ill be the guinee pig

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on December 24th, 2009, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

hmmm... this sounds like a good resolution :wink: :lol: I'm always down to watch some RACIN"! :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

glen it seems you have become confused. i see no reason to put my "weekend" rider skills against one of your "professional" climbers skills... this has nothing to do with rider skill so dont try and spin it off to that direction :roll: , lets leave the rider out of the eqaution. the topic was about pipes and power, understand ? having said that, your the cr500 master with 30 years experience, right ? it appears your doubting the cpi, so we need to see how well your pipes perform against a cpi. and while were at it we might as well see how well your porting works also. ive seen the best you have to offer, atleast you had told me it was your best, and i wasnt impressed, kind of dissapointed actually. if your "full race" motor/pipe made 5hp more than stock i would be very very suprised.

any of you loyal gss followers want to run your bike down to the local cycle shop and throw it on a dyno ill gladly pay the shop labor charges to make a few dyno pulls. let me know :cool:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Dude if those videos are of your big hp engine, and not just posted to be sarchastic :roll:

for the first 3, click on the video and turn off your monitor with the speakers cranked

500 with "porting"

nitrous 500 (same pipe)

Stock 500 with gnarly

This was the scene against 3 other 500s, one on a pc/pj,ct reed+stock porting one on a pj/gnarly/stock reed= stock porting, and one pwk/gnarly/vf2+some "porting" (the slow one in the vid, he has 2" of extention on the swingarm so it comes out easy, dont have the power for a 4th gear clutch dump like my gen3 thats not extended here {the overall fastest by far one} )
you sheep can keep running them fmf for all i care. its funny that you cant imagine theres a better product out there. for christs sake you own a performance shop right ? well i would think you would have a dyno around you could test the fmf ? fmf is garbage brotha
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

ITS TIME FOR A DYNO SHOOTOUT!

CMON, KEEN THE FUCK UP AND DO IT!!!!

THERE WILL BE NO HARD FEELINGS FOR THE LOSER OF ANY BIKE, NO EXCUSES, BUT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING AND SATISFYING.

all we need is a time and a place, some one bring a cr500 wheel with road tyre fitted(well use this tyre on all the bikes saving everyone a tyre change).no hard feelings after the the test, these will all be good engines/pipes so lets get some results!

WHOS IN?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I'd be down to dyno the gen-1 :wink: I know a friend of a friend has a dyno, but the problem with dynos are, to be acurate everyone needs to use the same dyno on the same day
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:
Ported&Polished wrote: And a trail port doesn't exsist, it's either ported full out race or it's not ported at all.
Making the engine have massive torque down low is the trail port, the kinda thing where you never have to shift cuz it just lugs from anywhere.
That's a stock cr500 trait, all you need is the right gears and you almost never have to shift on trails. People can spend time and money on whatever floats their boat, for my money, if it's getting ported it's getting the full treatment or there is no reason to do it. I don't care about the subtle differences between stock and trail ported, because with a cr500 it doesn't matter until your wide open and going as fast as the bike will go.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

100hp honda wrote:glen it seems you have become confused. i see no reason to put my "weekend" rider skills against one of your "professional" climbers skills... this has nothing to do with rider skill so dont try and spin it off to that direction :roll: , lets leave the rider out of the eqaution. the topic was about pipes and power, understand ? having said that, your the cr500 master with 30 years experience, right ? it appears your doubting the cpi, so we need to see how well your pipes perform against a cpi. and while were at it we might as well see how well your porting works also. ive seen the best you have to offer, atleast you had told me it was your best, and i wasnt impressed, kind of dissapointed actually. if your "full race" motor/pipe made 5hp more than stock i would be very very suprised.

any of you loyal gss followers want to run your bike down to the local cycle shop and throw it on a dyno ill gladly pay the shop labor charges to make a few dyno pulls. let me know :cool:
Im not doubting the CPI pipe but you didnt show us anything impressive, and bashing Glens pipes and porting isnt going to make the pipe anymore impressive. If I recall correctly Glen said that he matches every pipe he makes to the port job he does for even flow. IMO that sounds like it would work a whole lot better than just bolting on a CPI to any old 500, now If you had port matched your cylinder to a CPI than thats a different story.... good or bad Im not sure.
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

caseyracing, i think you misread some things. i didnt bash glen, i stated facts from personal experience. ive used his stuff, it didnt work very well so i sold it. if his products had worked good for me, then i would have been the first one here to say it. his pipe shouldnt need to have some gay ass stupid special porting to see results. either it makes power or it doesnt, regardless what fukkin motor you bolt it to.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Amen!
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

pipe and porting are independent of each other. They can be made to make power in the same rpm range and a pipe can be larger to suit the additional flow of big porting, but pipes and porting are still independent of each other. if you have a pipe that is made to peak at 7000 rpm and you put it on a stock motor, the motor will now get a bit more overrev and have more topend. you can build some sick porting that will peak at 7000 rpm and put a gnarly pipe which probably peaks at like 2500 rpm, and the pipe effect will peak way down low, but the motor will still put out a lot more topend than a stock. the idea to to try to get the pipe and porting to peak at similar times, thats about the only matching that needs to occur.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

100hp honda wrote:caseyracing, i think you misread some things. i didnt bash glen, i stated facts from personal experience. ive used his stuff, it didnt work very well so i sold it. if his products had worked good for me, then i would have been the first one here to say it. his pipe shouldnt need to have some gay ass stupid special porting to see results. either it makes power or it doesnt, regardless what fukkin motor you bolt it to.
"his pipe shouldnt need to have some gay ass stupid special porting to see results" hmmm just another bash. are you sure that you got the motor into the powerband, Ive seen Glens motors in action and they kick ass.

-Jake
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

caseyracing222 wrote: Ive seen Glens motors in action and they kick ass.

-Jake
maybe the parts i got were defective and i should get my money back, then i can return brit his money because i gave the parts to him. sounds fair doesnt it ?
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

whens the dyno day haha?
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

This pissing match is pretty funny. Deal with whoever you want to deal with for your porting/pipe needs. Glen has done fantastic work for me and my stuff out runs those who have spent twice as much. I'll be spending more money with Glen this winter infact.

BTW, I'm looking to get the kart on a chassis dyno in the spring, and I will post the results if I do.

Until then, my motor/pipe combo is faster than yours and I'm only in 4th gear :nyah:
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

:eatdrink:

:worthless: DYNO TIME!!!!!

SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET A :spank: WHO WILL IT BE
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

i think youll have to match some of the components,carb size,air filter type,silencer,gearing,and everyone runs out of the same can of gas.to try and evenly match them except for pipe and porting,because if someone is running a 38mm carb and the other guy has a 41mm your not going to see the differance in pipes and port work
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

Not that i know anything..... But on my yfz drag bike i just tested each pipe on the same bike.... never unhooked it from the dyno.. I think i tested 7 pipes one after another.
it runs sometimes

Post by it runs sometimes »

Wow, I had no idea this topic was still going. Everyone has their own "go to guy",.... some motor,some suspension. You should go to whom you feel comfortable with. I personally will only go to Glen. He turned my bike into a full on Hot Rod from the ground up. And I am by no means a great rider, but I will put my bike up against anybody else's.

Thanks Glen
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

it runs sometimes wrote:Wow, I had no idea this topic was still going. Everyone has their own "go to guy",.... some motor,some suspension. You should go to whom you feel comfortable with. I personally will only go to Glen. He turned my bike into a full on Hot Rod from the ground up. And I am by no means a great rider, but I will put my bike up against anybody else's.

Thanks Glen
wow. you just joined the forum right now and have your first post, and it happens to be a comment here about how great gss is. how funny :lol: . DUMBASS :?
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

100hp honda wrote:

-Jake
maybe the parts i got were defective and i should get my money back, then i can return brit his money because i gave the parts to him. sounds fair doesnt it ?
maybe its the fact that you cant ride the bike to its full potential to even notice the gains, Brit seems happy with Glens motor and everyone else that has gone to him.
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

caseyracing222 wrote:
100hp honda wrote:

-Jake
maybe its the fact that you cant ride the bike to its full potential to even notice the gains, Brit seems happy with Glens motor and everyone else that has gone to him.
brits happy ? im not even going to go there :D . have a good day !
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

100hp honda wrote:wow. you just joined the forum right now and have your first post, and it happens to be a comment here about how great gss is. how funny :lol: . DUMBASS :?
Just joined? It says he joined in February 2008. How can you call someone a dumbass when you can't read? :shock:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

show me a post where he complains about his porting or service from Glen, because I shure dont recall ready any.
-Jake

100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

fastkart wrote:This pissing match is pretty funny. Deal with whoever you want to deal with for your porting/pipe needs. Glen has done fantastic work for me and my stuff out runs those who have spent twice as much. I'll be spending more money with Glen this winter infact.

BTW, I'm looking to get the kart on a chassis dyno in the spring, and I will post the results if I do.

Until then, my motor/pipe combo is faster than yours and I'm only in 4th gear :nyah:
fastkart wrote:Hi Glen. I keep meaning to call you but haven't had the chance. That motor you did for my kart runs hard, but have a couple questions on getting some more out of it.

David
you need more out of it, but you can out run people with twice as much money into theirs ? makes no sense to me but whateva. your gss comrades seem to have left your to fend for yourself. guess their not as confident in their machines. :D