go straighten this guy out......

All Boinger, Sub-Tank, Steering Stabilizer Stuff Here.
qkenuf4u

go straighten this guy out......

Post by qkenuf4u »

its a ebay ad for inverted cr500 forks.... he doesnt believe me when i say they wont fit 89-2000 like he seems to think they will ... heres my dialog with him today..... :roll: from what ive been reading here and cr500riders the forks have went thru multiple changes over the years and will not work with all those years..... :?: if im wrong ill be the first to admit it and apologize to the guy but im pretty dam sure im not wrong...
:twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123
HONDA 1989-2000 CR 500R INVERTED CARTRIDGE TYPE FORKS
Item Id: 220698186771
End time: Nov-22-10 05:37:48 PST
Seller:
bear1950 (67)
97.2% Positive Feedback
Member since Dec-04-09 in United States
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear bear1950,
so exactly what year did they come from ? 89-2000 is a bad description since thru those years the forks changed so much its crazy...
- zane28
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear zane28,
Please read the description of the bike it came off of. It will fit 1989-2000
- bear1950
Dear bear1950,
wrong answer..... do some research.... the steering stems/triples/fork sizes are NOT all the same
- zane28
Dear zane28,
Your right you do have the wrong answer. Please respond to you local honda shop. Check microfish on honda forks, you are right about valving chsnges. But unless you are an expert rider valving change was so minable that this really is not an issue. If you are an expert rider these will not work on a CRF 450 without extreme modification. Thanks hope you find the forks your looking for.
- bear1950
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

youll encounter alot of folks on ebay/craigslist that aint quit plumb with the world. laugh and move on. seems to be the best way to handle it :wink:
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

100hp honda wrote:youll encounter alot of folks on ebay/craigslist that aint quit plumb with the world. laugh and move on. seems to be the best way to handle it :wink:
i sent him some info that another cr5 hoon sent me and left it at that... :wink: