Science question

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You really think we went to the moon????

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:? :?
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
ellett

Post by ellett »

britincali wrote:No.... the one he throws out the back will be moving forward due to the speed of the plane and will probably arc for awhile before dropping so the one from the gun will hit the ground first.
OK, now I know you're just jerking around..... Let's see how long it takes dansyerman to figure it out, though.
britincali

Post by britincali »

New question...

If ellets wife buys him a perfectly good four stroke dirbike as a gift, how long will it take pegleg to rip out said perfectly good four stroke and replace it with a two stroke that is going to beat the fuk out of him and ruin his lap times?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

ASAP! :wink:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If the fucking Canadians beat us to the moon.......
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

"jesus h christ in a chicken-basket" :rotfl:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ellett

Post by ellett »

britincali wrote:New question...

If ellets wife buys him a perfectly good four stroke dirbike as a gift, how long will it take pegleg to rip out said perfectly good four stroke and replace it with a two stroke that is going to beat the fuk out of him and ruin his lap times?
:evil:

Sooo, when are you heading back to England? Post up your PayPal info and we'll see if we can raise a few scheckles for you. Or seashells or shiny rocks or whatever they use for money over there.
britincali

Post by britincali »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
mat93

Post by mat93 »

britincali wrote:New question...

would it be as fast as the speed of light
which is as fast as an electron and therefore
as fast as a cr500 :cool: ?
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

I was going to post an intelligent reply condensing RR's post down to something dimwits could comprehend. Problem is the farther I read the worse it got. Study basic physics, like the shit you should of learned in high school and the bullet problem is answered. Even basic addition and subtraction will yield the correct values. All you need to know is Quantum is the closest thing to prove Voodoo magic the developed world has managed to conjure up. Faster than light is possible but it has some really weird things attached it. One of the things that cannot be attached to faster than light is a physical body, but it effects all physical bodies if that makes any sense. Its a complex scientific system but at the same time we live in it and manipulate it all the time. Life is a faster than light experience. Hopefully that makes sense as open ended as it is. Brit of all people should understand. Most psychedelic experiences lend themselves to understand this on the most basic level. Many religions have been based on experiences with psychedelics that point directly back to what voodoo/quantum stand for and the perceived notion of what they can accomplish. Its pretty interesting stuff when you connect the dots. Apparently I couldn't help my self and did a little more than condensing!
ellett

Post by ellett »

quantum500 wrote:I was going to post an intelligent reply condensing RR's post down to something dimwits could comprehend. Problem is the farther I read the worse it got. Study basic physics, like the shit you should of learned in high school and the bullet problem is answered. Even basic addition and subtraction will yield the correct values. All you need to know is Quantum is the closest thing to prove Voodoo magic the developed world has managed to conjure up. Faster than light is possible but it has some really weird things attached it. One of the things that cannot be attached to faster than light is a physical body, but it effects all physical bodies if that makes any sense. Its a complex scientific system but at the same time we live in it and manipulate it all the time. Life is a faster than light experience. Hopefully that makes sense as open ended as it is. Brit of all people should understand. Most psychedelic experiences lend themselves to understand this on the most basic level. Many religions have been based on experiences with psychedelics that point directly back to what voodoo/quantum stand for and the perceived notion of what they can accomplish. Its pretty interesting stuff when you connect the dots. Apparently I couldn't help my self and did a little more than condensing!

“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

you know this was an actual question in my AP physics class in high school. The answer was the light is also traveling at the speed of light. I can't remember the details, but the point was that nothing will exceed the speed of light. That being said I also flunked a test because I refused to accept the text books theory that a car would burn the same amount of fuel driving strait up a mountain or around it in a spiral for the simple fact that engines do not burn fuel in a linear way and transmissions have gear spacing, bombing up a clif face WFO at 8000rpm vs spiraling around a 1000rpm in over drive WILL NOT burn the same amount of fuel, my Teacher didn't like me being a smart ass and gave me an F even though I clearly stated my arguement. Physics guys are all about their laws and rules and rarely question them, even though some of their laws and theories are way the fuck out there, like how electrons can exist in 2 places at ones or how the entire universe was created by a tiny speck and a shit ton of energy...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
1ugly85cr500

Post by 1ugly85cr500 »

To solve the whole bullet thing I set my tippman a-5 up with a 5000 psi tank with a regulator set at a 800psi and crono it at a consetant 100fps wich equates to about 68mph we then procceeded to drive my truck at 70mph and shot signs out of the front no problem at all could hit them from about 10-20yrds then my freind in the sat in the back of the truck shot signs no problem at the same speed that was shooting out the back!! The paint ball did accelerate and hit the sign even though the truck was goin faster that the paint ball it's self I belive this happend because of the speed od the action on the gun it happens so fast that it almost lol sittin still I don't know but I do know that's what happend in the expriment also I used compressed nitrogen so there was no chang in the paint balls speed
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

anybody who has ever owned a potato gun would know how it works :wink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

1ugly85cr500 wrote:..the paint ball it's self I belive this happend because of the speed od the action on the gun it happens so fast that it almost lol sittin still I don't know but I do know that's what happend in the expriment
Strike one Chumley....

nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

Ok I will help you cretins out.
First of all, lets change it to 'almost the speed of light'
Otherwise things get pretty ridiculous.

If his duramax is going toward you, before the collision and your gory death you will see that his headlights are bluer looking than normal, like one of those stupid ricer headlights. The light from the headlights is still going the speed of light. This is called blueshift and astronomers use this to figure out the speed of stars moving towards us.

If he was going in reverse, the lights would appear red like a heat lamp. The light would be going the speed of light. This is called redshift and astronomers use this to figure out the speed of stars moving away from us.
03 CRF450/85 500
1ugly85cr500

Post by 1ugly85cr500 »

AlisoBob wrote:
1ugly85cr500 wrote:..the paint ball it's self I belive this happend because of the speed od the action on the gun it happens so fast that it almost lol sittin still I don't know but I do know that's what happend in the expriment
Strike one Chumley....

sorry I forgot to proff read I was on break and by the way what's a web rider I still haven't figured it out???
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

nmdesertrider wrote:Ok I will help you cretins out.
First of all, lets change it to 'almost the speed of light'
Otherwise things get pretty ridiculous.

If his duramax is going toward you, before the collision and your gory death you will see that his headlights are bluer looking than normal, like one of those stupid ricer headlights. The light from the headlights is still going the speed of light. This is called blueshift and astronomers use this to figure out the speed of stars moving towards us.

If he was going in reverse, the lights would appear red like a heat lamp. The light would be going the speed of light. This is called redshift and astronomers use this to figure out the speed of stars moving away from us.
Actually once you start thinking of light as a wave form and not a particle, you realize that as the truck goes faster and faster it would catch up with the light (wave) being emitted in a forward direction. The so-called blue shift would increase until the truck "disappeared" i.e. it arrived at the same time as it's own image and you couldn't see it coming.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF