ill be the guinee pig

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

CR500R7 wrote:Actually 100hp honda is SOF dressed in drag. :D
YOUR BACK :woot:
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

id like to see a few pipes go through the dyno. fmf, pc, glens, but on the same motor so its accurate. personally, i think the fmf would show them up. not for peak hp but for torque all over.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I've got like 5 different pipes, I should take mine and dyno it with each pipe, PC, OEM, FMF OOOLLDDD gold series, FMF fatty, and a modified gnarly that dewayne modded.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I'm supposd to get on the dyno this winter, we'll see if i have time, i've got a fatty, pc, gnarly, and stock, and chads balooned dewayne gnarly too
f'n dyno is 3 miles away and he wants to do it, i just havent had time
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

when you fit the pipes, just use a o ring over the exhaust flange. this will give a adequate seal without all the need to let glue set and seala pretty goog for a good dyno. i just use orings from work.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

a gss and cpi pipe would be nice too if anyones got one floating around.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

dannygraves wrote:BTW Kdizzle, nice dog. I couldn't bring myself to crop either of my dogs ears, so they have the big floppies. "blame the deed, not the breed!"right?
Yea he is even bigger now :twisted: :twisted: For the big males, I like em to be cut ;) but make no mistake when i get a female she will keep hers for me to pet :)

I too would like to see some dyno sheets from the bulders as well. IT would be nice to know what powerband we are getting when we order full race or trail, might help for carb tuning as well.

Merry Christmas Hoons have a cold one on me

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I've got a male and a female. my male is around 80lbs and all muscle, but only as high as my knee to his head. We've had issues in the neighborhood with him, he is whole and doesn't like other whole males... the last time he grabbed the neighbors german shepherd by his face and dragged him around the driveway. I had to get him a muzzle and his snout measures 11"

mmm pale ale :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Re: For what it's worth

Post by britincali »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:that topend is the fault of whoever assembled it, its up to you to check and see that you have piston to head clearence, it

Absolutly 100% true, glen told me to check the head clearence and I dint.

But.........

The contact was caused from the new squish being machined about 3mm off center, when you put a head gasket up to the head you can see the overlap.

The pic was taken after the original piston from 100hp was found to be cracked and after I had sent the top end to glen to be checked out (new piston installed) that pic was taken after roughly 20gal of C12, 3 blown headgaskets and 20lb of nitrous through it.

I fixed the squish issue myself. I also ended up spending 4 hrs with a piece of glass and sandpaper cleaning up the machine marks on the head/cyl and now have zero headgasket issues (40lb of juice and numers overheats later)
I told Brit at the time he first showed that picture.That if he thought I did something wrong to contact me .I have more money ,more equip,more parts,And anything to make him happy,I offered at no charge to him even tho it was a second hand deal,At no charge to him and I still offer him the same gesture.

Glen I contacted you about the headgasket issue multiple times and thats was when I decided to sent the motor to you to have the head drilled for the 10mm studs and a fresh piston/rings. I dint notice the piston-head contact untill it blew yet another headgasket.

Not once did you offer to fix the issue no charge thats the reason im still running that dented piston, Ive been broke as a joke this past year due to the shitty econamy and am making roughly 25% of what I used to, im also a completly cheap fuk, do you really think I wouln't take you up on a gratis fix?????????

Please don't make stuff up as theres nothing I hate more than lies.

Personally I think the main reason this motor never performed as it should is the location of the exhaust side cooling holes, they are visible through the exhaust port, in my uneducated mind I think its blowing fuel-air and power out the exhaust. But those holes have also stopped me from melting shit multiple times.

I really dint want this to come up as I really like you, your a cool old wrench in my mind and there aint many hi test guys like you around anymore.

And bob I jet my shit once, I run the main up untill it blubbers then back it off 5 sizes. It aint failed me yet.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

AlisoBob wrote:Brits bike prolly' dosent even get "full throttle".....

:roll:

Even if im getting 1/16th throttle it still spanks your AF up and down in the sand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Brit I thought you drilled the head for the oversized 10mm studs yourself.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Nope had glen do it along with a new piston/rings/rebore/trued up head and jug.

I thought the head was warped and blowing the gasket and in 4 times replacing the gasket never noticed the piston smashing the fuk out of the head.

The big studs were a fix for a non exsistant cause....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on December 24th, 2009, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

BUT THE DYNO SHOOTOUT IS STILL ON RIGHT??? :D

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

thestuz wrote:BUT THE DYNO SHOOTOUT IS STILL ON RIGHT??? :D
LMFAO!!!
is this the replacement for Jay's "I need more power!"?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I think the best way to sum up this whole thread is "One size, DOES NOT FIT ALL"

Build it to suit the riding you do, when the guy asks you about the riding that you do, "DON'T FRIGGIN LIE" that way he can build an engine that will suit your riding style and ability. :roll:

Also remember an engine is a total package, the best single components don't make the best engine, The best engine package to suit your needs makes the BEST ENGINE to suit YOUR NEEDS!

There is no magic formula for all situations PERIOD!
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

:D :D :D

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:lol: You are a funny boy. :lol:
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
britincali

Post by britincali »

glen howell wrote:Chris, You no people go to hell for lying as well as steeling I never drilled your head for the larger studs and you know that

Holy shit glen :jawdrop:

Im gonna put that one down to being old. :nono:
Last edited by britincali on December 23rd, 2009, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

glen howell wrote:I can make you happy I will send you a Brand New Honda Head And a Brand new wiseco piston not drilled you can do that youself,with a set of new top end gaskets AS I said all along all you had to say was you thought I did something wrong. You will rec. them as soon as I can box them up and UPS them to you. No questions asked. I have to no the size piston your running now let me know ,

Thanks for the offer but im cool

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
RideRed

Post by RideRed »

How did this thread go from 100hp honda getting a CPI.....to Brit v.s. Glen? :roll:
britincali

Post by britincali »

No idea and I wish it hadnt :(

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

who cares, break out the "DYNO-WAR" lol :D

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

r1yfz wrote:i take that as a NO your not going to dyno any of your pipes?
glen will never post a dyno of his pipes or motor becuase they just dont produce the numbers and he knows it, although i heard from several people he has a dyno right in his garage, you would assume he must have logged hundreds of dyno pulls between his pipe and a fmf, so you would think he must have the papers laying around he could post ? a pipe shop and a dyno machine go hand in hand, they use computer software to get them in the ballpark then use a dyno to get everything perfect. glen has been called out before on this site regarding his pipes and he tap danced around and snuck out the back door so he could avoid the heat.

ill leave you folks with a little bedtime story: about 3.5 years ago i got talking with alittle bird :lol:, some of you may have also heard this story, anyways this little bird said that a few of glens customers had contacted pete loomis in regards to "fixing" some cylinders that wouldnt run very well because glen butchered the ports. these said customers were told basically the cylinders were hacked up too much and it would be easier to trash them and start with a new cylinder. this was first hand information from one of the parties involved.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I hope you guys are happy with the outcome that you have achieved. :roll:

Not sure what I'm talking about?

Take a lot around this forum / site and see what you can notice.

First, A.J / Service Honda
Second, Mike / TTM
Third, GSS / Glen Howell

So who's next?

Keep this shit up we won't have anyone left. :( :?
Jack Schitt
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD