My supermoto Rebuild...

Recount your rebuilds here!
ctatv

Post by ctatv »

a tooth went on 3rd gear and lunched 2nd, and 4th gear with it. Gotta get new gears. does anybody know of that company that was making long ratio gears for the CR500?
1990 CR500 Street legal Supermoto
agent

Post by agent »

Madman engineering...long out of business I belive or at least not interested in doing them anymore.. I looked for a set a few years back.... no luck.
ctatv

Post by ctatv »

agent wrote:Madman engineering...long out of business I belive or at least not interested in doing them anymore.. I looked for a set a few years back.... no luck.
yeah I spoke with the guy over at madmen he said they were actual honda gears he didnt make them in house and he hadnt had them for a number of years.
B440

Post by B440 »

That's interesting. So he was just selling the later model trans gears? You should be able to get those used a bit cheaper.
ctatv

Post by ctatv »

B440 wrote:That's interesting. So he was just selling the later model trans gears? You should be able to get those used a bit cheaper.
thats what I cant figure out. he and then somebody else said they were HRC gears... Even though madman doesnt sell them anymore the webpage that he had for selling them is still available through a google search. here were the gear ratios for the HRC gears... are these the same as the early/late taller gears that came from the factory in the newer bikes

The stock cr250, & cr500 Ratios are:
1st: 1.8 2nd: 1.47 3rd: 1.235 4th: 1.05 5th: .909
The new Madman ratios are:
1st: 1.8 2nd: 1.47 3rd: 1.1 4th: .909 5th: .75
http://www.madmanengineering.com/wideratio.htm
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

they bought inventory that was sold by IRC or something, all old HRC inventory is the rumor.
No they arent the same as the honda ratio, check my tech post link at the bottom of my posts, theres a folder for the cr500. Has charts of ratios made up, somewehre there is also the instruction sheet from the wide ratio sets with the original Honda numbers and ratios
ctatv

Post by ctatv »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:they bought inventory that was sold by IRC or something, all old HRC inventory is the rumor.
No they arent the same as the honda ratio, check my tech post link at the bottom of my posts, theres a folder for the cr500. Has charts of ratios made up, somewehre there is also the instruction sheet from the wide ratio sets with the original Honda numbers and ratios
thanks,

I wonder if Service Honda would know where to locate the HRC gears