ANOTHER DAMN GEAR OIL QUESTION! "WITH A DIFFERENCE"

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

origional bearings in my 01 motor;
crank, nachi japan.
gbox,ntn, japan

the aftermarket ones i got were ntn taiwan.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:been a while since i seen the honda bearings but seems like the ones in the tranny were toyo but i could be wrong, cant remeber what the crank bearings were. my ktm uses skf and ina.

Brit uses these..... exclusivly.....

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thestuz wrote:
100hp honda wrote:
thestuz wrote:....impossible to wear the bearings in 4months...
I seen a 250 honda with new oem bearings on the crank screwed in 4 motos, dude didnt pull the crank into the cases, just kinda squeezed everything in it with case bolts and side loaded them.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:
100hp honda wrote:been a while since i seen the honda bearings but seems like the ones in the tranny were toyo but i could be wrong, cant remeber what the crank bearings were. my ktm uses skf and ina.

Brit uses these..... exclusivly.....

I just rebuilt/resealed my stealth trans, its a getrag, every one of the bearings says FAG :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I bought aftermarket crank bearings once, they were boss bearings. I sucked some sand through a nessed up filter, immediately all the balls chipped into peices and left shards of bearing ball bouncing all over the inside of the motor. OEM honda or nothing :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote: just kinda squeezed everything in it with case bolts and side loaded them.
YUP..... good post Roosty.....
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:
thestuz wrote:
100hp honda wrote:
I seen a 250 honda with new oem bearings on the crank screwed in 4 motos, dude didnt pull the crank into the cases, just kinda squeezed everything in it with case bolts and side loaded them.
of course if the shaft is off center then it could wear them out. sounds like stuz may have a shaft off center somewhere. bearings should last ten years or more depending how you treat the bike. hell theres probly '86 models still running around on original bearings.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

100hp honda wrote:Bearings should last ten years or more depending how you treat the bike. hell theres probly '86 models still running around on original bearings.
My shortblock is 12 years old.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

well they prob wore out quicker cos of all the atraan oil crap floatin round.
i use heating/cooling techniques to get the bearings in,ruber mallet,block of wood to tap the cases together so the bearings arent getting sidewards thrust, i found out the gear selector drum part was rubbing against the rhs of the rhs crank case. its wore it down a bit so im betting thats where the shavings were coming from. the bearings i just took out werent totally shagged, just worn enough to warrant replacing. the smaller gearbox bearings tend to wear out the quickest. they were a little rough.the final drive and the clutch bearing were almost reusable, but gonna replace them all, fresh start.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.