Rekluse Z start Pro - the cats ass!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

sugarshane wrote:
seanmx57 wrote: I found one major problem with my rekluse pro. If your kill switch malfuntions you have to ride until you are out of gas or figure out a way to stall it by messing with the carb or yanking a plug wire :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would have shut off the fuel. my gas hog would starve quick. cant u pull in the over ride and release it in 5th gear with the choke on or something? If you cant pull in the over ride to shift what exactly is the point of it anyways? sorry if that is a stupid question but i have never ridden with a rekluse.
Didn't think of killing the fuel. I have a zip ty airscrew so I just turned it in until she died. I was scratching my head for a minute figuring out how to get her to stop running.

Of course you can pull the lever at any point. I have not used the clutch to shift since I was learing how to ride on a 60 :wink:

I would think that as long as other clutch baskets take the same plates and the same amount of plates then they are interchangable. The way the pro is designed you have to pull the inner drive hub out to pu the pro internals in. So if the inner hubs are the same part # you should be golden.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Hillbilly500 wrote:Just so you know.. the crf450 and cr500 are identical in every way.. my crf and cr500 every part will interchange.. Both are pro's.. why Rekluse advertises them with different part numbers I have no idea.. Marketing I guess.. I have emailed them about it and they won't reply.. :lol:

While maybe the Rekluse parts are the same i will tell with utmost certainty that the CRF clutch basket is NOT the same, the "fingers" on the 500 basket are 1/8 of an inch longer. Also the Thrust washer and basket bearing are ever so different, which will cause you problems with the rekluse.

if youwant the Rekluse to work right ensure there are all 500 oem parts in there.

my 2 cents
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

I don't know about the pro because I haven't installed one of those but, the only thing OEM left on the core is the basket and friction plates. The rest is all rekluse. If you are going to install a complete new clutch anyway that helps offset the cost of the rekluse.
Hillbilly500

Post by Hillbilly500 »

kdizzle wrote:
Hillbilly500 wrote:Just so you know.. the crf450 and cr500 are identical in every way.. my crf and cr500 every part will interchange.. Both are pro's.. why Rekluse advertises them with different part numbers I have no idea.. Marketing I guess.. I have emailed them about it and they won't reply.. :lol:

While maybe the Rekluse parts are the same i will tell with utmost certainty that the CRF clutch basket is NOT the same, the "fingers" on the 500 basket are 1/8 of an inch longer. Also the Thrust washer and basket bearing are ever so different, which will cause you problems with the rekluse.

if youwant the Rekluse to work right ensure there are all 500 oem parts in there.

my 2 cents
all the rekluse pro parts(450 vs. 500) are identical in everyway.. Had them both out side by side.. been told the 250 is also the same
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

My guess is the instructions are the reason, but I can ask Rekluse if you want...
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Can the Rekluse clutch be shifted under power or do you need to let up to shift?
KE 336

Post by KE 336 »

Tharrell wrote:Can the Rekluse clutch be shifted under power or do you need to let up to shift?
I personally let off when shifting just because I think it is easier on the tranny but, If you currently shift under power with a standard clutch and then installed a rekluse, you could still shift under power. Once the rekluse is engaged it is no different than a oem clutch after you release the lever.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

No clutch is going to change the dynamics of shifting...in order to do what you are talking about would require an Override gear set...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Have you been able to stall it yet?
Also, sometimes I use power and braking at the same time. Is there any difference I would notice?
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

You can still stall a Rekluse, its just a lot harder to do (happens more often on a thumper). Once the rpm's are high enough to engage the clutch is behaves the same as stock, so throttle and brake will still have the same effect.

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

if your carb is not dialed pretty well you will stall more. get a zipty air screw and get the pilot jet on the money and just turn the idle up a bit. I dont' think those screws don't work in the old PJ's.
Tommy_J

Post by Tommy_J »

There is one difference between CRF450 and CR500 standard Rekluse kits.
The 500 makes more torque down low so some of the steel balls must be replaced with heavier tungsten carbide balls. Rekluse recommended 15 tungsten balls and these cost about $75. So there's the price difference.

Last week we were riding up a drainage channel. Deep sand with intermittent knee high weirs. I road over every one. Everbody else stalled at each weir.

:lol:
CR500 Shifter Kart + Gen 3 AF
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

After riding my 450 with a Rekluse I can definitely say every cr500 should have a Rekluse!! I highly doubt anyone who has ridden with one would disagree...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I rode one at thought it was lame.

It was easy.... but it was lame... like a crossword puzzle, with all the answers lightly penciled in.

Easy is not why I ride.

Not being able to bump start my bike, 20 miles from the truck with a broke right foot for example, , would sucks ass too.
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AlisoBob wrote:I rode one at thought it was lame.

It was easy.... but it was lame... like a crossword puzzle, with all the answers lightly penciled in.

Easy is not why I ride.
Of course Bob would disagree :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

AlisoBob wrote: I rode one at thought it was lame.

AlisoBob wrote:Easy is not why I ride. I ride a 500 because I like the exercise and get exhausted as fast as possible
FIXED
AlisoBob wrote:Not being able to bump start my bike, 20 miles from the truck with a broke right foot for example, , would sucks ass too.
Agreed...

Fixed: http://www.revloc.com/

Then again, I have only seen a 500 bump start a couple times in all my years and it had to be on asssfault...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:Easy is not why I ride. I ride a 500 because I like the exercise and get exhausted as fast as possible
FIXED
I ride a 500 , and like when my brain makes the correct choice, talks to my left hand effectivly, and I make it through the task at hand.

FIXED
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:After riding my 450 with a Rekluse I can definitely say every cr500 should have a Rekluse!! I highly doubt anyone who has ridden with one would disagree...
M.F.D.B. - The EXPERT on ALL types of riding... get over yourself already.

I have a riding buddy on a CRF450 who bought into the autoclutch. He thought it was the shiznit when he got it. He rode it for a season and grew more and more frustrated with it. It's not on there anymore. I rode it a few times, yeah it was interesting. No I don't want one.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

MojoScojo wrote:yeah it was interesting. No I don't want one.

X2
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

MojoScojo wrote:
WoW what a dick, did you run out of Mydol?
MojoScojo wrote: I have a riding buddy on a CRF450 who bought into the autoclutch. He thought it was the shiznit when he got it. He rode it for a season and grew more and more frustrated with it. It's not on there anymore.
Most people ive heard of that had and got rid of an auto clutch wernt very mechanical and didnt ever set them up right. In fact, the ONLY people ive heard of that wernt happy and got rid of an auto did so after not changing one thing on the setup. They thought it should have came out of the box perfectly setup and tuned...morons.
MojoScojo wrote: I rode it a few times, yeah it was interesting. No I don't want one.
Hey, not everyone deals with change well...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Hillbilly500

Post by Hillbilly500 »

Tommy_J wrote:There is one difference between CRF450 and CR500 standard Rekluse kits.
The 500 makes more torque down low so some of the steel balls must be replaced with heavier tungsten carbide balls. Rekluse recommended 15 tungsten balls and these cost about $75. So there's the price difference.

Last week we were riding up a drainage channel. Deep sand with intermittent knee high weirs. I road over every one. Everbody else stalled at each weir.

:lol:
both my crf450 and 500 have the steel balls that came with them..

And as stated above I love my rekluses... I ride Hard places and enjoy the no stall ability.. makes the Day so much fun.. rode a harescramble with tons of technical switchbacks and single track last weekend.. Was awesome never even coming close to stalling.. fUN :cool:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Hillbilly500 wrote: I love my rekluses... I ride Hard places and enjoy the no stall ability.. makes the Day so much fun..
X2 :wink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

M.F.D.B. wrote:
MojoScojo wrote:
WoW what a dick, did you run out of Mydol?
MojoScojo wrote: I have a riding buddy on a CRF450 who bought into the autoclutch. He thought it was the shiznit when he got it. He rode it for a season and grew more and more frustrated with it. It's not on there anymore.
Most people ive heard of that had and got rid of an auto clutch wernt very mechanical and didnt ever set them up right. In fact, the ONLY people ive heard of that wernt happy and got rid of an auto did so after not changing one thing on the setup. They thought it should have came out of the box perfectly setup and tuned...morons.
MojoScojo wrote: I rode it a few times, yeah it was interesting. No I don't want one.
Hey, not everyone deals with change well...
Fine, so I'm a dick. Deal with it.

No, I don't handle change well. I would still prefer my trusty old steelie CR500 over my piece of crap powervalved YZ250... NOT!

You, my friend, have an ever growing history of making blanket statements that apparently should apply to every dirtbiker everywhere. News flash: We're not all the same! We don't all ride the same stuff or ride for the same reasons. You seem to think you know what works better for me than I do as well as what's more fun for me than I do. It's a crock and I'm through sitting back reading to this crap. What exactly are your credentials that should make me believe a word you say? Frankly, from what I know about you, and the sales jobs you keep trying to give, I'd sooner trust the advertisements claiming they can make my dick bigger simply by sending them money and taking their placebo.

Oh, and for the record, this riding buddy, I'd sooner trust his mechanical prowess than ANY bike shop mechanic. I'd also wager he's a far better rider than you'll ever be. I've seen you ride. So yeah, I'm trusting his opinion over yours. Believe it or not, there ARE situations where an autoclutch simply is not all that. If he was still running it, I might think a little harder about getting one of my own and attempting to adapt seeing as how I don't handle change well.

Also, I never had any issues bump starting my 500... in the mud...with 170psi compression. Had no trouble bump starting my IT490 either.

According to popular opinion:
Small 2 strokes suck. They require actual clutch and throttle skills to ride.
Big 2 strokes are easier to ride.
4 strokes are easier yet to ride.
Autoclutched 4 strokes are easier yet to ride.
E-Started, autoclutched, 4 strokes are WAY easy to ride.
Know what is easier to ride than that? A Quad! OOOOO! FUN!!!

Tell me I'm wrong.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

This is funny.....well....maybe. I thought I was actually a pretty good rider. I moved up here to Washington. Mojo and his buddies.......exceptional riders. They beat me up pretty good with sadistic grins on their pusses.

Desert...its fun and I miss it at times. Woods riding is not easy by any means. Point is, these cats can ride and Matt is a skilled mechanic.

I am not a fan of the auto-clutch rave. Just my opinion....I like doing things the old fashioned way. I rode Wild Bills AF with the Rekluse.....didn't dig it.

Ya'll like em, more power to ya.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......