04 450 First time build

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Duzy wrote: I know its still ugly guys so don't rag me to bad. I am more worried about strength than looks.
I'm so tired of hearing that......

When welding ( Especially aluminum) A great weld WILL look bitchin' and a shitty weld will look like crap.

Guys who cant weld say that the appearance of the weld has nothing to do with its stregnth....

Whatever....

:roll:

I HIGHLY reccomend that ANY builder has a welder do a sample weld first.

If he gets all shitty about it .... " I aint doin' no free sample for you!" ,, pack up your shit and leave.

You guys work too hard on your conversions to let some doosh-bag ruin it for you....

Good lookin' welding= strong

Bad lookin' welding = shit

Its pretty simple, and true 90% of the time.
Duzy

Post by Duzy »

Wow Bob I didn't mean to piss u off :) I have seen some of his work on alloy hand rails. Miles of bead and they looked great. When I went in with the do more I had never really spent any time with the tool so I had a pretty good notch. When he filled it all in some spots needed two passes and it just looked weird with one bead here and two there. They weren't terrible looking but they just did not look right in relation to the rest of the bike. I should have took some photos of it before I got the die grinder out but I just made the decision to take it down and didn't look back. My fault on prep and my father dropped the frame off so he never was told to make it look pretty. I just assumed he would so once again my bad. I understand your point though.
04 500AFC
01 CR500
02 400 EX
HOT blonde
RIDE EM ALL... Scratch that only ride the wheeler and the girl right now!