CR500 raditaors and XR650...

Recount your rebuilds here!
MAVERICK66

CR500 raditaors and XR650...

Post by MAVERICK66 »

Does anyone know if they cross over? I heard they may?
TIA!!
Neilios

Post by Neilios »

Will have a look over the weekend, from memory they are different though.
XP650r, CR500AF, CR500 (steelie) CRF450r, XL250 K3 and XL250 Motorsport
MAVERICK66

Thanks

Post by MAVERICK66 »

Neilios wrote:Will have a look over the weekend, from memory they are different though.
Ok cool. I know they have almost the same part #.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

part numbers dont meen much when swapping parts. i have a honda part number decoder, if i remeber correct the first set of numbers is the only ones that are relevant.

edit: first numbers appear to designate what the part is.... radiator, clutch plate, kickstarter etc etc. second numbers show what bike the part was originally used for. last set of numbers is for designating suppliers, upgrades to original design and color codes. from the information in this decoder it sounds like the second set of numbers is the best for determining what parts interchange. youll pull your hair out trying to find what parts interchange just by using a part number. physically matching the part up is the best way but that isnt always possible if you dont have the new part to test fit. good luck dude, i swapped some tranny parts years ago before there was any info available on which stuff would interchange and it was a bitch trying to make sure i didnt waste money on parts that wouldnt fit. theres alot more info available today than a few years ago.