Selling the 5 ****SOLD*********

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
hagendog

Selling the 5 ****SOLD*********

Post by hagendog »

So I am going to race the D36 series with my buddy and think a 450 might be a little easier to handle so......... it's up for grabs.
NEW PRICE FOR MY PEEPS ON HERE $3800 FIRM

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1567146597.html

If anyone on here wants it I deliver :D within reason

ALRIGHT NEEDS TO GO, IF YOU'RE IN CALI AND WANT THIS $3600!!!!
I HAVE ANOTHER RACE ON THE 6TH AND WANT A 450

Last edited by hagendog on February 4th, 2010, 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

Don't do it!
The 500 should be just as capable, if not more than a 450 for the stuff d36 will put you through :lol:
That is unless you are looking for an e-start bike.
Anyway, bump for a really nice looking conversion!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I just sold my gen-3 which was nearly identical. I had it on CL for weeks and only got calls from guys wanting help working on their 500s or wanting to know if I had any spare parts. I then did an ebay auction, a guy in minnesota clicked "buy it now" for $4500. shipping was $310 after I hunted down a crate.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

You gotta love that! It's a bitchen bike too, no way it doesn't sell for that when all the SH ones are so much more. I know I wouldn't ask any less for mine.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

So I got a call today and going to meet the guy tomorrow in Sac. he has a couple already and said he wants it. So looking at some 450's online now. Found a couple 08's for $4200-$4600 If I was to get an 07 they're around $3600. Any thoughts of what color bike I should get or just ride red.
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Test ride a few and see which one you like the best :wink:
-Jake

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I wouldn't get a red 450. I love my new kawi and yamaha makes a sweet bike. if I were to buy '08 or older, yamaha all the way.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

I wouldn't buy a Kawasaki or a Yamaha with a gun pointed to my head. I have the '08 and it's a great bike once you get the suspension dialed. For that price though, I'd jump on the '07 (the difference in price will more than pay for your suspension, etc). I didn't like the HPSD or the 22mm clamps so I went with a new '07 (24mm) set off of ebay.

Best of luck. BTW, that is one sweet 500AF. :cool: I get you preferring the 450 to race (same boat here) but you will definitely miss the cool factor of the 500. I do. :cry:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I ride with a bunch of guys on 450s, all with tons of hours and tons of abuse. My buddy Jason has a '07 rmz and the worst thing has been some funny noise out of the clutch, he replaced the basket and bearings, but it still makes noise... no other issues. Justin's yz gets flogged almost daily and he did a topend for the warm fuzzies, no other reason. A couple of other guys we ride with on hondas have had issues, especially one of justins friends who got an '09, he said trading in his '08 yz for the '09 honda was the biggest mistake he ever made. Another guy who I've ridden with a couple times has an '05 honda, his motor ate a valve (hondas rocker setup has a lot more issues than every one elses dual cam setup) so he had cylinder works bore and replate. half an hour of riding later the skirt broke off the jug and it looks like he is going to provide the world with another good roller. I won't touch a newer honda 4 stroke with someone elses dick... but thats just from what I had seen.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Well like it goes the dude didn't follow through. Talked to him at 9 or so this morning and said he'd call back.......... I had everything loaded up and ready to deliver, yeah I was taking it up to Sac. Oh well, worked on the track for like 5hrs and it looks nice. Guess I'll go get the bike dirty this week and the waiting game continues.... :roll:
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

dannygraves wrote:I ride with a bunch of guys on 450s, all with tons of hours and tons of abuse. My buddy Jason has a '07 rmz and the worst thing has been some funny noise out of the clutch, he replaced the basket and bearings, but it still makes noise... no other issues. Justin's yz gets flogged almost daily and he did a topend for the warm fuzzies, no other reason. A couple of other guys we ride with on hondas have had issues, especially one of justins friends who got an '09, he said trading in his '08 yz for the '09 honda was the biggest mistake he ever made. Another guy who I've ridden with a couple times has an '05 honda, his motor ate a valve (hondas rocker setup has a lot more issues than every one elses dual cam setup) so he had cylinder works bore and replate. half an hour of riding later the skirt broke off the jug and it looks like he is going to provide the world with another good roller. I won't touch a newer honda 4 stroke with someone elses dick... but thats just from what I had seen.
You're right, the '09 has had more than it's share of teething problems. Gas in the oil, decompression pins, clutch problems, stinkbug feel, etc, etc. I wouldn't buy one even if they are thinner/lighter than my '08.

Honda's prior to '06, yes, definitely problems with valves. You just have to know what year to get and be religious with oil changes and air filter service. They're race bikes, you have to take care of them.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I'll agree w/ you there, none of my friends with '06-'08 hondas have complained about much, except how difficult the air filter is to service, like to make sure it is sealed.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
trever

Post by trever »

getting a 450 get a yz I have had 2 red 2 blue and the yz's had zero problems I dont have time to type out the problems the crf's had :roll:
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Im looking at getting the '10 YZF450 or the KTM 350... both sweet bikes. I just bleed blue :lol:
-Jake

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

the new yamaha is BITCHEN! I would just wait until '11 because it is a complete redesign. When I bought the kawi, I really wanted the '10 yz, but they weren't out yet and they were going to go for well over msrp. it came down to if I wanted to wait and pay $10k for the yz or buy the kawi right then for $6k...
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I rode my freinds new 08" Kawasaki 450, what a piece of junk! Worst motor I've ever ridden, felt like it was going to blow up so I handed it back to him and never wanted to ride it again. Rode a 08 Yamaha 450, one of the best bikes I ever rode, awesome.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Danny the '10 YZ is selling for just under 8k right now... Im looking to sell all my current bikes and get one since the state is shutting down my favorite riding spot and I will have no use for a green sticker bike anymore. sorry to get off topic Hagen Dog
-Jake

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Ported&Polished wrote:I rode my freinds new 08" Kawasaki 450, what a piece of junk! Worst motor I've ever ridden, felt like it was going to blow up so I handed it back to him and never wanted to ride it again. Rode a 08 Yamaha 450, one of the best bikes I ever rode, awesome.
the '08 kawi was a bunch of drama. the dutuned the motor from '07 and had a few issues with frame and suspension geometry. the '09 was a complete redesign, which is also why is burns through chain sliders like tanks of gas. like I said, for '08 and older the YZ is a choice that one will not regret. for '09 the kawi is the only choice, and '10 the yz has it again. in '09 the honda sucked ass, the suzuki was a pig that ran like ass, the yamaha was the same basic bike as a '06, so why buy and '09 when you could buy a clean used '06 and KTM is never a choice for me, too $$$, especially for parts. I'm happy with my kawi, but don't be surprised if I end up getting a '11 or '12 yz :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

caseyracing222 wrote:Danny the '10 YZ is selling for just under 8k right now... Im looking to sell all my current bikes and get one since the state is shutting down my favorite riding spot and I will have no use for a green sticker bike anymore. sorry to get off topic Hagen Dog
yeah, a few months ago they were doing waiting lists and talking about demand inflating prices to well over 10k otd. just like the zr1 vettes and GT-Rs where the msrp is like 75k, but they are such high demand that people pay like 100 for them.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thats a good looking bike
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

So I am really needing to get me a new bike, first race is on the 17th and another on the 24th. NEW PRICE FOR MY PEEPS ON HERE $3800 FIRM I am also willing to trade for a 06 or newer 450 or KTM 300. Help a hoon out!!!!!!! BUT next winter I will build another bike, they're just too much fun not to have one :D
AMA714

Re: Selling the 5

Post by AMA714 »

hagendog wrote:So I am going to race the D36 series with my buddy and think a 450 might be a little easier to handle so......... it's up for grabs.
NEW PRICE FOR MY PEEPS ON HERE $3800 FIRM

http://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/1516229952.html

Just PM´d you
hagendog

Post by hagendog »

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1567146597.html

ALRIGHT NEEDS TO GO, IF YOU'RE IN CALI AND WANT THIS $3600!!!!
I HAVE ANOTHER RACE ON THE 6TH AND WANT A 450

hagendog

Post by hagendog »

Bike is sold, 450 tomorrow :roll:
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

hagendog wrote:Bike is sold, 450 tomorrow :roll:

You Fuck-n :homo:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx