The TTM vs TeamDNS Update

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

I'll make but two comments and then very much get out of the loop. Mike Farchar stepped in without hesitation to help me out with my Service Honda ignition problem and turned many months of frustration into many subsequent months of riding fun - for which I will always be grateful, Also I have sat quiet through the beatings on Service Hondas weld quality and even volunteered photos of my own bike. The photos I have seen of Mike's work are clearly superior, but I got my bike in 6 weeks. Sometimes one has to step back and see the big picture. I have spent several years in the vintage motocross world and it's a small community where there are some high profile characters who have business and personal interests intertwined sometimes not for the better. Seems fraught with the risk of the former stomping on the latter. I hope this all gets cleared up.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

kkvslayer wrote:Why the fuck is mikes craftsmanship being scrutinized now?
Because he told a member that he did boring and honing... when in reality he farms it out....

Because he told Cepek that he rebuilt his motor..... when in reality he had another member do it....... and that member told me their were missing thrust washers..... and that was the cause of the failure. Not low on oil like Mike suggested.

Because he told a that members frame was out of heat treat and will ship any day...... when in reality WTF knows whats really going on cuz' its been 2 months and the frame still hasent shipped.

My himself told me one of his sons is " a hell of a welder". That son is in Idaho ( or some shit like that.....) and all of a sudden Mike cant seem to get anything done...

You do the math..
Last edited by AlisoBob on May 18th, 2009, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

redrocket190 wrote:Mike Farchar stepped in without hesitation to help me out with my Service Honda ignition problem and turned many months of frustration into many subsequent months of riding fun - for which I will always be grateful.
Jay Lewis sent you the OEM ignition..... Correct?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

teemtrubble ACTIVE Yes JOINED 11 Oct 2007 LAST VISIT 16 May 2009

Mike has seen the recent posts.... He has made no attempt to contact me regarding our business agreement, my pending lawsuit, or any way to avoid it.

I have sent Mikes contact info to several concerned members who refuse to post their failed business agreements with TTM Motorsports.

I hope in time, everyone either receives their orders, or refunds.

Good luck to all involved.
97af

Post by 97af »

AlisoBob wrote:
.....and that member told me their were missing thrust washers..... and that was the cause of the failure. Not low on oil like Mike suggested.

No failure......just noise.. It did look like it could have gotten a little warm due to lack of oil.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

97af wrote:[

No failure......just noise..

The fact is they were not installed.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I get pm's like this.... ALLOT. I just got this one today.

xtremeslide wrote:I didn't say nothing but Mike owes me 200$ since January for a silencer and swingarm decals i thought in make business with him but i thought California is too far....so i ask him for a silencer several times so i think i'm lucky (i lose only 200$),if you send him another list of people who need their stuff just put me in
So heres another Hoon Mike has stung for $200! Post up all the information of what the man owes you.

STOP SENDING PM'S TO ME. If your not strong enough to stand up and be heard... I dont want to hear about it .
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

It's all in the post i send him 200 for start a conversion but i think it twice and ask him for a silencer but in five months nothing only excuses so i think that i lose my money but it could be worst
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If you ordered it in Jan, and didnt receive it by March.... you should have been vocal about it THEN.

You might have saved a fellow Hoon from being ripped off too, and you would have had a far greater chance of either getting your parts, or a refund.

Were almost into JUNE....

:roll:
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

I'm sorry for that i don't deal with scammers everyday
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

xtremeslide wrote:I'm sorry for that i don't deal with scammers everyday
Understood
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

AlisoBob wrote:
redrocket190 wrote:Mike Farchar stepped in without hesitation to help me out with my Service Honda ignition problem and turned many months of frustration into many subsequent months of riding fun - for which I will always be grateful.
Jay Lewis sent you the OEM ignition..... Correct?
No dis-respect intended to Jay (he was not the subject of the thread). He loaned me a stock ignition and Mike got me a new one so the loaner could be returned. So both were equally helpful.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
jws696

Post by jws696 »

I am not trying to argue either way that mike is good or bad but without posting up countless emails, this is an outline of my dealings with mike .

I am out $889.20 USD for parts that iv been waiting for since jan,
first order for pipe and silincer 10th jan, (ment to be a two week wait plus postage time )
honda OEM parts 24th jan , (ment to be a couple days wait plus postage time )
I held out on making my dealings public hoping that it would get resolved, as i had only heard good things about Mike on this forum. I talked to Mike a few times and he seemed to be a stand up guy , he also told me consistantly on the phone and by email that all my stuff was only a few days away.

yes i am pissed that Mike took my order and money and hasn't held up his end of the bargin, who wouldn't be? I realise that writing this on a public forum reduces my chances of seeing parts or money again, but i hope to be proven wrong !
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

Your storie is more or less similar as mine

I did the payment in January,Ordered the silencer in February,in march

and April i received several excuses,i'm waiting for the item,what's your

adress,i was so busy,i'll send your stuff next week,bla,bla,bla...

everybody speaked well about him,and i thought:"maybe the guy have

problems" so at the end of april i told him:" Mike if you don't have money

just send me a second hand kick starter (because i need it)...the silencer

as well,
Last edited by xtremeslide on May 20th, 2009, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

jws696 wrote:.... he also told me consistantly on the phone and by email that all my stuff was only a few days away.
That sux.... I'll see what I can do on this end to either get you your parts, or your money back.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

Yeah!! i hope that other people will be luckiest than me.... :roll:
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

jws696 wrote:I realise that writing this on a public forum reduces my chances of seeing parts or money again, but i hope to be proven wrong !
I spoke with Mike today. He said knows he has not responded to your last email, but plans to today.. with information regarding your order.
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

:o
Last edited by Wheelie-Gene on May 20th, 2009, 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2nd gen SSS street hooligan
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

This whole thing is very strange and unfortunate.
I ordered a Clarke tank for my Gen 3 from him, he never asked for dime, it came in and sat at his place for a couple of weeks cause I was broken.
He called up wanting to know if I was going to pick it up or should he ship it?
I sent him a check for a tank and goggles, he sent me a tank and goggles.
We actually got into a bit of tif over the goggles because he wanted to comp me on them. I insisted on paying for them and told him to use his generosity on someone who may be in need as I have heard of several episodes of Mike's generosity.

I just find the whole thing weird and bizarre.
I realize this is a bit of a drift so I'll just sit back and :eatdrink:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

That's exactly how my dealings with Mike have been. When I lost my gear bag out the back of my truck, he GAVE me a helmet with a new liner and sold me full gear cheap. It was a "Pay me when you can" deal for the gear.

On my clutch/ignition covers, he was like "Pay the shipping then pay the rest when you can". He knew I was broke and went out of his way to help.

I was so broke and so stressed at one point that he told me to go riding. When I said that that would have to wait, he asked me how much I typically spend on a ride and immediately put that amount in my PayPal account. :shock:

Personally, I can't thank him enough for what he's done for me but, like you say, all of these other reports are weird as hell. They don't fit with the person I dealt with.

The only way I can grasp it is that Mike bit off more than he can chew and it got out of control. I'm not willing to accept that he is a bad person.

I guess we'll see. :?
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

I received an e-mail from Mike today he explained me he's situation and why he doesn't send the stuff ,also said that he's going to send all to all the customers as soon as posible for him

As he told me the truth i think that i should give him a chance and more time,and i'm going to edit my last comment,and will see...
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

HrcRacing wrote: Personally, I can't thank him enough for what he's done for me ....
Theirs many more good stories like this ... than bad ones.

Thats why I feel.. in time.... Mike will make good with everyone.

I just had to put a stop to it, until then.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

xtremeslide wrote:I think that i should give him a chance and more time,and i'm going to edit my last comment,and will see...
I'm glad he contacted you... I told him to contact everyone... and he appears to be doing that...... a real good sign.
honda02

Post by honda02 »

I don't know my self But I ordered a pipe from Mike I got it the next day I talked to him couple time beside beening a very busy man he seems a good guy to deal with I only about 1.5 hours drive away from him.

Hey I been though rough times my self give the man a break when you'r life falling apart around you money family job ECT I sure shipping out frames on time is on the back burnner I been there my self so I do know what it like and what he going though It Not fun trust me on this one.

I not saying it's right thing to do but you work all night long plus try to run you'r own shop plus deal with the problems at home and ever thing else that go's wrong in life like I said been there my self.

I don't wish this on anyone out there OK I do I ran into some real asshole in my life time sorry Ha Ha.
Like I said put you'r self in his place you try to do the best with what you have to work with Plus at the same time you WIFE is bicthing at you don't help Ha Ha I Know STRESS LOT OF IT from every direction and every time you you turn around.
(I not saying Mike wife is Bicthing at him mine sure was oh she still is Ha Ha).
jws696

Post by jws696 »

i also recived an email from mike today , explaining his situation .