WISECO PERFORMANCE SHIT PISTONS

Good Purchase? Paper Weight? Speak Up!!!
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

sorry guys, im still noob on computers. wrong pic that one.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

here is the under shot. notice the reenforcement on the prox, yet none on the wiseco.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

heres my baby. 2001 with 90-91 plastics/graphix

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

im sure somebody near you will glady take the wiseco off your hands then go buy a new one of your choice. i think that prox you have is the one that short circuits out the exhaust so its junk also :lol:
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

100hp honda wrote:im sure somebody near you will glady take the wiseco off your hands then go buy a new one of your choice. i think that prox you have is the one that short circuits out the exhaust so its junk also :lol:
yeah, i heard that about them prox so im prob gonna get a vertex or oem.
went to the stealership today while i was getting lunch and got them th price up a oem piston kit. worked out they wanted $320 incluning top end gasket kit.
think i say one for 164 on ebay so ill give that another look over tonight.

so what do you think about the new wiseco design?
no gudgeon recess?

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

thanks 100hp,
was looking for i 89.25 mm piston but from what ive found, vertex only come in 89.5 and above. think i might pounce on that one. $120 shipped.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

OEM piston and gaskets
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/cart.php

it would be cheaper too if you bought a cometic top end gasket kit
-Jake

LOVEMYCR500

Post by LOVEMYCR500 »

I bought a 90 mm Wiesco from Glen, it was a nice light machined one. I was going to go with Wossner but they don't have any rings yet. They make a 84-89 model year piston which is basically the same as the 90-01, it's forged, it has anti scuff coating on the skirt and are real nice pistons. Unfortunately LA Sleeve is the dist for the country so the price will be high. All pistons are made in Germany.

I have never had problems with forged pistons, if they are bored in correctly, and you break them in right, they last for years. problem is, you just can't jump on your bike, fire it up and give it hell until the motor is up to temp and the bigger the slug, the more it needs to be warmed up.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i have a pair of Rocky Cycle 89.25mm pistons on the shelf :wink:
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:i have a pair of Rocky Cycle 89.25mm pistons on the shelf :wink:
thanks bud, but i picked up a vertex89.5 2 weeks age for $120 shipped.just waiting for it to get here :)

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

cool
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

Lol, I still have a brand new oem cr 500 piston sitting on my tv. never been used.

I bought my cr 500 used, figured, I'd buy a piston and ring for it before I needed it. I shoulda took the motor apart I guess first. Went with stock bore when I ordered, turned out the motor has a .50 over bore wiseco piston it.

Lol, took motor apart to throw the new piston in it. I look at the old piston, and the new one, they don't look the same size. I push piston in cyclinder and theres like so much play I am like F***ing bs.

Throw old piston back in, order a wiseco 50 over bore..

And my awesome dealership here in town won't take back the piston cause I can't find the box it came in, but they will return the rings. lol.

So I have a brand new piston sitting on top of my tv. ahh well. its shiny

I tell everyone how much I love the honda store in town. lol. I never shop there any more (but theres a different reason I don't shop there anymore not because of this piston issue.)
98 Cr 500 Steelie, 08 KTM 300
Both sporting Tera Flex 150x90x18 tires.
tacogrande

Post by tacogrande »

LOVEMYCR500 wrote: I was going to go with Wossner but they don't have any rings yet. They make a 84-89 model year piston which is basically the same as the 90-01, it's forged, it has anti scuff coating on the skirt and are real nice pistons. Unfortunately LA Sleeve is the dist for the country so the price will be high. All pistons are made in Germany.
I happen to be in Germany right now and also happen to need a new piston. What is the difference between the 84-89 and the 90-01 piston? I can price out the wossner's and fly home with some if anyone else wants to try one.http://www.woessner-kolben.de/english/indexenglish.html
Socal Hoon
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I had a new old style Wiseco, it had the sides cut out like that prox, and it didn't have any cast lines or crud still inside it. Sold that puppy for a premium to some sucker. :twisted: My Vertex looks like new right now and the cylinder is still perfect. I hammer that thing in the dunes and when I smell molton lava out the tail pipe, I rest it.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

That wiseco looks just like mine, and i am right about 100hrs straight MX on that thing. still runs like a raped gorilla. I have no probs with wiseco.
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

yeah i couldn find anyone to sell it to so im running it to judge for myself. threw it in in february and managed a few rides so far so its almost run in.
the engine feels a little down on power but thats prob cos im using a different cylinder that has the scollops in it. it really feels like its robbing the bottom end.
my last cylinder was a 90mm with a vertex (as opposed too this 89.25mm) and it had noticably more bottom end.

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.