Pm's...

I'll hear your comments, dosent mean I'll do squat about it.... but I'll listen.
M.F.D.B.

Pm's...

Post by M.F.D.B. »

I know some people hate pm's but certain thigs, like just chit chatting with someone or working out a sale of parts is a PITA without pms...IMO
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
97af

Post by 97af »

Yep....More than a few of us have each others phone numbers but PM's do make things easier.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I disabled the pm's to keep the conversations out in the open....

If you guys really want it back on...... I'll cave in....
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Third party them, and if people start miss using them, expose'm... :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Third party them, and if people start miss using them, expose'm... :lol:
Say what now?
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Play "Big Brother" like the "other guys" (snoop the pm's) and if people start using PM's to talk shit or for other unapropriate things can'm...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Thats not how we roll here....

:wink:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Personally I don't see anything wrong with pms. Kinda like talking on the phone. Whether you turn them on or leave them off don't matter to me. But I do think somethings should remain private.

M.F.D.B. wrote:Play "Big Brother" like the "other guys" (snoop the pm's) and if people start using PM's to talk shit or for other unapropriate things can'm...
Are you saying that the other site snoops on our pms?
If so NOT COOL!!!!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :nono: :nono: :nono: :bonk: :bonk:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Everyone here has a valid email address attached to there profile... Lets just use that to send private stuff. For less sensitive stuff.... use chat.

Just so everythings clear....

1. Everything on this forum to to be in the open.... its one of our cornerstones.

2. If someone ever does " get shown the door".... they will have ample oppertunity to get their contact info to those that needed it, and to clean up their account as they see fit ( from nothing, to delete everything). We dont toss you, and keep your stuff..... not cool.

3. We dont snoop........ were not the gestapo...

:nono:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Sounds good to me!

I'm easy! :clink:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Play "Big Brother" like the "other guys" (snoop the pm's) and if people start using PM's to talk shit or for other unapropriate things can'm...
Excuse me? Ignoring the moral implications for a moment, while that is possible to do, it's not easy and would be extremely time consuming. I SERIOUSLY doubt the "other guys" would do such a thing even if I thought they had a mind to, which I don't.

This software, on the other hand, is too easy to view PM's, IMHO, with the right password. I could see everything on one screen in less than 30 seconds if I wanted. Scary simple.
Last edited by Admin on June 15th, 2007, 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

AlisoBob wrote:Everyone here has a valid email address attached to there profile... Lets just use that to send private stuff. For less sensitive stuff.... use chat.

Just so everythings clear....

1. Everything on this forum to to be in the open.... its one of our cornerstones.

2. If someone ever does " get shown the door".... they will have ample oppertunity to get their contact info to those that needed it, and to clean up their account as they see fit ( from nothing, to delete everything). We dont toss you, and keep your stuff..... not cool.

3. We dont snoop........ were not the gestapo...

Bob, while I like this concept, there are drawbacks. Only Admin users (you and I) have access to everyone's email address. Most users have chosen to not display their email address, and with good reason. It is very easy for web crawling search engines to scour pages and harvest email addresses for spamming purposes. So exposing your email address is not something I would recommend. There are other things that can be done, but they are rather obtuse. This is where PM's come in. It's what they were designed to deal with. But, you are the man in charge.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Ah.... I thought all the emails were visable to all. Dosent clicking the " Email" button on every post connect you right up to the recieptant?

Well.. since you confirmed that snooping pm's is rather difficult.... I say turn them on.....

You guys be good though.....

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

AlisoBob wrote:Ah.... I thought all the emails were visable to all.

Well.. since you confirmed that snooping pm's is rather difficult.... I say turn them on.....

You guys be good though.....

Whoa there Bobby, go back two posts.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

???
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin wrote:
Excuse me? Ignoring the moral implications for a moment, while that is possible to do, it's not easy and would be extremely time consuming. I SERIOUSLY doubt the "other guys" would do such a thing even if I thought they had a mind to, which I don't.

This software, on the other hand, is too easy to view PM's, IMHO, with the right password. I could see everything on one screen in less than 30 seconds if I wanted. Scary simple.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Ah.... go back3 posts....

Yea.....

Well.... If you guys trust Sajji.....

:?:

I dont ever want anyone to feel someone is looking over their shoulder....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Sajji says ....

" In my country, viewing things address to others is a crime deserving of 30 lashes, so I have a pretty high regard for someone's personal conversation"

As for me, I can barley log into chat....

SO..... I think your pm's are pretty secure.

Turn it on Sajji!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Done.
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

Dearest MFDP...

It saddens me that this has to be my first post on Bob's site. However, I guess it has to be this way. Here's the deal. I like AP and ST, I also like Bob. He and I didn't see things eye to eye for a long time and it caused alot of tension. But, that's the way things sometimes go on the inna net.
Now, we're all good and actually B.S. on the phone.

Now, the reason I am posting here, before an intro...
Nothing pisses me off more than all the whining little bitches complaining about the "other" site. If you and your homies dislike it that much- go away. You can respond here that you want to be removed and I'll personally take care of it if that is what you desire. I as well as the other mods there cannot read your PM's, nor would I want to.

Can't we all just get along :roll:

Bobbo- I'll post up an intro later on. :cool:
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

How am I a whinny little bitch?? I am still on the other site, I havnt been MFing the "others"...

Many people have said that the "big dogs" not the mods could read everyones PM's. I was using them as an example and suggested that Bob do the same to make sure people used the pm's properly and NOT use them to be "whinny little bitches"...

FYI, I too chat with Bob and others on the phone, it definately WASNT that way in the beggining as im sure you recall.

:miss:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I think it was clairified that do to software issues... reading pm's is nearly impossible. If was never suggested that the Mods were involved.
I have tried to make it clear that if you have issues with the other board... take it up there.

Were trying to do our own groove here....

EVERYBODY HERE THAT!

...enuff said...

Welcome Slo-Mo!

Hope to see you post soon.....
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

slomas wrote:Dearest MFDP...

It saddens me that this has to be my first post on Bob's site. However, I guess it has to be this way. Here's the deal....
I think your first post embodies the spirt here... speak your mind!

Good Job Scott!

:cool:
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

I'm all good....

Bob knows as well as anyone, I don't like to take any crap from anyone.
I'm really just tired of all the BS that's going on between what should be friends and riding buddys.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

slomas wrote:I don't like to take any crap from anyone.
Yup....
slomas wrote: I'm really just tired of all the BS that's going on between what should be friends and riding buddys.
..your tired....... I'm exhausted!

But what is done...is done.

:roll:
Last edited by AlisoBob on June 15th, 2007, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.