Fuel Injection, latest and greatest?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

yes there is more power to be had,but ask yourself do you actaully need more power because unless your dragging or hill climbing or a dedicated dunes bike
if i did it it would be for throttle response, auto adjusting AFR, fuel mileage, and easy starting... in that order

there isnt anyone that wouldnt benefit from a crisper, more consistant running engine
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

your fuel milage will improve by about 6%,easy starting,hmm well be much the same as a well tuned carb,auto adjusting afr,not really mate the lambda will last maybe 2 hrs running correctly,he is using tps as his only load bearer,so dont be fooled by the other sensors eg map,throttle response will be up but will be absolute britincali to tune so its smooth,due to tps been load bearing.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

So is anyone else stepping up to run it? Any one hear anything from service honda on the matter?
B440

Post by B440 »

Looking through other posts from HGT on various forums, I would guess that HGT has a Service Honda bike and is prototyping a setup as I type this.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

B440 wrote:Looking through other posts from HGT on various forums, I would guess that HGT has a Service Honda bike and is prototyping a setup as I type this.
Great... new list price on a S/H is $21k dollars.

:roll:

Its a flippin' dirtbike.......
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i think its best to wait till theres a better system out there, these systems want 80 to 100 watts at idle to run, which is gonna need a massive flywheel to generate that much power, then a battery......

the oem cfr 450 stuff uses 17 watts..... i think theres a lot of room for improvement

once its refined a lot more i will be interested, maybe using oem crf 450 stuff is the answer, assuming you can make that big of a change in the programming
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

regardless of wheather or not hgt get one running the kit is fowl,its bulky ugly and dam right prehistoric looking,i beleive if the fi engineer of 31yrs who developed this system did have a service honda am sure it would be done right now. i mean arnt they marketed as a no fuss bolt on that anyone can do?interesting they are gonna have a ball ache sorting out the fuel map,besides that most bikes will need to be dynoed to sort this out,its a bit of a lead on and there marketing seems to be working good people seem to be beleiving it before its even done,i hope they do it i hope they get it running good,however it still is a fuel only set up which means you will have to run the fi kit plus your std ignition cdi set up plus a power source also,not that great in the refinement if you ask me,am looking at doing a kit,it will be for cr500 developed on a 500 with a pre dynoed fuel map,no hassles full tech backup, i will not release it if it will not be straight forward ,affordable and reliable.there is just so much hype out there at the moment with fi 2 stroke but not much is making it into fruition :? :? :? i wonder how many kicstarters hgt will break trying to get it to run and they wont tell anyone!!! i know this much the injectors in there kit are not even big enough to run a 500 at wot there duty cycle is at 100 percent at 60 percent throttle,like i say my system will be for a 500 simple,nothing else. :)