2003, Gen 3 A/F. Billy / Ported & Polished Joint Effort

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I see that Billy, and I am going to put on the Protapers I just got, they are filled with silicone. And I am going to get a pair of the grips Steve, I liked them when I rode your bike. :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

ShanMan wrote:you might want to consider going with a two-piece head stay. Several of the guys on this site claim it helps control vibration quite a bit. Let me know if you are interested...we could probably whip something up pretty quickly to give it a try.
If you decide to make them, I'd be interested in trying them. My bike vibrates like a paint shaker. :shock:
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I'll make them if I get paid orders.....no money in the budget right now to create inventory....same goes for engine cases...assuming I can get some loner samples.

Anyway, the headstay design could be twin machined aluminum ones or the steel version, which I think will be best:

CR500AC widget maker
Ported&Polished

pimp559 wrote:Got any pics of the hose routing from the rad mod?
Here you go. Image
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

ShanMan wrote:I'll make them if I get paid orders.....no money in the budget right now to create inventory....same goes for engine cases...assuming I can get some loner samples.

Anyway, the headstay design could be twin machined aluminum ones or the steel version, which I think will be best:

Shanman, how much do you need to get started on the Gen 3 headstays? I might be willing to front you the money to run a line of them. I need two sets right now. Seems like a steel version would be thinner and stiffer. Let me know.
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

I'll cost them tomorrow and ley you know.
CR500AC widget maker
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Ported&Polished wrote:
pimp559 wrote:Got any pics of the hose routing from the rad mod?
Here you go. Image
Thanks. I really was wanting to see how close the exit spout was to your pipe. The first pic with the hose clamp, how close is the hose to the pipe?
Member #1 Obama haters club (join below)
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... highlight=

If it ain't a CR500, your not worthy!!!
Friends don't let friends ride steelies!

Parenthood is a controlled state of insanity!!!!
Ported&Polished

Don't Clyde it, ride it!
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

Ported&Polished wrote:Image
BINGO! Thats what I was looking for. How much clearence do you have between the pipe and the hose? MIne touches a little becasue I have a 1" spout and I'm not sure how I'm gonna fix this yet. I'm thinking about denting the pipe or having a little more tube welded at an angle to the spout. :?:

iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

You could put a pipe, thats nearly the same diameter in there and gently bend it towards the frame. The stuff is pretty soft.
pimp559

Post by pimp559 »

iggys-amsoil wrote:You could put a pipe, thats nearly the same diameter in there and gently bend it towards the frame. The stuff is pretty soft.
Thats a great idea Iggy. The only problem is my welder has a 1 hour minumum at $64 an hour. I was also looking for a cheap fix. Maybe I could get a 3/4" threaded collar about an inch long and cut some threads into the spout? I wonder if Bob's magic tape would work on this? I have no budget right now, I blew my cash on engine rebuild parts. I pick up my Cylinder from the shop today. I can't believe this motor (1992) was on its first piston (stock bore). :D

2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

Shanman, any word on headstay pricing?
Ported&Polished

Changed the forks out tonight. I put on my Marzocchis to see how they feel. They use a different axle and spacer, but otherwise bolt up perfect.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Ok I just put a puke bottle on the machine and used disstilled water and Watter Wetter, hope it runs cool now. Gonna take it for a test spin shortly when the temps come up a bit. I also discovered that my tire gauge I was using is goofed up because I had like 30 psi in the front tire! No wonder the front end was harsh, but these Marzocchis do feel softer just pushing on them.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

Ported&Polished wrote:Changed the forks out tonight. I put on my Marzocchis to see how they feel. They use a different axle and spacer, but otherwise bolt up perfect.
What axle do they use? How do they feel?
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
Ported&Polished

Well, the stock forks have a inward off set mount that uses that red spacer and the axle that was in them. The Marzocchis are straight forward and centered at the mounts so they needed a longer axle. So I went into the tubs I got from you and there was a axle and nut in there. Tried it, and it fit perfect! It's probly the stock cr500 axle.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Ported&Polished

Oh and I only rode them for a few minutes in the sand wash but they do feel different. I will test ride them better soon, I'm down for the count right now with some kind of infection, blah.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

2weelz wrote:Shanman, any word on headstay pricing?
I should have a cost no later than Friday AM...sorry for the delay. really hectic here right now. :shock:
CR500AC widget maker
Ported&Polished

I rode the bike with the new forks today, very nice. I also took a couple pics of the polished frame for the blingsters.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!