TTM, scam or no scam?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!

Scam or no scam?

Poll ended at April 29th, 2009, 9:23 am

scam
19%
not a scam
81%

Total votes: 32

HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

dannygraves wrote:ok, so who the fuck are these guys (bodger and cr500 4 ever)?? I never see any posts from either of them and now they are eating this ttm shit up...
Do the 2 of you have anything usefull to contribute to this board?! I don't believe I have seen either of you help a hoon w/ tuning Q's, point some hoons at some good secret riding spots, send a broke hoon some old parts to get his bike going?
If you're not going to contribute, then STFU!
Mike might have had issues on this build and might be far behind on a pile of builds, but I've been out riding w/ the dude, I've broken bread with the guy, he has sent me free parts, he has fed me and helped me w/ tons of welding and fab advise... He has contributed to the community we have here, you guys have not. Who is the real scammer???
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

dannygraves wrote:ok, so who the fuck are these guys (bodger and cr500 4 ever)?? I never see any posts from either of them and now they are eating this ttm shit up...
Do the 2 of you have anything usefull to contribute to this board?! I don't believe I have seen either of you help a hoon w/ tuning Q's, point some hoons at some good secret riding spots, send a broke hoon some old parts to get his bike going?
If you're not going to contribute, then STFU!
Mike might have had issues on this build and might be far behind on a pile of builds, but I've been out riding w/ the dude, I've broken bread with the guy, he has sent me free parts, he has fed me and helped me w/ tons of welding and fab advise... He has contributed to the community we have here, you guys have not. Who is the real scammer???
Amen brother Danny. :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dannygraves wrote:he has sent me free parts
Mike has sent allot of Hoons free stuff....
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

dude, he send me a whole front wheel for my KLX110, sent me a free 500 CDI and even some free brand new OEM parts that I needed and the only thing he asked in return was that I make it out to the pismo ride! Mike is a HOON x10, so I think this "scammer" label needs to fuck off.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

dannygraves wrote:dude, he send me a whole front wheel for my KLX110, sent me a free 500 CDI and even some free brand new OEM parts that I needed and the only thing he asked in return was that I make it out to the pismo ride! Mike is a HOON x10, so I think this "scammer" label needs to fuck off.
Right on! When my gearbag flew out the back of my truck, Mike sent me a free helmet and sold me the rest of my gear for cheap. When I was stressed to no end and broke as shit, he asked me how much it would take for me to go riding and PayPal'ed it to me. A gift, not a loan. :shock:

With that kind of history, I'm easily pissed when a couple of dickheads with absolutely no stake in whats going on start shit. Fuckem'! :nutkick:
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

I can feel the love :applaud: :applaud:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: TTM, scam or no scam?

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:Is waiting a long time for a bike that ends up being a disaster a scam or not? You would think if a mistake was made you would stand behind you product right? Maybe Mike should just stick with frames, not complete bikes.
The same can be said about Service Honda....

This came today, from a Service Honda owner. I have received others like it, but the owners dont want to be identified, or have their stories told... I have respected their wishes.

Rick wants his situation to come out. NOT to fuel the fire, but to save someone from experiencing what he went through. Perhaps if this is well received, others will be brave enough to step foreward with their own stories.. Rick told me he was silent because he thought speaking up would kill his ability to ever get replacement parts from S/H. This forum has shown him that no matter what happens, his bike ( and therefor parts availability ) will aways be supported... S/H or not.

Heres Ricks story:

It's been hard for me to suck it up and "take it" as a SH customer. I hope this serves to help others from having a similar experience. My bike took 3 or 4 months to complete, after a, serious run-around. It got completely fucked up in shipping.Partly due to not being packed properly. The handlebars were left to dangle in the create too and beat the bike pretty badly. My heart was broken when I saw it in the trucking yard. BUT I knew right away I was not going to send it back. I had waited this long, and I was afraid if i refused it I might never get another.

And I don't know where to start on with the piss poor fit & finish and fucked up fabrication DONE BY AJ.You have seen the photos, mine is along those lines. As I asked for a rear brake instead of a clutch lever, I called and talked to AJ, asking him to be sure he used a braided line for the rear brake. He said he already had. When I got the bike sure enough there was the braided line,all the way from the lever to the junction box he or someone made that connected the braided line to the oem rubber line. DUMB!

THEN, after a couple of rides, the rear brake wasnt working. I found one of the fittings at the junction was leaking. It turns out the fitting was stripped.
It also had a broken tap in the hole where the top tank bolt goes into the frame. I only found this out after the piece they welded onto the frame to hide and cover it up broke off.

They used an extra long head stay bolt that had worn halfway through the tank before I found it and the air filter boot was not fully attached to the carb, which I found after a couple of rides. (Was this my fault?)

There is more, but at this point I don't even remember everything.... I do remember that the oem parts were never returned to me. I paid for them in the original purchase of the bike, there was no credit given.

I thought I would share this with you all, the members of BannedCR500riders.com. I don't like to add fuel to the fire, but it has to be said. I would not like anyone to go through what I did.

My name is Rick Fuller Call me @ 1-888-959-5332 Toll free anytime if you need this story validated. I love my bike, but the purchase was not the great experience I had hoped it to be.

Thanks Rick.

Mike's Human, AJ's Human.... Brit??? Who the hell knows.

The point is were only here on earth once... Lets all do the best we can.... While we can.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

No scam on this. As Johnny Bench used to say....No Runs, No Drips, No Errors.

Thanks Mike
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Who got hit on the chin with more Balls??

Johnny Bench, or Britincali?

( Sorry, couldnt resist a good Johnny Bench joke)

I think Early Schibe made up that quote BTW.....
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Not so fast AB. Take a look at this
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Hey WTF! Bob I like Johnny Bench putting him and Brit in the same category c'mon.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Exnav wrote:Not so fast AB. Take a look at this

Well Holy Hog Shit!! I stand corrected!!!!

:punch:
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

dannygraves wrote:dude, he send me a whole front wheel for my KLX110, sent me a free 500 CDI and even some free brand new OEM parts that I needed and the only thing he asked in return was that I make it out to the pismo ride! Mike is a HOON x10, so I think this "scammer" label needs to fuck off.
Im with this guy. Called mike up when i needed some oem parts ordered up a bunch of em got em come to find out he missed a couple while ordering them. I called him up he said they would ship in a couple days.. bout a week later i had the parts in hand asked him what do i owe you. He said dont worry about it. Mike is a top notch hoon in my books as well!!
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
Darrell262

Post by Darrell262 »

:eatdrink: I love this site.

Ordered a tera flex 190x90x18 for my old steel cr 500
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

Mike is the man he sent me a set of bars for my bike after i bent my pro tapers.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
CR500 4 Ever

Post by CR500 4 Ever »

Remember this thread!!! I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!

:eatdrink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CR500 4 Ever wrote:Remember this thread!!! I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so!

:eatdrink:
:notworthy:
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Current status?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

BigSteve wrote:Current status?
Total rip-off......
britincali

Post by britincali »

BigSteve wrote:Current status?
BIGTIME SCAM

Compulsive lier and a theif simple as that.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

The whole thing bites ass. I can't believe where all this wound up. I don't see how he can go riding anywhere or have anything to do with the off road community anymore, that would be like going to a Black Panther meeting with a hood and a white power t-shirt on!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I really hope that those that lost money or parts get something back, but it doesn't look very likely after all of these stories have come to light.