ill be the guinee pig

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Ok as far as dynos go which I have very little experiance, I have seen dyno runs with bikes and they are verry hard to do accuratly because even if you have a road bike tire on they tend to slip. I Know packerd has a dyno 100hp. I myself just want to beat the other guy up sand mountain UT. I dont care what the dyno says I just want it to rule.
lots of power is never enough
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

well i really wanna see the gains/losses over a fmf vs pc vs std
with 250 / 500 ignitions.

the seat of your pants feel is very misleading. more so than a dyno graph.
if we can get a fixed price/ball park figure then we know how short of funds we are.we got three that are prepared to chip in already,anyothers?

bob?
brit?
danny?
lewisclan?
casey?
ridered?
ported/polished?
r1yfz?
pstoffers?
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

put your money where you mouth is gents. lets end this debate once and for all..

"BANNED HOON DYNO DAY 2010"

lets pick a bike and bolt on a shitload of parts, dyno each part on the same day same bike same dyno. the info to the community will be great, and make a few thumper lovers cry.

I havent been to the dyno in a while but im sure if we offered a tuner enough $$ we could rent the thing our for the day and have our way.

14 pages of BS lets get down to biz.

I will up my previous 100$ and will throw 250$ in the pot to start with.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

MFDB used to work at "racers edge" here and could probably do dyno runs for free, or at minimal cost. his bike would porbably be the best candidate since it is almost stock, just a shaved head and pwk, but otherwise stock.
I have a pile of pipes, but no CPI or GSS to help with this debate. the other issue is the lack of an o-ring manifold, we wont have time to let the silicone set, so if someone has an o-ring manifold we could borrow, that could work.
BTW, its a dynojunk
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

i just happen to have an o ring manifold from "atomicdog" or whatever his name is. pos but it will work.
britincali

Post by britincali »

Im always up for a dyno day :D :D :D :D
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

jesus kdizzle, you are keen! im gonna up my offering too if we fall short, lets just see how many hoons come to the party first.

danny, when i seal my pipe to the manifold, i use the normal exhaust flange but i get rubber orings any put one on first. then you seal your pipe up with rtv glue,put 4 springs on(cross the bottom two over for more tension) and the springs pull the pipe tightly onto the rubber ring. this alone creates a good seal.
it leaks on start up but vibrates its self into position and no leaks.

for the purpose of this quick dyno, you could just use a one of these seals as it should do the trick adequatly.however i have never tried one of these seals alone without rtv but id be pretty confident it would work.

do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

kdizzle wrote:i just happen to have an o ring manifold from "atomicdog" or whatever his name is. pos but it will work.
you got this post in before i could reply.
oring manifold will be sweet :dance:
just as long as we bring a spare o ring or two incase!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
r1yfz

Post by r1yfz »

dannygraves wrote:MFDB used to work at "racers edge" here and could probably do dyno runs for free, or at minimal cost. his bike would porbably be the best candidate since it is almost stock, just a shaved head and pwk, but otherwise stock.
I have a pile of pipes, but no CPI or GSS to help with this debate. the other issue is the lack of an o-ring manifold, we wont have time to let the silicone set, so if someone has an o-ring manifold we could borrow, that could work.
BTW, its a dynojunk
I can prob. also get us hooked up with "racers edge of arizona" my builder does alot ALOT of work with those guys... He's actually the owners friend.

I bet i could get Daniel from outlawinnovations.com to do the dyno pulls and help with the pipe swaping, he is also a very good tuner and has full access to the RE dyno
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I have a pipe
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

glen howell wrote:NO the exhaust is 210 with the bridge taken completly out
glen if you raise the exhaust to 200, the natural angle at which the sides rise outwards puts the top of the exhaust at virtually 100% of the bore width, without that bridge those rings we be fukked the first time you tried to kick start it.

the head clearence is 40 there is 4 more ports than the race
4 more ports ? im not understanding why or where you would put these ports.
I weld up the transfers and open them up to 180
this makes no sense at all. glen do you understand how much 180* is ?
then I have a pipe that is so big it just barley misses the front wheel with the first defuser and it has a 10 ' diameter center chamber with a 18 '' 1' stinger going into the muffler that I make for the big pipe

1" seems small. fmf is 1-1/8" if i recall correct. i believe 500cc drag pipes are 1-1/4"
I will take some pictures later .glen
sweet :cool:
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

HES BEEN DOIN IT FOR 30 YEARS MAN. LET HIM GO.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

oh sorry :oops: :lol:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

when you remove the bridge, you oval it out, so at over 200* it would be pretty narrow at top. I know that 2 of the ports would be boost ports drilled at the intake, not really sure where the other 2 would go.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

but your right, photos would be sweeeeeet! :cool:

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

danny i understand the 2 ports that he drills but he said he puts in 4 more for a total of 6. where ? why ?
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

after all, when you chamfer back the bridge, you are effectively removing it from contact with the rings....kinda.

i think i saw one of glens port jobs with the bridge removed and polished to a mirror.looked real nice!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

thestuz wrote:after all, when you chamfer back the bridge, you are effectively removing it from contact with the rings....kinda.
the bridge is chamfered back because at operating temp it swells out to normal size. the rings then do contact it and use it for support as to not snag the port roof.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

-Jake

glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Sorry ,I mistated on drag engine only 2 more than race engine total of 4 only,on the 210 it gets into water jackets we weld up and remachine and polish.Sorry for the pictures being fuzzy my camera is not working it's best .I just guess I'm just a sorry fuzzy guy.Glen
[imgImage][/img]Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Last edited by glen howell on December 29th, 2009, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

shit, 65 per hour? looks like weve found a winner! he might even do discount if we get a few hours,says he "does events".shit, thats not even $200 for 3 hours lol.
looks like "BANNED HOON DYNOTUNE 2010" is underway lol

is it local for you guys?
Last edited by thestuz on December 29th, 2009, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

100hp honda wrote:
thestuz wrote:after all, when you chamfer back the bridge, you are effectively removing it from contact with the rings....kinda.
the bridge is chamfered back because at operating temp it swells out to normal size. the rings then do contact it and use it for support as to not snag the port roof.
look at thin factory honda job. it looks like the bridge is grinded back so the rings wont even touch it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/ ... C01051.jpg

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

ps, nice looking pipe glen :cool:

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
britincali

Post by britincali »

thestuz wrote:ps, nice looking pipe glen :cool:

Fuk yea :cool:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool