Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
"SOLID Bro!!"

Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont 's own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register "non-gun-owners" and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the "militia" phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a "monopoly of force" by the government as well as criminals. Vermontbs constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent." Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."

Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and driver's license number with the state. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so," Maslack says Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the least restrictive laws of any state .. it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation.

This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns. Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way.

America

Home of the free,

BECAUSE of the Brave.

TeamLead
Main Landing Gear Pods
USAF C-17 Program
Long Beach, California
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

AWESOME!!!!!
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I AGREE :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Now thats fukn awesome!!

I love this:
...resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation.
Now that right there, says it all. Notice how the states with the strictest gun laws have the higher crime rate....? hmm, that means more $$ for governments. Fukn bullshit.
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Mama

Post by Mama »

Okay, if they pass something like that, I am so moving to Vermont!
A CR500 is a thing of beauty whatever the frame is made of, but me, I'd rather ride a hoon!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

I read up on this a tad more...seems to have been around for a while. Sounds good, either way tho
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

homenf

Post by homenf »

They should need to post this on their home, business and car too.
94 CR125
06 CR500AF

"I'd give you my two cents on this hope and change thing, but I can't afford to anymore."
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

homenf wrote:They should need to post this on their home, business and car too.
I'm gonna have that made up about a hundred times and stick it everywhere i see a no guns allowed sign.
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

QUICK, someone grab that for your Avatar! :D
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????