spare time and spare parts (TOO MUCH OF BOTH)

Recount your rebuilds here!
kelroy_leon

spare time and spare parts (TOO MUCH OF BOTH)

Post by kelroy_leon »

While looking at all of my extra goods, I was thinking of doing something a bit different. I have an 87' 250 frame and a bunch of 85' 86' parts. I'm wondering about the 87' air box. Was it a one year only part, since the shock was different for 87'? Would it be the same as an 88' box? I have a complete extra exhaust for my 90' 250 and was thinking about trying it out on the mix match parts bike? Yes, no or maybe ? I have seen some crazy things made to work, I think I just want to make another usable bike ? any info will be appreciated.
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

87-88 box is the same, possibly fit the 89-90 pipe, think its a notch clearence, not a hole, and it'd look right cuz they use the same # plates. should fit older stuff.

theres a tank out there thats factory off some bike i cant remember that looks like it'd clear a high pipe, maybee you can chop and hack to make a low pipe fit, its all kicker and tank clearence.
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

I had wanted to mock it up on my 85' frame but the 87' shock wont fit into the top mount. With that issue, the 87' frame will be the one that I will have to use. Not too big of an issue, easier to do the disc brake setup. Tank clearance will not be an issue. As for the kicker, the 85' has plenty of room. I have the 87' kicker as well as an extra 90' kicker. I dont think this will be too complicated? Its just going to be a bit different.
ImageImage
beekums

Post by beekums »

Would be interested in whatever parts for the 85
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

Where are you located ?
kelroy_leon

Post by kelroy_leon »

Well here is the hodge podge bike mostly assembled. I had a pipe from my 87' 250 so I,m just running that for now. It's getting there.
ImageImage