Service Honda heads up

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
exackery

Service Honda heads up

Post by exackery »

Hey guys I thought I had better give you all a heads up regarding ordering parts from Service Honda.

Yesterday I ordered some parts from Service Honda and while processing the bill the shipping price came up as $110.00 -
this seemed pretty high but I figured it was just a website estimate based on where I live ( the parts are being shipped to Florida but my home address
is in Canada). Anyway, right after I completed the order I fired off an email to Service Honda with my concerns about the high shipping costs.

Today I got a reply. I quote

"Since this order has been processed we cannot alter the invoice. This includes canceling the order, adding/deleting
individual parts or upgrading the shipping method. Any changes after
receipt of this e-mail will result in a 20% restocking fee."

Ok now I have a few issues with this, firstly, I'm not trying to cancel the order nor change it, nor upgrade the shipping what I am asking for is to pay
a fair amount for the shipping so if the "system" overcharged me you would think a credit to my credit card in the amount I was overcharged would be
relatively easy to accomplish.

When I ordered the parts I'm sure the "system" said the parts would be shipped Fedex
(this is contrary to the website http://www.servicehonda.com/faq.html which says UPS ground).

I ordered a cylinder/crankshaft/2 pistons/pins/rings/gaskets so I'm estimating the box would weigh 30-35 pounds and be at most 16 in x 24 in x 24 in

According to the Fedex website shipping would cost $45.83
UPS costs about $42.00

Keep in mind I'm shipping the cheapest way>>> I figure if I have to wait 2-3 days for Service Honda to receive and ship the parts waiting 3 more days
to save $ on shipping is a no brainer>> after all if you were in a big hurry you would order from your local stealership.

Anyway, it looks like shipping is calculated at 10% of the total so next time you order from Service Honda add 10 % to all their prices and you might find
the deal isn't quite what you thought it was (it is in my case cause parts prices in Canada are crazy).

I thought every one should know especially this "we can't change anything business and if we do you will pay"

This is on the website and in light of my experience I thought it was funny I quote

"We ship via UPS. Shipping is added manually to every order depending on the size (for large items like atv fenders)
or weight of the order. Most shipping costs are inexpensive. The minimum shipping cost ranges between $9.00 - $15.00
depending on where you are located in the Continential U.S.."

Zak

p.s. rubber side down
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Call them... they should straighten that out... they're pretty good folks.

I ordered a whole bunch of parts Monday thru SH, only I phoned in my order, since I've had issues with their online ordering before (clearing my basket while I was still looking at parts, etc... never a shipping issue).

I had 62 part numbers and 140 total pieces.... I ordered all but 1 piece Monday, and called back to order the other piece yesterday, so I truly have 2 separate orders. Combined the parts cost was just over $1,070, and the total shipped was $1116.50
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

If I ordered over $1,000 woth of stuff, and they didnt ship it for free, I'd tell them to fuck off.....
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

AlisoBob wrote:If I ordered over $1,000 woth of stuff, and they didnt ship it for free, I'd tell them to fuck off.....
X2 thats bullshit you had to pay shipping, most retailers give free shipping on orders over $100 :roll:
-Jake

fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I can agree with that too, but the prices at SH with shipping are still cheaper than most other places with free shipping. Plus I've always had great customer service, which is worth something too.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

10-4
exackery

Post by exackery »

I don't want free shipping >>I want to pay a reasonable amount.

Both Fedex and Ups can send a package containing the parts I ordered from Illinois to Florida for 40-45 dollars or less (i'm being generous on the weight and size) in 3 days. I'm just not sure why I'm paying $110.00 (whats the extra $65.00 for).

As for customer service >> apparently they can't give credits (assuming one was required). They also don't seem to have a explanation on the high shipping amount >> at least not yet >> I have sent another email.

I'll keep you posted

Zak
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Did you actually pick up the phone and call them?

PS... I wouldn't have placed the order online with a shipping amount like that.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

you got hosed

recently i sent nearly 1800 miles a complete cr250 engine, silencer, carb, pv stuff, coil. was alittle under 70lbs if i recall and cost a hair over $100
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

In January I shipped a 500 motor from Iowa to West Virginia, weighed 75lbs, insured it for $4k and it shipped for $78
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

Your paying not only shipping to you, but also the shipping from Honda (supplier) to them and then in house processing. Why I said in another thread that OEM parts were cheaper thru Motosport. Tires, chemicals, 500lbs of gear..... FREE 3 day ground with $99 purchase or more.
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
exackery

New info.

Post by exackery »

I have started a new thread with the outcome of the story for those following along
RideRed

Post by RideRed »