Billet y

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Flatbiller

Billet y

Post by Flatbiller »

So I'm considering re doing my af, I Havnt even run it yet, I'm concerned that the y is going to crack. It was hogged out and then a fillet was welded in. I'm scared to run it. What do you guys think?

Where can I get a billet y, new frame rails and motor mounts? Any idea on price?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

yep 10k service honda.....haha
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Yeah I will pass, can't afford that.
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

choices-
1. search ebay for another frame
2. search ebay for another frame

unfortunately nobodys making billet y's YET !

any chance you can cut the y out and refit it onto (over) the downtube ? I might be able to supply you with new frame rails or pstoffers could.
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I mean the y was never removed. I suposse it could be trimmed to fit the down tube. I should get a pic of the y and y'all can tell me what you think.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

I have a GEN3 roller ready to go...

NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

See mine looks just like that but I never removed the y. Just pie cut it and pushed it foward for clearance. I hogged the y out and the only diffrence is my fillet fit in side the y and yours is on the outside. Out of curiousity how much for the frame.
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

I know the y looks in even it's the photo and shadows. It's symmetrical
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i wont tell you my opinion what would be best but i can suggest a few options.

could probly cut the piece back out of the cradle then put a plug like algava and others on here have done. then make a new Y

could talk to solid bro and see if he can send you some pre bent cradle rails. i believe he has bent them before for gen3 bikes. then make new Y

could buy the sqaure tube yourself and have a local shop bend them to your own specs. then make new Y

cradle tube is cheap. material to make new Y is fairly cheap. labor costs to bend/machine the parts will vary. just letting you know.

could buy a frame already done.

its your cash so do as you wish

i see no reason to throw away your frame. kind of stumped why anyone would even suggest it :? . like throwing away 60,000 mile tires with only 15,000 miles on them just to get a different tread pattern
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

another thing. dont get fooled into thinking this is rocket science. a 10yo kid could design a Y. aint fuggin hard

draw some shit up on paper and cut it out of 1"-2" styro foam from home depot then see how it fits. :cool:

again im not telling you what to do. just telling you the facts of the matter that some other folks wont. you decide which road to go
Last edited by 100hp honda on January 29th, 2011, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2strokekyle

Post by 2strokekyle »

If it ain't broke why fix it??? Run the piss out of it, check for cracks and go from there.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

check out his frame. not really the best of designs. not that im a engineer but i sure wouldnt have done it that way :lol:
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

2strokekyle wrote:If it ain't broke why fix it??? Run the piss out of it, check for cracks and go from there.
I was thinking that too. But I just don't know.
Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

100hp honda wrote:check out his frame. not really the best of designs. not that im a engineer but i sure wouldnt have done it that way :lol:
So what your saying is you would replace the y and frame rails regardless.
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

If it is so easy for a 10 yr. old to design afc parts this site should be full of people that could design and make one for you, lol. I have a print for billet y's, do you want to pay $300 or more for it ? i dont thats y there not made !

orignally it was pointed out that your conversion might be unsafe, if there is away to save the frame and make it safe then do so. if not rethink what needs to be done.

want a real shot from the hip ? the peice work on the lower rails boxed in with sheet metal looks like shit ! and a butt welded downtube to the fuggin Y is not going to stay together !

This frame could have been an easy conversion by strecthing the frame and using shanemans front mounts and with a little work on the inside of the y for exh. spring clearance. it turned into another butcher job thats dangerous !
Last edited by mxdogger on January 29th, 2011, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

mxdogger wrote: unfortunately nobodys making billet y's YET !
http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... 857#118857

Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Stoffer removes the y and fits it over the down tube yes?
My y is the same as his minus the tits ass welds the only diffrence is mine was not fit over the y.

And just so we r clear. I did not weld this frame. I may word it like that. But only because its easier than saying "my guy who did my frame..."I can't weld. I brought it to a guy who tig welded some cracked cases for a local shop. He builds cars and shit. I told him what I wanted showed him a bunch of pics and possibillities on the conversion from this site. He said it will hold. I told him my plans to huck this bike and he said it would be solid. Who am I to doubt him right?

I could also hack the y out, and give it to some one and say make this out of billet?
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

EXCEPT THAT ONE, MY BAD
AlisoBob wrote:
mxdogger wrote: unfortunately nobodys making billet y's YET !
http://bannedcr500riders.com/board/view ... 857#118857

Flatbiller

Post by Flatbiller »

Im not concerned about the boxed in lower i know it's not some peoples taste. Looks of the frame wasn't a concern because of powdercoat. Durability is... But if the damn things going to come apart on me, I'm going to rethink the frame.

Maybe I could gusset the y?

Bob- I saw that Brit is going to rock that. It's tits for sure. How do I go about getting one made?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

nothing hard about designing a Y. that can be done on the kitchen table at home.

problem is most people, myself included, dont have maching equipment in their garage. and to actually sell and make any profit from said Y's you would need to be pumping alot out the door.......... and own the machining equipment to make them. be difficult to make Y's all day just to break even on the financial end of it.

flatbiller could draw his own design, purchase the material, then have a shop cut it out. dont see where the difficulty is :confused:
Last edited by 100hp honda on January 29th, 2011, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:another thing. dont get fooled into thinking this is rocket science. a 10yo kid could design a Y. aint fuggin hard
Guys who have never built a bike have alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the answers...

:roll:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Flatbiller wrote:How do I go about getting one made?
Contact Solid Bro, buy buying Stoffers frame is way cheaper.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

AlisoBob wrote:
100hp honda wrote:another thing. dont get fooled into thinking this is rocket science. a 10yo kid could design a Y. aint fuggin hard
Guys who have never built a bike have alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the answers...

you a dumb fuck. i got a gen3. and talk about dudes with all the answers. rsss396 seemed to shut you up about the roost boost deal i guess... mr. know it all :roll: .

and remeber the other week when you said early clutch baskets are IMPOSSIBLE to get, then some dude immediatly posts a link to hundreds of the baskets

you think you know it all just as much as i do. 99% of the time you get put in your place. just as i have been put in my place also. quit thinking your better than anyone....
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

PsToffers frames are done the way i described above, Gen 3 frames are a simple conversion. The dowtube to the Y is an area of concern on any frames that are cut apart, most all the aluminum frames have the downtube fitted inside the Y for strength. to just cut the frame into then weld it back together is not going to hold.

You are not the only one who has had welders say something is ok when it really isn't, there are people out there that will take your money and tell you what you want to hear.

There are alot of good threads here on conversions and advice,
just my 2 cents worth
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote: quit thinking your better than anyone....
RSS didnt do anything but post a photo of a sine wave ( A/C) graph.

Then he says it hooks into the pulse generator circuit and can trigger the CDI BEFORE the pulse generator even sends a signal. And according to you he proved something?

I know 3 guys with 89's who went to the trouble to replace the whole right side of the motor to 90+ specs because the 89' basket was unavailable. Maybe Honda started making them again? WTF knows? They started making the short rod available again.

I know you have a Gen 3, I seen you doing burnouts on flat fields remember? Dosent mean you built it, maybe you did... who cares? You never posted any close ups of it, I figured it was a piece of shit..

The only thing you have ever beer right about Clyde, is Glen lost his marbles, and started delivering shit work.

You hit the bullseys on that one..

Oh, and nice edit on your post....