Worst breakdown ever!?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm with Bob, the cylinder doesn't even look that scored up for that kind of granade going off in there. One of my bro's lost the corner of the skirt and it locked up and blew out the bottom of the case...I own that motor now. Not buying it.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

It's just a flesh wound.
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

I am not saying one way or another on the validity of this grenade... But I did something similar a few years ago.

Back when I used to drag race snowmobiles, we built a single cylinder test mule to develop porting and race pipes. It was a lot cheaper than destroying my 1000cc 3cyl engine. After we got all the dyno and flow bench info that we could from the 1 banger, we started playing with nitrous. Geed (and beer) got the best of us, and I sprayed 100hp worth of sauce at it running 9700rpm... It took it for almost 5 seconds.... then BANG. Took it apart and it looked just like the pictures of this 500.

The piston broke the skirt off at the ring land and literally flipped the piston over facing the exhaust port. The rod and piston then separated and the inertia of the crank kept the rod spinning a few seconds pulverizing the piston into bits..
krokodilen

Post by krokodilen »

Yupp and as everybody can see this piston ring doesn´t come from a CR500 ,,,too many curves! I belive it´s from a Yamaha PW80!:lol:

Well it is not my bike and I haven´t seen anything like this before.

/Christer