Steel sleeve cr250 cylinder

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
DesertCR

Steel sleeve cr250 cylinder

Post by DesertCR »

Found a good deal on cr250 cylinder (03) but the thing has a steel sleeve in it. Anyone have any experience with theses, I know CR500's arent plated but how does a newer cr250 steel cylinder run? I dont want to buy the thing and end up having to sell it.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

must of trashed the alloy bore at some point in time. dont see no other reason for the sleeve. whats your question ?
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

Well, do they run hotter, leaner, reliability? I mean the bike is designed to run on a nikasil clylinder not steel. Basically will the bike run as good and reliable as with the stock cylinder?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i never sleeved a plated cylinder so i dont know. millenium says on their site to never sleeve a plated cylinder for several reasons. glen says theres some yahoo at LA sleeve that says its good to sleeve them. got 4 plated bikes, i would never sleeve them with iron. actually wanting to put alloy sleeve and plating in the cr500 if i ever get around to it.

read this if you want. 3/4 down the page
http://mt-llc.com/About/faq.html
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

nikasil is way better in every way, unless your running nitrous and blowing it up all the time, then its easier to rebore than replate
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish