Good News Regarding the S/H Ignitions.... MkII

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I agree with you dudes.
:applaud: :birthday: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :birthday: :applaud:
I don't know, I could be wrong. Here in Australia we have what is known as CR500E, basically its a 2001 CR500 out fitted as a 2stroke enduro bike
complete with lights.
They were sold here in 2002 /2003 until all were sold, I don't know if you had them in America. I was told Honda Australia bought the last 200 or so left and made them the CR500E by adding lights, kick stand and detuning the engine.
The lighting system looks like it could be an add on to what is already there, The ignition cover has a small dome central to the flywheel sticking out further than the rest of the cover.
Indicating that it could be added to the existing 2001 CR500 ignition, if so you would need to buy both ignition and cover.
Shit after all that I hope you are still with me and at least under stood some of that crap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe an AUSSIE that knows for sure can step in here and help out, as I have only looked at one of these bike breifly and have never pulled one
apart :roll:
I hope this is going to be of help to who ever Im replying to, forgot who asked the question in the first place because this took so long to type. :lmao:
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

CR500R7 wrote:I agree with you dudes.
:applaud: :birthday: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :birthday: :applaud:
I don't know, I could be wrong. Here in Australia we have what is known as CR500E, basically its a 2001 CR500 out fitted as a 2stroke enduro bike
complete with lights.
They were sold here in 2002 /2003 until all were sold, I don't know if you had them in America. I was told Honda Australia bought the last 200 or so left and made them the CR500E by adding lights, kick stand and detuning the engine.
The lighting system looks like it could be an add on to what is already there, The ignition cover has a small dome central to the flywheel sticking out further than the rest of the cover.
Indicating that it could be added to the existing 2001 CR500 ignition, if so you would need to buy both ignition and cover.
Shit after all that I hope you are still with me and at least under stood some of that crap. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe an AUSSIE that knows for sure can step in here and help out, as I have only looked at one of these bike breifly and have never pulled one
apart :roll:
I hope this is going to be of help to who ever Im replying to, forgot who asked the question in the first place because this took so long to type. :lmao:
Roostmaster Scott outta Darwin NT has the 2002 model, basically an E-Line set up. The motors were never de-tuned, just the flywheel is huge as all get out to run the electric.

The goal is this

Put together a simple and reliable system that puts out enough power so if'n ya feel like pullin the horse out the damn barn at 2am or whatever, you can do so with confidence.

I don't know bout everone else, but I really don't need a super world beater digital ignition, I don't want to add some big ass flywheel/cover and a bunch of shit that cost an upwards of $400-500.

Simple

Reliable

Bolt it on, hook it up, start it up, presto.....................Let there be light.

Its in the works
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
Wheelie-Gene

Post by Wheelie-Gene »

bigpower wrote:
The goal is this

Put together a simple and reliable system that puts out enough power so if'n ya feel like pullin the horse out the damn barn at 2am or whatever, you can do so with confidence.

I don't know bout everone else, but I really don't need a super world beater digital ignition, I don't want to add some big ass flywheel/cover and a bunch of shit that cost an upwards of $400-500.

Simple

Reliable

Bolt it on, hook it up, start it up, presto.....................Let there be light.

Its in the works
All the cattle and horses that I come upon run for their lives. Maybe it's the sound of the pinger that scares the shit outta them. :lol:

I have the same thoughts. I need lighting, but not huge output...but not a rinky-dink system either. I'll run LED tail, stop, and blinkers for less draw. That means I need a rectifier/battery system (more shit to deal with).
I have parts coming on UPS Tuesday (shit, that's tomorrow) to hopefully assemble a 150 watt system. If I pulled the correct specs on the parts, the flywheel will fit behind the stock cover. Not sure about the wiring matching up to my 500's harness. So there'll be soldering/heat shrinking involved also.
I've noticed too that even though a 125/250 flywheel will fit the 500, the timing tab is out of synch. I'll have to break out the degree wheel and verify the ignition timing.

I had plans to have the bike running in 2 or 3 weeks and now I added another cluster-fuck to deal with.
2nd gen SSS street hooligan
83 CR480
83 XL600
97 VFR750
Kawasaki H1-F
Suzuki Titan
HondaHarley
83 CB1100F
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

According to what I was told, the exhaust had a restrictor fitted inside, basically a large washer and I think something was also put on the carb side.
I can't remember exactly what was done because it was 7 years ago.
I WAS TOLD 29 HP WHICH INDICATES DETUNING.
SORRY ABOUT BIG LETTERS KEY BOARD STUCK. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Wheelie-Gene wrote:All the cattle and horses that I come upon run for their lives. Maybe it's the sound of the pinger that scares the shit outta them. :lol:
its all environment, not that you cant get ours running, but they hear bikes for hours everyday at the track and just mope arround filling their guts.
a stranger'd likely get closer on a bike than on foot