How about some more pics of it????
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
Pony

Post by Pony »

blownbillybob wrote:
Pony wrote:
What's up with the frame jig in the background,what's that on it

How about some more pics of it????
I started on a ratty cheap CB750 chop a while back. Wanted to get a cool bike done on the cheap and these damn projects make other projects that make the initial project hit the back burner. I couldnt get my hard tail straight without a proper jig so I drew one up in CAD and built it. Its still pretty low tech but it is adjustable and will make a straight frame. Then I needed a shed at my house because I was wasting too much driving to my folks all the time, So I built that and am working on the lights and outlets. One of these days I will actually finish a motorcycle I hope :? .

Here is a mock up pic of the 750, when you are a loser and cant actually finish a bike you just mock it up a bunch lol. I think it is forum applicable because that is a CR500 front end lol.

Nodge

Post by Nodge »

The rake looks perfect! :cool:
Put a 2 stroke in it! :P
Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
Pony

Post by Pony »

Back on subject. I orderd an 84 cylinder, head, and piston for a good price. Said it might be usable, but made no promises. I am not sure how far these parts can go so I figured I'd snap a few pics. I just wonder if these parts can get me going as far as building and a little testing with the bike and then before it gets any real use Ill give it a one step bore and fresh piston and rings. The cylinder has some rust looking spots in it but I can not really feel them with my fingers like if the were severly pitted.

Like I said I dont expect it to run its best with these parts, I just dont want to have a piston come apart and take out the fresh bottom end While I'm feeling out geomotry of the bike and giving it a good shake down run ect. What do ya'll think?

Pony

Post by Pony »

I have been messing around with my clutch cover this last week. Cut the water pump outlets off to fit the fin cylinder and filled the holes with epoxy. Got after the inside of the water pump housing with the dremel making as much room as possible. Where the water pump was is going to be a little hidden stash spot. I dont smoke weed or carry shit on me but thought it was a cool idea to make the now non functonal water pump serve a small function. Guess I just thought it was cool.

Here is a crappy sketch of what I think I am kinda going for as far as the bike goes. Dont make fun of my drawing, assholes.

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Dude that drawing is retarded what is that in crayon? just kidding...you were begging for it, Looks cool, like the stash spot idea you may have to be the new Banned forum mule.
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

The piston is a wiesco so it shouldn't scatter on you, do a light hone on the cyl clean it real good and should be fine for alittle testing!!!!!

Cool jig!!!!!!
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
B440

Post by B440 »

I might have tried to put a gear or pulley on the water pump shaft to run some kind of alternator or generator to power lights. Something like sprockets and chain that could rip your pant leg off if you got too close.
Pony

Post by Pony »

Well hoon's I kind of jump from project to project and dont have the internet anymore so sorry for my lack of contribution to this thread and this site. I still lurk and I appreciate all the advice I have recieved on this project. Im back on it and really excited so maybe Ill have some more frewuent updates. Here is where she is at now. I wasnt sure what I wanted to build when I first started this project and the word "cafe" makes me cringe when I read it now. I dont know what this thing is going to be, but it will be super fun. I guess a dirt track bike is what it is closets to. anyhow here is some pics. and the smashed up bars are just for moving it around the shed!

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

BAD-ASS!!!!!

Something like this ???

Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Street tracker would be cool if you could get a plate for it.
Pony

Post by Pony »

AlisoBob wrote:BAD-ASS!!!!!

Something like this ???

Thanks! Yea, something like that for sure. Hopefully once it is done and I can get the suspension set up it will turn, slide and handle high speed "jumps" (railroad tracks and stuff like that). I dunno, I am having a lot of fun building it though. I figure once it is done, then I will look into getting it legal. One step at a time. Thanks for the feed back!

Got the shock resevoir mounted last night. Also got the fender mounts cut off the new forks and got some new seals in them. Now I just have to sand them down and polish them back up. Put my new tapered bearings in and the frontend will be done. Thanks again for the replies, keeps me excited about it!

Side note: I am not the best welder BUT I am low on gas so pretty much all of my welds are just enough to hold it together until I pull it all back apart and finish zipping it up.

TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

I would go with the bigger fuel tank = more range.
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

I might have tried to put a gear or pulley on the water pump shaft to run some kind of alternator or generator to power lights
id be playing with a counterbalancer...
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Pony

Post by Pony »

2strokeforever wrote:
I might have tried to put a gear or pulley on the water pump shaft to run some kind of alternator or generator to power lights
Is this an easy thing to accomplish?

Here are a few progress pics. working on the seat base and the tail section. I'm going to rivet sheet metal to the support/tabs. Thanks for the imput.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Pony wrote:
2strokeforever wrote:
Considering you have no water pump.... I'd say its nearly impossible.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

AlisoBob wrote:
Pony wrote:
2strokeforever wrote: id be playing with a counterbalancer...
Considering you have no water pump.... I'd say its nearly impossible.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Kevin
Pony

Post by Pony »

I started skinning the rear section. Got some pictures of the progress I'll upload.

The expansion chamber has got me stumped. The stock pipe doesn't fit with the air-cooled cylinder. I made some cuts in it and have tried to make some changes by twisting sections around and it was totally not working. I havent came up with design yet but with how much of a mess cutting the stock pipe was I'm not as confident about attacking it as I was before. I have seen videos on hydro forming and I could do that but once again I'm afraid I'll come up with a shitty product. Has anyone ever built an expansion chamber from scratch? I would love a step by step how to on building the chamber and then fitting it to the actual bike. Might have to have one built and I figure thats going to be pretty dang pricey :?
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Get a DG pipe for a 84 CR500 it should work..
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
Pony

Post by Pony »

pstoffers wrote:Get a DG pipe for a 84 CR500 it should work..
Thanks for the info, Would an 84 stocker possibly fit? I was pricing the dg and it sure seems like money well spent. I just wonder in case I found a good deal on a stocker.

Here are some pics of the tail section. decided to weld the sheet metal on instead of riviting. Fits a little better like this. Never mind the sharpie scribble.
Should have waited to make the seat pan after the tail was done so I'll be doing a little more fiberglass work once I get it finished. The fiberglass lays in all the little cracks and makes a really good fit.

pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Any 84 500 pipe :wink:
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

Pony

Post by Pony »

More progress pics, seems the closer to getting done the longer it is taking. I am missing all kinds of little specialty bolts, seals and inserts for the brake stay. Pain in the ass, gotta get a big list together and leave work early and head to fastenal sometime next week. Did get the new steering bearings fitted and the new frontend feels great but I need to come up with a solution to seal them off from the elements.

Got me a deal on a NEW DG pipe just like pstoffers told me lol. Got it for $123 and it is beautiful. I wish I had enough cash to try and swoop up another to put on the shelf incase these things get harder to find. Its funny because I was so pumped on having this bike to toally thrash on like I do my dirtbikes but this pipe is so pretty I do not want to bang it up. I have to figure out how I am going to mount it and It might involve relocating some tabs so I am waiting till next weekend. I have a pal who is a good fabricator/welder and I want the mounting to be professional.

Ill try and get some daylight pics of the bike with the pipe on it so you can see how it looks. Im pretty excited.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:headbang:
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Bad-Ass!