anyone use something similar?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2strokeforever

anyone use something similar?

Post by 2strokeforever »

im looking into it because i spend lots of time at part throttle and this is suposed to give better response
yes i keep on top of my jetting, even got a zipty airscrew, and my intelajet will be here tuesday

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/cat ... ductID=643

the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Reminds me of this:

I say try it and report back... :D
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

Brit's queer
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

the pwk airstriker. period.

NO MORE BLUBBER.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

intelejet/dialajet/leak jet doesnt work for shit on a 2 stroke.... get you a pwk if you dont already have one.
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

Chris, where did you get the zipTye airscrew? intellijet ?
Canada?
just wondering if any wholsalers have em here
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I have a set on a 38 pwk.

I'd be interested to know if they will fit bigger carbs like a 41 pwk.......
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

This is the original
no its not, rb desings is the original
intelejet/dialajet/leak jet doesnt work for shit on a 2 stroke.... get you a pwk if you dont already have one.
already got a 39.5 pwk, intelajet wiil be here monday, and the divider pictured is on its way
i hope the intelajet works good, but ill find out soon enough
Chris, where did you get the zipTye airscrew? intellijet ?
Canada?
just wondering if any wholsalers have em here
for the zip ty i got it through thumpertalk, cause they accept paypal, i got reamed $23 for shipping tho, wish i got 5 or so now that i look back

the intelajet is only available through a thunder products dealer, so i asked my suspension shop guy to get it and he did all the paperwork to be a dealer, so either get it through riders edge suspension vernon bc, or get your favirote shop to become a dealer
I'd be interested to know if they will fit bigger carbs like a 41 pwk.......
this guy will bore your carb and install a plate for $125, and i think he invented it
if i lived in the states......
http://www.rb-designs.com/
Last edited by 2strokeforever on December 13th, 2010, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I have not had time to do any carb testing this year other than survival jetting. :(

I got a bunch of different setups to try.

I would plan the location of the intelajet in the carb bell carefully. The knob like thing where the fuel goes into tube can be a pain if you have clearance issues between the carb and the frame. Mine was installed by Dicks Racing and I would have located it elsewhere. He did an excellent job and on normal bikes it would prolly be fine. Clearance is an issue on Gen 2's and I have not had time to build a newer bike so I can't comment on clearance on a gen 3 or 4.

I rotate my carb a lot to change the pilot jet and needles.

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1244420755

I run an hour meter so I can keep track of hours on the motor and suspension. At some point I'm going to build a bracket that I can mount both the intelajet adjuster along with the hour meter mount at the top tank bolt instead of what I have now.

bearorso

Post by bearorso »

seanmx57 wrote:I have not had time to do any carb testing this year other than survival jetting. :(

I got a bunch of different setups to try.
Just as I was about to PM you about that SRP(?) vane set up I've been interested in.......... Sounds like you've got the same problems as me with getting time / health to ride. Hows the knee going, cartilage growing back well?? Mine are the same dead items, but my re-entry back into the MC suspension biz has been the main reason for buggerall riding. Typical, get back into the industry, you have no time for riding......... :evil:

Hows the Intelijet work at that point? I guess it's good, as the bloke who deals with them put it there - and as I've that platform already tapped from an experiment, that's where I'll put it. Not that I get much use out of the top end in my terrain, but I'd like the adjust-ability, as, when I finally get some time to ride this Xmas break, I'll be venturing out into the nether regions over the other side of the Blue Mountains, so I'd like the ease of adjustment I assume the Intelijet gives, to avoid meltdown.

Just here in the workshop (with my bike being used as a clothes / metal rack - I'm scared it will take revenge on me when I finally take it out for a ride) , drinking beer, and watching the 88/89/90 500 GP compilations (plus EWCs/ 6 days, Magoo, 1980 Carlsbad GP) - bloody hell they raced at some nasty tracks, and some magnificent ones. That's what MX should be, not tilled to perfection courses that seem to be the norm in the US Nat's. 40 minutes +2 laps of hell is how it should be................ I think the beer is taking over....... :clink: :blur: :belch:
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

slp power pack is what its called
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

"Hows the Intelijet work at that point?"

I assume that means location???

It functions the same where ever you put it as long as the outlet of the tube is centered. The advantage of the location Dick put it is that there is more metal to drill and tap where he did it. Mine was originally set up for a dial a jet which requires access from the outside. The dial a jet is a lame design IMO and I upgraded. Dial a jet has only 5 positions and it is covered by a rubber boot that rips from the zipty that holds the boot in place. It's a tight spot to be messing with ziptys and is NOT something I'd wanna do with the carb on the bike.

I've got 4 turns of adjustment with the intelajet and I can tell the difference of a 1/2 turn. 4 turns equals about 2 main jets worth of fuel difference. I don't think It's a top end only improvement. It fills in lean spots in the curve working on vacuum and acoustics. So when it get lean the motor wants to ping and the intelajet allows more fuel.

this link is to explain the tech stuff.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm

http://www.thunderproducts.com/IntelaJet.htm

Just remembered. Dick placed the fuel pick up from the bowl on the side of the drain plug :x makes it so I can't change the pilot as easily or drain fuel after a ride as easily. The next carb I set up with one will have the pick up on the right side of the bowl.

Some pics of the stuff I gotta test or am testing. Running the intelajet and the PN wing on the box side at the moment. The outlet wings won't fit the taper bored carb without messing around.

This pics shows the hole placement at different locations. The original powernow insert didn't come with a hole, the new one does. I just drilled a hole the same size to match the intelajet nozzle's location.

kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Love your carb inserts man, i have been looking to test something like that to see if any thrittle response or bottom end was to be had. You made those? or bought them?
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

powernow makes the singles. I just run em for good looks. like the intelajet, just for looks
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

intelajet arrived, powerwing on its way, ride report friday
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Get the iCat too, while your at it...
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

2strokeforever wrote:intelajet arrived, powerwing on its way, ride report friday
Or not.

Plan on devoting plenty of time to jetting. The wings can be finicky. You must have noticed I didn't give a review of the combo..........

The jury is out until I spend play with plenty of brass. I had very limited time riding this year with this lousy economy forcing me to work long hours constantly.

i'd get the intelajet on the money and then add the wing.

The wing richens the mix and the intelajet uses leaner jetting but when, where and how much are the big ?'s. Keep good notes.

I do a lap, get her up to temp. Pull over tweak the zipty AS so it's on the money then do a few straight lines tests to dial in the intelajet. The skeptics haven't run it so they really can comment on it. Just remember I'm a MXer and don't spend much time at low throttle settings. But at full bitch a 1/2 turn off on the intelajet IS noticable, at least to me.

I run filter skinz so that variable changes the mix quickly if it's dusty. I can start out a ride in the AM when it's cool and you need more fuel and by the afternoon I'm pretty rich with the hotter temps and the skin pluggin, so it's REAL nice to be able to lean her out on the fly in 2 seconds.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i'd get the intelajet on the money and then add the wing.
the wing wont be here for 2 weeks, its on backorder, so i dont have a choice really
Get the iCat too, while your at it...
if it dosent work ill just toss it
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

so i got the intelajet installed, i feel like a retard for drilling it a bit crooked but it should work fine seeing as the main jet is on the bottom of the carb(i still feel stupid), went out to a long hill with 6 inches of snow, so i could hold it wound for 20+ seconds heavy load, part way up the first run i could tell it was lean so i swapped out the 165 in there for a 168, and with the intelajet full rich it gave a perfect tan color, i also raised the clip 1 notch, ill be switching to a 170 main so im in the middle of the adjustment range
had to cut it short cause i noticed my shock wasnst rebound dampening for the first inch coming back up :shock:
so i take it to riders edge(the suspension magician) and he told me that the seal prolly died leaking the oil out, annd he was right, apparently thats common on mx bikes that are rode in the winter, he was on the phone to another guy about the same thing when i came in
but i think the intelajet makes it crisp without the lean bog when you get on it, to back this up i went over backwards(in 6"of snow)3rd or 4th, on flat ground, havent done that in a while

and for whoever is interested heres how it works
the knob adjusts how much air goes to the nozzle, richer=more air,leaner is less air(sounds backwards but thats how it is)
then the air goes into the nozzle and into the carb, sucking fuel with it(there is no fancy venturi, just look at the pic its all in the nozzle)
it wouldnt be hard to homemake one of these if a guy wanted to
4stroke=dead fish
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

[/quote]
and for whoever is interested heres how it works
the knob adjusts how much air goes to the nozzle, richer=more air,leaner is less air(sounds backwards but thats how it is) [/quote]

How did you make this determination?

[/quote]
then the air goes into the nozzle and into the carb, sucking fuel with it(there is no fancy venturi, just look at the pic its all in the nozzle)[/quote]

So if the air is mixing with the fuel, more air is leaner last I knew
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

How did you make this determination?
easy, i attached a tube to the knob/valve and blew in it while adjusting the knob
So if the air is mixing with the fuel, more air is leaner last I knew
ya i got it backwards, i was going by how much noise it made, because the change in flow is pretty small, but your right leaner is more open/air
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Raising the clip is also leaning it out.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Raising the clip is also leaning it out.
i know that
the instructions say to go 2 sizes leaner on the main, and try leaning the needle 1 notch
4stroke=dead fish
kball1313

carb

Post by kball1313 »

If you're riding super tight woods/single track, why not try a 36 or 38? You can snag em up for next to nothing and it'll still pull decent on top. It'll give you a way stronger signal and be less likely to flame out.

Personally, i've never tried any of those piggyback jetting systems, since I don't trust anything more than K jets and taking the time to just jet it right. But obviously some people have used em with a degree of success.

I had a remove air screw for the FCR on my WR450, just because it sucked to adjust when it's piping hot.
If if doesn't kill you, it hurts like hell.
Quads are dirtbikes for fat kids.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

and be less likely to flame out.
if my bike flames out, its too lean, richening fixes it
if anything i want a bigger carb
4stroke=dead fish