Thunder Power Jet

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
DitchWitch

Thunder Power Jet

Post by DitchWitch »

Hey fellas, anyone with experience with these? http://www.thunderproducts.com/thunder_powerjet.htm A good thing or snake oil? If they work, it apeals to me as I ride from 5000 to 12000 feet. Be nice to lean out as you go up, or fatten up in heavy thick stuff. :wink:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I haven;t used that particular one, but powerjets do make a difference. They only add fuel when there is a vacuum present after the slide which allows you to run a much smaller main for really crisp response and when a vacuum is created it adds more fuel. They can help a little with elevation changes, but they really only work WFO and with quick snaps of the throttle, so turning the knob will have no effect on partial and low throttle situations.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I love my intelajet. worth every penny too me. I can fine tune the mix as the temp and elevation change

I don't this only affects the mix at full throttle with the intelajet. Supposedly it operates by accoustics which I do NOT understand. I would think it's vaccuum operated. The spec sheet claims if your mix is too rich it will not draw fuel becuase the acoustics don't call for it.

Look around on the thunder products site I think under the tech stuff I think.

Once I get warm up lap in and get the motor warm I fine tune the intelajet and can tell a differnece in 1/2 a turn. it has 4 turns of adjustment. They say to go 2 sizes leaner on the main.

As my filter skinz clogg with dirt and the day getts hotter (both make the bike richer) I dial it leaner as needed along with the zipty air screw, love that thing too.
Last edited by seanmx57 on March 27th, 2010, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You got the Zip Air Screw too.....

SWEET!
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

I've been paying attention.

rotella 15/40
zipty screw

Not that other stuff doesn't work too but I tend to agree with your logic.

Just picked up some Amsoil Propalene Glycol coolant to replace the evans NPG-R. Mick turned me onto that. Evan's runs hot. I think I can drop about 40 degrees from the temp I was running with the NPG-R
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm

I picked up some powernow inserts to play with. One for both sides of the slide on a pwk 38mm airstiker, they would work on a non AS 38 pwk too. The filter side will require a mod to get it past the nozzle but the reed side will just slip right in if the carb has not been bored.

I loved the way the PN insert picked up the hit with just the stock carb and that was only running it on the filter side.