1999 Rebuild, It's time to make some power!

Recount your rebuilds here!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

blownbillybob wrote:
100hp honda wrote:
blownbillybob wrote:
Lol!!!! That was a knee slapper!!!!

Hey! Clyde ain't you got something else better to do like taking some you tube videos of your self in your storage unit ridin your katooms??

I hope you've been practicing your shifting, you don't shift a cr or a ktm like a snowplow and expect to be fast :lol:

i really dont like making movies.......... but you wife keep requesting to see more. guess she digs ktm's :lmao:
no she doesnt like ktms, she just gets a laugh out of watching the HOMO whos riding it !!!!

she did have a good idea, she said you should go the the networks with a new reality show call "QUEER EYE FOR THE GAY KTM GUY" and your the star!!!! :rotfl:

:homo:

clydes boy friend> :spank: <clyde
ya ya whatever :cool: . bet your wife thinks your quit the catch :roll: . did you tell her your the jackwagon from the other site that thinks the intake closes ? bone head
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

Wait a minute I'm the jackwagon bonehead!!!

Ain't you the one that sent your engine to GSS for a rebuild and port work then sold it to brittincali cause you didn't like the power then Brit gets it and the piston is hitting the head????

If I'm a jackwagon bonehead then you must be a dumbass bonehead jackwagon !!!!
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

5 years ago i had no clue who glen was, most people on these sites had no idea who he was. couple guys were claiming he was "the man" so i had him do the work. the stuff he sent me was bragged up to be like a top fuel dragster :roll:. needless to say i sold it to brit for a fraction of what i payed, seems like it was just price of the parts but its been a long time so i cant recall exactly. mechanically everything was fine, nothing like what bob and a few other guys got from glen. the head deal came about later after brit sent it back to glen so he could shave it down or something. if i recall, it was after the photos appeared glen tried to say i might of used a dremel on it :roll: . glen himself fuked it up, plain and simple. old codger had lost his mind i guess. i would never attempt to mill a head with a dremel :roll: :roll: nor would i sell fucked up parts to anybody. it would either get sent to a machinist for repair or go in the trash. the end of the exh hole is hogged out quit a bit but glen doesnt do really anything on the rest of the ports, which is good news because a 2stroke professional could probly salvage the jug and make it run quit a bit better. it did run fine but its like spending 50k on a new corvette and come to find out its just a 150hp 6cylinder in it :D. i learned a good lesson, tried to warn others about gss but nobody listened, other folks ended up getting hosed as a result.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

and another thing, far as im concearned glens photo should be right next to bernie madoffs. both con artist to the highest level. wish i would of recorded all phone conversations we had. dude could sell snake oil to a snake charmer :? . he told me one time the cdi has a rev limiter in it. he needed me to send my electric shit so he could work his "magic" then my bike would rev to the moon. was a total scam from the get go
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:... needless to say i sold it to brit for a fraction of what I paid.
Brit ran this stuff ( on N20) against this goofey kid at Dumont who ported his own jug in his parents garage.

Brit lost every race to this kid.... his shit RAN HARD!!!!

You ever see this kid again Chris? He should be on here.
Last edited by AlisoBob on December 24th, 2010, 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

any monkey could see this is not the work of a dremel but rather shit house machine work. i thought the bore might not of been running up straight but the more i think about it im sure the head wasnt machined flat and let one side sit lower and there for causing the piston to hit. i think brit has got it straightened out so we cant really go back and see 100% where the problem was. regardless, neither me or brit was at fault, only other person to touch it was glen :wink:

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

I got my reeds the other day! Im going to try and get all the parts sent off tomorrow, then I can start on getting the frame spotted in, send my triple clamps off for powder coat, and maybe polish some stuff.

-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Update:

Pete called me yesterday concerned about the looks of my cylinder walls, gives me a few options and we both decided its best to bore it, he got me his discount on a piston at Modesto Honda, I chose a Vertex .25 over. the guy boring it uses a plate and cuts the reliefs back in. Now for the bad news, I dislocated my shoulder for the 7th time last Sunday and surgery is a must at this point, putting me out for a 6-12 month period from riding :cry: Im bummed since riding is my life on the bright side I dont have to worry about getting my bike back together for the race season, I can really take my time now and bling it out :bling:
-Jake

BrianPaul69

Post by BrianPaul69 »

I installed a set of the VForce reeds last year and they seemed to be a pretty straight forward proceedure. Just cut the ears off and they were a tad bit snug going in but I wouldn't say they were tight. I've ridden quite a few times since the install and they are working great.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Just got off the phone with Pete, I should be picking up the top end tomorrow then I will start re-assembly. Hope to have it running by Tuesday :D
-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Got it running today and put it through some heat cycles. Next step is to get some new graphics and a new ignition cover. heres some pics of the porting and head

-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Last edited by caseyracing222 on February 16th, 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

The exhaust port is curved, and the cylinder wall is oiled and the piston coating isnt worn off just to clarify in case anyone is curious :lol:
-Jake

caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

think your video link dont work
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Is there a way to directly link the video? Sorry first time experimenting with videos :lol:
-Jake

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

caseyracing222 wrote:The exhaust port is curved....
:?: :?: :?: :?:
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Look how much the VF plugs up the intake....
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

AlisoBob wrote:
caseyracing222 wrote:The exhaust port is curved....
:?: :?: :?: :?:
The bridge was curved to flow with the pipe
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

enough small talk lets see that thing throwing some dirt :lol:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

100hp honda wrote:enough small talk lets see that thing throwing some dirt :lol:
That will be a no go :cry: I'm off the bike for a good while, while top end was off getting worked on I dislocated my shoulder for the 8th time now, so I'm getting surgery on March 15th. Tore my labrum pretty bad.

This is Pete riding essentially the same motor just to get an Idea

-Jake

K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Shoulder alright yet?

Why are there indentations above the exhaust ports? I have the same in my cylinder and got a bit concerned at first but it seems I'm not the only one who has them...

If you've ridden it properly; what kind of characteristics did you get from the port job? More midrange, top end, revs?

// K-Man
There's pain in this game. If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough!
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

The cutouts above the exhaust are there to drop the compression while starting, apparently when the piston is at speed it does not effect the power.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

K-Man wrote:Shoulder alright yet?

Why are there indentations above the exhaust ports? I have the same in my cylinder and got a bit concerned at first but it seems I'm not the only one who has them...

If you've ridden it properly; what kind of characteristics did you get from the port job? More midrange, top end, revs?

// K-Man
Going on 8 months since surgery. haven't been able to even take the 500 out of the garage yet. I'm taking it out to break it in this weekend, won't be going all out though
-Jake

K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Well... how did it go??? Really curious! Maybe hard to compare performance after you had such a long break from riding?

I've started to overhaul my own '99 CR5 and I'm porting it a bit myself before having it bored.

Work in progress. Far from done

Maybe it's time to start my own thread :)
There's pain in this game. If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough!