New Plane

Use some common sense ....
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

JBaze wrote:Heres a couple more, C-17 and I think a refueling plane? I'm not an airplane expert LOL

Go Green Tails!!!!! Bob, I have seen the anotonov (sp?). They were in Kuwait City both times I flew in....big friggen plane. I would like to fart around with their motors....quite curious about the rusky engine's.....heard they were unreliable and low time.
Last edited by Rosco-Peeko on March 30th, 2010, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Fat Albert of the Navy's Blue Angels team using JATO (Jet assisted take off) packs for take off.

sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Here is sweet video of a C-130 Hercules dropping flares. They are used to divert heat seeking missles by making them chase a higher heat signature. A single flare can burn through 7 feet of concrete.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in5tMZzT ... re=related[/youtube]
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Take off and landing off of a naval carrier. no arresting hook like the fighters. simple feathering of the props for take-off and Landing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjNyQvhs ... re=related[/youtube]
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Here is the Anatov AN-225 you can see the size of this monster @30 seconds when you can see a Boeing 757-200 in the baground.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dp9JjuJbZ0&feature=fvw[/youtube]
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Heres the other one I was talking about:

JBaze

Post by JBaze »

A better shot of the C-17:

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

P-3 Orion dropin' a sono-buoy.

That tail cone reels out a antenna cable a few MILES long.

This is one , bad, sub huntin' plane.....

They also make good Fire Bombers....
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

My neighbor works out at the field during fire season, filling the fire bombers up with chemical retardant. Cool, just was curious what it was. You can hear it over there when it taxis. Those props make a little noise!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

The C-17 from my last deployment to Kuwait:

Morning launch, you can see the Aircraft Commander doing his walk around:

Packed fulla bullets, rockets and mortars.....heading to Afghanistan:

The sun here (big red) will fooq you up. Drink as much water as you can!

Loading up the hummers and heading to "The Suck":

A somewhat tranquil morning...waiting for an inbound jet. It was still over 100 degree's outside. Mid-day with APU's running and the heat radiating off the ramp it would hit upwards of 140.

One more day down.....only 110 more to go...

I have a vid of me doing a power engine run....shaking the shit out of the jet running up the inboards....I'll hold off on posting it.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

That is some wild shit Rob! 140? you guys just cook out on the tarmac
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

JBaze wrote:That is some wild shit Rob! 140? you guys just cook out on the tarmac
After a while...it doesn't matter...its all friggin hot. Your body does get use to it...strange enough. We hit the 140's a few times...what is scarey is you drink water as fast and as much as you can but you stop pissing...you sweat it out as fast as you drink it.

This past trip, I had to take a guy to the clinic because he was dehydrated...nausea....headache...lightheaded. His statement, "I've been drinking gaterade." Water is your friend...he took 3 bags (IV) before he was somewhat better. It was only 120-something out...plus he downed a monster previously.
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:
JBaze wrote:That is some wild shit Rob! 140? you guys just cook out on the tarmac
After a while...it doesn't matter...its all friggin hot. Your body does get use to it...strange enough. We hit the 140's a few times...what is scarey is you drink water as fast and as much as you can but you stop pissing...you sweat it out as fast as you drink it.

This past trip, I had to take a guy to the clinic because he was dehydrated...nausea....headache...lightheaded. His statement, "I've been drinking gaterade." Water is your friend...he took 3 bags (IV) before he was somewhat better. It was only 120-something out...plus he downed a monster previously.
It is fukin hot but you get used to it. Cargo's and bombers start APU (auxiliary power units) and fighters use a JFS (jet fuel starter) mini turbine engines used to produce initial hydraulic power and start the main engine via a PTO shaft. During start on F-16s we have to stand by the JFS exhaust which is a few hundred degrees. even bein 10 ft back the heat takes your breath away. and when you launch up a sortie with 12-20 acft, it sucks for about 45 mins until they taxi away. We brought a digital thermomator during launches one day and reached 160 degrees for a short period until the got cleared to taxi. the real fun begins when they land and we have to "shoot the tube." After EVERY flight we had to crawl up the intake and inspect every single rotor and stator, pitot tube etc. Imagine climbing in your engine as soon as you shut it off. the reason is for FOD (foriegn Objects). one inch of safety wire can put one of those big engines out of commission. after that you have to jump in the exhaust and inspect everything again. But it is a fun ass job!!!

Rosco, What do you do for the military?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

sugarshane wrote:
Rosco-Peeko wrote:

Rosco, What do you do for the military?
19 years (and counting) as a Jet Engine Mechanic. C-17 (F117), F-16 (F110-100/129), B-2 (F118), B1B (F101), T-38 (J85 beer can), A-10 (TF-34) and F-22 (F119)....I was also the first and only GI to crew chief the GE F110-132 @ Edwards. Very impressive motor! It belonged to the UAE.....bastages. There is my resume.....
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

So in other words, you just stand around with your dick in your hand? ! LOL just playin! You guys are awesome, to me sounds like a job someone that rides 500's would have.....proud to know you, Thanks again! I'll be bringin something special for you at our little ride Rob.....homemade, and you drink it! Again , Thank you
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

JBaze wrote:So in other words, you just stand around with your dick in your hand?
Once a day and twice on Sundays...
I'll be bringin something special for you at our little ride Rob.....homemade, and you drink it! Again , Thank you
No thank you! :buddies:
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

So like you military guys dont like good old American moonshine!? LOL!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

JBaze wrote:So like you military guys dont like good old American moonshine!? LOL!
I'll try it as long as my liver doesn't slap me afterwards. :lol: If you're making it I'll have some with ya.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

KC135's are nothing more than a Boeing 707. I believe there E models?
Sooner or later the 767's will replace those.

Currently finishing up C-17 ship 227. I just got out of the Bildge.

India has placed an order for 10 and Options for 10 more but I know how that goes, there making parts for all 20. Job security, gota love it. :lol:
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

iggys-amsoil wrote:KC135's are nothing more than a Boeing 707. I believe there E models?
Sooner or later the 767's will replace those.

Currently finishing up C-17 ship 227. I just got out of the Bildge.

India has placed an order for 10 and Options for 10 more but I know how that goes, there making parts for all 20. Job security, gota love it. :lol:
umm, negative.... first off KC= Tanker so it would definitely be something more. A whole lot more.... like a boom and extra fuel capacity and set up for cargo so the entire fuselage would have a different structure. eliminate those minor factors and set it up for passengers and you would have a Boeing -80 (dash 80). The 707 was released after KC135, and it is wider and longer than the tanker. although the general overall design of the view is very similar.
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

JBaze wrote:So like you military guys dont like good old American moonshine!? LOL!
too bad for Jbaze, he has never experienced hanging out with a bunch of fighter Crew Chiefs. We will drink JP8+100 (fuel) if we run out of alcohol lol. After all, every morning we get the jets ready to fly we are around the LOX (99.9% pure or more liquid oxygen) and just put the breather hose to the mouth and hit the test button. Instantly sober and no hang over.

Rosco, enlighten the guy on the flightline way lol.

I have always wanted to see a 132! Is it the typical GE performance and reliability? Just obviously on a higher scale or does it excel in other ways? I hated the Pratts. only nice thing is installing them cuz they slide in with a lot more clearance. although big engines in tight spaces doesn't hinder a hoon lol.
sugarshane

Post by sugarshane »

I have a vid of me doing a power engine run....shaking the shit out of the jet running up the inboards....I'll hold off on posting it.[/quote]

Let me know how to post videos. I have a video of my doing a full burner run in a hush house. We made one on the trim pad but everything was shaking so bad that it got blury. :cry:
Last edited by sugarshane on March 31st, 2010, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

sugarshane wrote: I have always wanted to see a 132! Is it the typical GE performance and reliability? Just obviously on a higher scale or does it excel in other ways? I hated the Pratts. only nice thing is installing them cuz they slide in with a lot more clearance. although big engines in tight spaces doesn't hinder a hoon lol.
The GE guys rolled it (132) in and we put it in a cypher-locked room where we worked the 118's out of the B-2. It was an amazing engine. Fan ducts were carbon fiber...Fan and core were solid one piece (Blisk).

I did the scope inspection. The stators looked like boomerangs (3D-Aero design). It was pretty far out. Funny thing, we had zero technical data. It looks like a 129, but radically improved. Air Force didn't buy it.....quite a shame. They were testing it at Edwards for the UAE.

I am a GE guy by trade. Not a big fan of Crap and Shitney (Pratt and Whitney)....they nickel and dime shit to death and it shows in their products. General Electric is far superior and is a real mechanics motor.

However, I did work the 119....out of the F-22. That is a pretty decent motor...freaking beast too. Funny thing....it looks a lot like a GE. :roll:

I would not post any vid's.....protect yourself hoss. Not from these guys or myself...but other prying eyes. Wrong person see's it.....enough said. :wink:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Blended wing body testing.

The X-48B takes off during its 79th test flight on March 17, 2010 at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. (NASA photo)
With 80th flight, X-48B successfully completes flight testing.

JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Finally got the EA-6B: