Rekluse Z start Pro - the cats ass!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: this thread is great!
I think my iCat added 10 hp to my bike. Anyone else have a similar story?? Oh yea, the pen that comes with it improved my spelling too.

Its a Win-Win product!!!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the dent in my head pipe improved the velocity of the exhaust gases +10hp :lol: :lol: :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Z max fuel treatment gave me more power than the 20 shot of nawwssss
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Why single me out with such a vendetta?
Because you are the most vocal.
Because you are in a position of perceived authority.
Because you have access to real experts.
98% of the time you give competent advice and opinions. At least from my point of view. This is just one of those instances where I felt you overstepped the line.
M.F.D.B. wrote:
MojoScojo wrote: I'd also wager he's a far better rider than you'll ever be. I've seen you ride.
That’s a BOLD statement coming from someone who rode with me ONE TIME 3-5 (or so) YEARS ago when I was still very much a NOOB. Especially when I went everywhere you guys took me, at your pace, and without wrecking. My guess is my skill level is somewhere around 10 fold better......So I cant be all that terrible of a rider you make me out to be?
No offense dude. I did not mean to imply you were a terrible rider. I am simply comparing you to my son. Kids improve faster than anyone, particularly teenage boys. At the time I rode with you (3 years ago), he was 12 and rode about as well as I perceived you to ride, at least in that environment. I was not leading, BigD was. Danny was pretty much the guy setting the overall pace, and i do recall both of you struggling with a particular climb i had to ride around you that my son would not have had any trouble with. I still have nightmares about BigD puking red beer. I could buy the 10 fold better, as that's about how much my son has improved as well. He's 15, has been riding quite often and no longer has trouble keeping whatever pace I can set. He's actually quite skilled as I would imagine you to be by now. He DOES however have quite a ways to go before he could even begin to think about giving advice on how any bike handles let alone think he can best me or my riding buds. Do you still ride with Lewisclan? You think you've improved faster than James? 3 years is nothing.

Another example of overstepping with your opinion:
M.F.D.B. wrote:
bearorso wrote: The only reason I have used a Rekluse is that I have leg damage that means I can't use a foot brake.
First of all, EPIC FAIL on the bike choice!! Theres plenty of better choices that would be mucho easier to start and handle, to each their own…
bearorso wrote: I set up my rekluses with all the balls in TC, to make the uptake as abrupt as possible. The clutch doesn't slip. This means I loose much of the anti stall feature that many people want them for
Congrats on shooting yourself in the foot. Why ruin the whole bonus of an auto clutch?
Bearorso already tore you a new one for that, so I'll refrain.

And then back to some useful advice.
M.F.D.B. wrote:
bearorso wrote: The way that I have my Pro set up, means that I would be better off with the EXP (although the shorty clutch lever might not work then , as the softer action at lower revs on a Pro enable it's ease of use)
You would NOT want a Core, the clutch feel is the same as stock and I don’t think even Wooky has that kind of finger strength…
You're a great guy with a lot to contribute. Just wake up and recognize that you are not all things to all dirtbikers. :poke:
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Tommy_J wrote:If the clutch is set up properly it will provide better fine control than a human can. I can do observed trials type moves with this thing.
Thank you for responding. Tell me more. I'm still having trouble seeing how a fixed consistent operation is better than a skilled hand in ALL situations.

dannygraves wrote:Like someone I know keeps saying about anal "don't knock it until you try it" that auto clutch is definitly at home and very well suited to really nasty and really technical ST.
No argument there. It's just not necessarily for everyone or _EVERY CR500_ as M.F.D.B. would have us believe.
No longer have a CR500.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

MojoScojo wrote: No offense dude. I did not mean to imply you were a terrible rider. I am simply comparing you to my son. Kids improve faster than anyone, particularly teenage boys. At the time I rode with you (3 years ago), he was 12 and rode about as well as I perceived you to ride, at least in that environment. I was not leading, BigD was. Danny was pretty much the guy setting the overall pace, and i do recall both of you struggling with a particular climb i had to ride around you that my son would not have had any trouble with. I still have nightmares about BigD puking red beer. I could buy the 10 fold better, as that's about how much my son has improved as well. He's 15, has been riding quite often and no longer has trouble keeping whatever pace I can set. He's actually quite skilled as I would imagine you to be by now. He DOES however have quite a ways to go before he could even begin to think about giving advice on how any bike handles let alone think he can best me or my riding buds. Do you still ride with Lewisclan? You think you've improved faster than James? 3 years is nothing.
yeah, I was setting the pace that day :lol: :lol: I was really green on the 500 and had this crazy idea that 14/47 gearing would be good in ST... now for me that day was as MFDB puts it an "epic fail" although I did almost run Brit over a few times :lol: we've all come a long way since then. You can't bring James into this though, he was the only other person who could start my gen-1 :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

MojoScojo wrote: That's just it, you lose the fine off idle low speed control that can be critical for certain obstacles.
Could not disagree more, my experience is completely the oposite as is all the local guys I ride with…
Tommy_J wrote: If the clutch is set up properly it will provide better fine control than a human can. I can do observed trials type moves with this thing.
My experience exactly…
bearorso wrote: 1 : Big Fail? Who the Fuck are you to question what bike I ride? Whatever mods I've done to the CRE, would be done to any bike I have. Do not presume to tell me, or any one here, whether they should be on a CR500.
Touched a nerve did I? Geese, calm down, I gave my simple, admitedly somewhat abrasive (sorry) opinion. If you said, “my weener doesn’t work well anymore, I think im going to leave my loving yet prude wife for a hot little nympho bich who loves to screw”, I would still tell you that you made a pisspoor decision. I personally would have bought one of those 2-stroke electric start KTM’s but that’s just my dumb ass illigitamate reasoning…
bearorso wrote: calm down and go for a ride
Im far from the only one here who should take that advice…
AlisoBob wrote: I think my iCat added 10 hp to my bike. Anyone else have a similar story??
Ive heard they stiffin your weener to, did you notice any of that? :wink:
MojoScojo wrote:Do you still ride with Lewisclan? You think you've improved faster than James? 3 years is nothing.
The only place I have ever ridden with Lewis Clan is in the dunes so I honestly have no idea how good James is anywhere but dunes. I can tell you he is awesome in the dunes and I can also tell you I was very impressed how much better I thought he looked when he rode my 450 intead of a stretched raced out 500. Having a bike with tip top suspension that was valved for much closer to his weight made a huge difference!
MojoScojo wrote:
Another example of overstepping with your opinion:
M.F.D.B. wrote:
bearorso wrote: The only reason I have used a Rekluse is that I have leg damage that means I can't use a foot brake.
First of all, EPIC FAIL on the bike choice!! Theres plenty of better choices that would be mucho easier to start and handle, to each their own…
bearorso wrote: I set up my rekluses with all the balls in TC, to make the uptake as abrupt as possible. The clutch doesn't slip. This means I loose much of the anti stall feature that many people want them for
Congrats on shooting yourself in the foot. Why ruin the whole bonus of an auto clutch?
Bearorso already tore you a new one for that, so I'll refrain.
Is there a such thing as “overstepping with your opinion”? I actually laughed out loud when I read that! My opinion is simply that, and although I worded it a bit abrasive, MANY people would agree with me…In fact im more than willing to notify professionals in this department and ask them their opinion. Im also quiet willing to place a wager on them siding an opinion much closer to mine than that or yours or Bearoso’s. Any takers?
MojoScojo wrote: You're a great guy with a lot to contribute. Just wake up and recognize that you are not all things to all dirtbikers.
Thanks, just realize that myself and others believe very much that certain people will disagree with my opinions based solely on the fact they feel myself and others are “sell outs” for turning to Thumpers. Along those same lines im fully convinced some on this board are just like the old school muscle car guys who still run Carburators simply because they HATE fuel injection and swear carbs are better…I have come to grips with this and still love those riding buddies just the same as I did when I rode a 500 and don’t pass judgement on them…
MojoScojo wrote:
Tommy_J wrote:If the clutch is set up properly it will provide better fine control than a human can. I can do observed trials type moves with this thing.
Thank you for responding. Tell me more. I'm still having trouble seeing how a fixed consistent operation is better than a skilled hand in ALL situations.
Can I answer that? Huh can I? Huh HUh? :wink: :wink:
MojoScojo wrote:
dannygraves wrote:Like someone I know keeps saying about anal "don't knock it until you try it" that auto clutch is definitly at home and very well suited to really nasty and really technical ST.
No argument there. It's just not necessarily for everyone or _EVERY CR500_ as M.F.D.B. would have us believe.
This is your opinion just like ours to the contrary, you dont see me getting all pissed and swearing at you for disagreeing with us?
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote: yeah, I was setting the pace that day :lol: :lol: I was really green on the 500 and had this crazy idea that 14/47 gearing would be good in ST... now for me that day was as MFDB puts it an "epic fail" although I did almost run Brit over a few times :lol: we've all come a long way since then. You can't bring James into this though, he was the only other person who could start my gen-1 :lol:
Not to mention a clapped out 86 cr500, and that hill Mojo remembers "us" having trouble with was actually you spinning out from what I remember and me sitting at the top watching Big D puke red stuff all over the place... GOOD TIMES!! :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Not to mention a clapped out 86 cr500, and that hill Mojo remembers "us" having trouble with was actually you spinning out from what I remember and me sitting at the top watching Big D puke red stuff all over the place... GOOD TIMES!! :lol:
Interesting... I thought it was supposed to be the old guys like me that suffered memory loss.

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 3488232/15
BigD wrote:I would like to thank ALL the hoons that made the trip to our backyard. Lots of new faces this year but some of the ones from the past were not here (Rob129, VH), that sucked. All in all it was a great weekend. A big thanks to AP for setting up the breakfast with Jerry Hall, the Tim Hilsamer (Hilslamer) clinic and the great food. Thanks bro.

The first ride was a disaster no doubt but at the end of the day when the alcohol was flowing I think all had a good time. My day went like this; After figuring out that we had lost 75% of the group we decided to head back to the trucks and try to regroup. When we got back to the trucks only five or six hoons were there. Apparently Bob and Jay had "persuaded" wild_bill to lead a ride, so a large group took off. After seeing this plus seeing ST500 with a beer in his hand I'm thinking it's beer thirty. Grin While in the process of throwing back a couple beers I'm hearing from Mojo, MFDB and Danny_Graves that they still want to see some Arizona ST.

I decided to lead a ride out to MM4 and then take our (Off-camber mc) "C" race loop back to the trucks. It's about a 35 mile loop that's 80% ST. We got down to MM4 with no problems and took a quick five minute break. I think at this point MFDB and Danny have a new appreciation for Arizona ST. Wink We took off and finished the rest of the loop. At some point on the way back we hit my favorite section (not) three miles of deep sand with about 275 whoops Embarrassed Wink

Remember those couple beers I had earlier, welllll... Oh ya and some red Gatorade (AP's purge request). Grin Grin Question: What happens when you shake a can of beer? EXPLOSION Grin Grin Grin After going through the three miles of whoops those two beers were shaken quit a bit. Embarrassed So I waited for this certain hill climb that I thought might give them some trouble and that would give me a minute to purge Smiley I was correct MFDB and Danny had a hard time BUT I forgot about Mojo and sure enough he zips right up the hill to see red Gatorade come shooting out of my mouth Grin He thought for sure I had crashed and was bleeding internally (sorry Mojo) Grin Grin The other two got up the hill and we moved on. I must say that MFDB and Danny did a great job. Mojo you're a very good rider and thanks for sweeping.

The second day was better as we keep everyone together but as you heard we had a few problems with a few bikes. Got about 10 or 11 miles into the ride and some of the guys were all ready out of water and out of energy so me and a couple of the other Arizona boys (Shanman and ST500) got them back to the trucks.

Maybe next year we can try to break up into groups for specific level rides. 25 bikes is to many to try and run 40 miles of Arizona ST. Never the less it was a great time and I can't wait for 08.

BigD
No longer have a CR500.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Funny, I was already sitting at the top watching Big D puke his guts out when you arrive and I was walking down the hill to help Danny up, but who cares, what difference does it make?

Last trip I wheelied up the hill thats in the back ground when the famous pick of Danny and the cactus arm pit hair was taken. A bunch of peeps got hung up on that hill. Does this mean that im part of the cool guy crowd now?

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Does this mean that im part of the cool guy crowd now?
If you are, can you put in a good word for me? Those guys won't even talk to me.
No longer have a CR500.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Funny, I was already sitting at the top watching Big D puke his guts out when you arrive and I was walking down the hill to help Danny up, but who cares, what difference does it make?
LOL, yeah, BigD was at the top, MFDB 2nd and Mojo was behind me and he went around while MFDB came back down to help me. but, yeah, none of this has anything to do with an auto clutch
M.F.D.B. wrote:Last trip I wheelied up the hill thats in the back ground when the famous pick of Danny and the cactus arm pit hair was taken. A bunch of peeps got hung up on that hill. Does this mean that im part of the cool guy crowd now?
Yup, thats what I get for helping :roll: an armpit full of cactus. I was also riding BigDs ass on that ride, when we made it up that hill, it was BigD first, me right behind, Bob about 5 minutes out and everyone else took like 20 more minutes... I too have come a ways in my riding, talking about a ride from several years ago also doesn't have anything to with the effectiveness of the auto clutch.
MDFB took me and Jason riding with some of his pro desert race buddies all of them on katooms, one even a 2 stroke and all with auto clutches, if I remember correctly. One should have been last years champion if he didn't have a trailer come lose from his truck on his way to the race. Those guys whooped my ass, definitly faster than anyone on here that I've ever ridden with and also in some of the harshest tight single track. Those guys win races using an auto clutch.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Tommy_J

Post by Tommy_J »

MojoScojo wrote:I'm still having trouble seeing how a fixed consistent operation is better than a skilled hand in ALL situations.
My unit is not the Z start pro but it has the perch kit so the clutch lever works as usual, but with a much lighter pull. Its best of both worlds IMHO.

BTW, I installed the perch unit on the motor end of the cable and this seems to give very consistent engagement. A perch unit support bracket was incorporated into a machined from billet case saver.
CR500 Shifter Kart + Gen 3 AF
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

dannygraves wrote:the dent in my head pipe improved the velocity of the exhaust gases +10hp :lol: :lol: :lol:
Speaking of 4 stroke exhausts, i was looking at prices for some pipes for new bikes. A GRAND FOR A NEW PIPE/SILENCER??!?!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS IT MADE OF?? UNOBTANIUM/GOLD ALLOY?

seriously though, what the hell is up with that insane tag......price is hardly worth the power upgrade.....
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote:
MDFB took me and Jason riding with some of his pro desert race buddies all of them on katooms, one even a 2 stroke and all with auto clutches, if I remember correctly.
Correct so far... :wink:

dannygraves wrote: One should have been last years champion if he didn't have a trailer come lose from his truck on his way to the race.
Such a disappointment to be #2, like who gives a shit if you arnt #1... :lol:
dannygraves wrote: Those guys whooped my ass, definitly faster than anyone on here that I've ever ridden with and also in some of the harshest tight single track. Those guys win races using an auto clutch.

According to them what we saw was 80% race pace. It took me 90% of my capability to keep up with 80% of theirs and I could only do that for abut 45 minutes then it was chill out or puke (Big D style)... :shock: They average 2 hours at that pace...Damn over 30 experts, make me feel 80 years old... :?

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

NightBiker07 wrote: seriously though, what the hell is up with that insane tag......price is hardly worth the power upgrade.....
I completely agree, the only reason I bought the FMF mega bomb full system for my bike was it was on dealer closeout for a secret price, lets just say below $300 and I wanted a spare system in case I squashed mine in AZ...

I have a pretty good booty dyno and I cant hardly tell a difference from stock cept its a lot quieter (FMF) and lighter but who doesnt like TITANIUM UNOBTANIUM PENTOXIDE!!!!!!!!!

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I still laugh at all the d-bags on TT who buy a brand new bike and imediatelly go buy a $1000 exhaust that has minimal powergain. Shit, for the cost they could get a scotts stabilizer and a rekluse :lol: :wink: Next time they are having the year end close out I will probably pick up an fmf or PC simply because the oem pipe hangs low and sticks out and keeps getting hit where the aftermarket pipes hug the cylinder and my oem exhaust is loud as hell and I would like it to be quieter.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote: Shit, for the cost they could get a scotts stabilizer and a rekluse :lol: :wink:
Thats what I did... :wink:
dannygraves wrote: my oem exhaust is loud as hell
Understatement of the year... :shock:
dannygraves wrote: I would like it to be quieter
You and the rest of Mother Earth...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:lol: :lol: loud pipes save lives! :wink: and mine also clears out all the wildlife!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

dannygraves wrote: mine also clears out all the brain cells I have left
FIXED

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

StinkFinger wrote:Yeah man, There is no doubt that riding in the PNW is a lot different than most of the country. No way anybody is going to be seen with an auto-clutch in the woods around here... they just don't make sense.

I'm sure they work very well where there is no obstacles, and where twist and go is the name of the game... I'd get one in that environment.

Scott and Rob, leave these guys alone, it works for them!! Pussies! :D
I ride PNW and have used a Pro-Z in my CR250 for the last 5 years. I think it works very well here, especially in the Winter months when the roots and rocks get nice and snotty. No worries of stalls in technical sections, and no restarts after crashes is pretty nice.
This thread was an interesting read. I already have a Pro-Z on the shelf for my 500af, will go in as soon as my new Hinson basket and frictions arrive. I hope it works out as well as it has for the 250.
keysey

Post by keysey »

Yep I reckon its one of the best mods I have done to the bike. I got bit in the ass once though. Thought it was in neutral and was kickin it over with the throttle full open because it was flooded, next thing im on my ass and the bike is 20m down the road. Must have been in second
JasonB

Post by JasonB »

def an interesting read. there is a guy over on the 3 wheeler boards that converted a cr-5 into a trike that is running a rekluse and it had me considering one. I will be able to ride my atc250r conversion to accept a 500 motor next week or the following week, so I will get an idea of how she acts since it will be my first time riding a 500
lms1977

Post by lms1977 »

I have considered one the only issue I think I would find as a down fall is when I hill climb with the bike??

when I would get stuck it would be like the bike being in neutral correct?

the issue there is with out the bike in gear it is much harder to control the bike on the hill turning around or walking it down part way etc?

am I correct with this?

sorry it might have been in this 4 page bitching war I skimmed over it

in the single track trails this seems like it would be nice