Gen III CR500 Build

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
scooter5002

AF frame

Post by scooter5002 »

Actually al probably got lucky. I had my frame modded and picked up by April 20th or so. I know my frame was a bit delayed 'cuz Knob at MPS said he was packing and shipping 3 bikes off to Oz. Maybe 1 of them was even al's. Glad he didn't have the heartache I did. Just a heads-up Rob, don't want you to have to deal with it either. I'm tossing my headstay right in the garbage and will use 1 of the designs I found on here.
RobC

Post by RobC »

Thanks, I am doing a (2002) gen 3 cr250 frame myself. Should be here by the end of the week.
alcrook26

Post by alcrook26 »

Scooter,
seems to be the problem with MPS. It could have been a fantastic build but nothing lined up properly. Had to cut and relocate or grind alot of the brackets. Still havnt taken it for a spin yet. Hopefully it will be ok.
scooter5002

Frame

Post by scooter5002 »

Same issues as mine al. There wasn't 1 thing that lined up. I had the frame home for a month before I even got a chance to start working on it, because I was so busy with work. Couldn't even get the motor to drop down in between the mounts and when I finally got it to go it was out of square by half the thickness of the swingarm bolt. Beauty! I was absolutely fucking OUTRAGED! Called him on his cel ph at 9 on a Friday night and let him have it. I live 200 miles away and he probably didn't need the ph to hear me. Then he has the balls to ask me what year my motor is. It's a 99. He says and I quote " You're motor is wrong" Ya, that's it asshole. Honda took my motor off the production line 'cuz it's bad, screwed up a frame to match it and sold it. Unfuckinbelievable. This was not the only issue George and I had, but that was certainly the meltdown after putting up with him. Really REALLY sad! Worst part is I didn't know about this site before I went to him, because I certainly wouldn't have.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: Frame

Post by AlisoBob »

scooter5002 wrote:I live 200 miles away and he probably didn't need the ph to hear me.
Thats pretty funny stuff...

Sorry to hear that your a MPS victim
cmotodad

Post by cmotodad »

I find it interesting a company putting engine mounts and misc. brackets on a frame, has difficulty making them line up. I have done 2 bikes with Solid Bro and both bikes have lined up perfectly. One is an 04 CR125, not the easiest to do. From the engine slideing right into place to the pipe and silencer mounts being spot on. Solid is definitely the way to go!
Last edited by cmotodad on December 21st, 2010, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

cmotodad wrote: Solid is definately the way to go!
Yup....
alcrook26

Post by alcrook26 »

Finally took the big girl out for a spin at the local motocross track. Bike went really well, i didnt really open it up but I could tell that I could ride the bike alot quicker with a bit of practice. The engine didnt really scare me even with my gearing. Really useable power, all the way around. I did notice myself fanning the clutch coming out of a corner, and then realised I wasnt on my 125 and just turned the throttle harder! Really good bike but unfortunately I think it has to go, so its now up for sale. Will probably build another in a few years once the kids grow up and I get some more time. Thanks for all the help from everyone. Al
alcrook26

Post by alcrook26 »

Hey, I held strong and kept the 500 away from the Mrs grasp. Didnt have to sell it in the long run. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has made some air box adapters. Mine is a bit of a rush job and I want to replace it. If anybody has some or is going to make some for crf450 Gen III Please let me know. Cheers