Wont start

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
John

Post by John »

britincali wrote:Does your bike run well when it fires up? Im beginning to think you have a toast crank seal...
it sputters a little bit when cold, needs to be ran hard through a few gears and by 5th gear it runs like a champ. before then when you get on it, it wont rev out high. but it defitanly runs awsome once its warmed up. and when it doesnt flood it ussually starts up 1st good kick
britincali

Post by britincali »

Go to the bike shop and spend $40 on a new clutchside crank seal and collar, it will take you 1hr going slow to replace it. From the description you just gave it sounds like thats your issue.

Ive had 2 go bad on me and both times it was a hard start situation and then not cleaning out until 4 th or 5th, and generally running like crap in the lower gears or while putting.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
John

Post by John »

would that also be the same seal that makes the trans oil mix with the coolant? im not sure if mines mixing or not yet, i havent changed any of the fluids yet, but i will tommorow. it sounds like thats the problem though

where can i buy the seal online? i try to only go the only bike shop in town when i need a part soon or for 927 or spark plugs. they have screwed me over on the past overcharging for simple things like chainging a tube, then they say oh well this needed a little work, and that needed tighting, and i wind up paying $100 more than what the bill was supposed to be
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

John try these guys they are cheaper and have better communication than Service Honda
http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/default.asp
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

sabreguy wrote:John try these guys they are cheaper and have better communication than Service Honda
WOW, hater in the house! :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

My mexcanic said It looks like I blew a seal, I said no, that's just ice cream :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Ported&Polished wrote:
sabreguy wrote:John try these guys they are cheaper and have better communication than Service Honda
WOW, hater in the house! :lol:
:lol: Nah no hating just telling it like it is bra!! :lol: :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!