bar hopper is rad? I feel like I am closer to an AF and would use that bike all the time. I know it is looked down on to use a pre 89 motor in an AF. I'm also looking at fixing the rotted clutch cover which will be some money I wouldn't have with the fin cylinder in the street bike. I'm asking for some guidance from some guys that know what's up. I don't want to keep throwing money away when something way more fun and useful is right there.

The damn AF section of this forum is what has me second guessing how I am using my resources....