Anybody ever thought about doing a RM 250 CR500

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
MICK

Post by MICK »

I don't know what the magazines say about Suzuki's these days, I don't read them anymore. But I've always really enjoyed riding them and thought they handled better than any other steel framed bike and a good deal better than Gen 1 Honda's. I thought the Gen 1 was a step backwards actually. It made the 250 feel like a 500 IMO. I rode an '06 RM250 back to back with my bike last week and the two felt very much alike. We each agreed my bike does handle better than his 250, the well balanced MX-Tech suspension was probably the tie breaker. Had the RM's suspension worked as good I don't know if we could have singled either bike out as being better than the other. A frame doesn't have to be made of aluminum to work well. If for some reason I had a RM sitting in my garage next to a steelie 500, I'd build an RM500 in a heart beat.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

IF i had an RM chassis i would do the same thing...but the thing is i'm a CR-only type guy...and honestly i think those RM bikes are ugly as shit and i would never opt to do this conversion over an actual honda conversion...but by all means if it's your favorite type chassis then be my guest, i just don't think you will have anything near as nice as some of the honda conversions...the new 4stroke RMZ chassis is sick though, someone should do that conversion...
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

A RM Chasses is much more flexy and to a pro on a torn up track inferior to a CR Aluma tub.
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

Slow old Fart wrote:A RM Chasses is much more flexy and to a pro on a torn up track inferior to a CR Aluma tub.
What are you saying you like the 97 AF best? :D
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Slow old Fart wrote:A RM Chasses is much more flexy and to a pro on a torn up track inferior to a CR Aluma tub.
Oh fuck here we go again! Which Pro would that be?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

teemtrubble wrote:
ME!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Slow old Fart wrote:
teemtrubble wrote:
ME!
Hahahahahaha! That was dumb question :oops:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!