ill be the guinee pig

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

britincali wrote:
thestuz wrote:ps, nice looking pipe glen :cool:

Fuk yea :cool:
x3
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

thats not factory
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Looks factory to me, or maybe it has a one over bore and was lightly freshened up on the bridge and reliefs.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

:roll:
tht thing has no castiron left at the bridge, might as well of hacked it out
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Compare that pic to these of a brand new jug I had.

MICK

Post by MICK »

lewisclan wrote:
britincali wrote:
thestuz wrote:ps, nice looking pipe glen :cool:

Fuk yea :cool:
x3
Yes they "look" nice alright. But can someone tell me why then RP chooses Pro Circuit above all others?
...on his GSS built bike no less :roll:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

http://dmherrmann.home.mchsi.com/bridge1.jpg

take a look again at this one. you can see where it has been recessed back under all that yellow shit.

you will have to ask alisobob, hes the one that did the origional post on it. i read it some time ago and remember hearing that it was a factory jug. i stand to be corrected.
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Hi Mick, You know as well as I do you can flow a piece of water pipe and get more flow and volumme. I port tune to the pipe that my customers run. If you wanted me to port a cyl. for you the first thing I would ask you is what type of a rider are you are you a putter or a agressive MXer or whatever.The second question I would ask you is what carb.And pipe your going to run.To say you have to run my pipe wouldn't be rite.I try to tune my porting as close to what you want as possiable.Robie is sponsered by PRO-CIRCUIT so we have to do it to his pipe. He duz have some of my stuff tho I even run on my play bike a FMF Nasty I like it,It's heavy but at my age now I fall a lot so it don't bend like my cone pipes Thanks for looking tho .Glen
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

fastkart wrote: Image
MMMM, Motor Honey!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Mexican Nik-a-sil
MICK

Post by MICK »

glen howell wrote:...To say you have to run my pipe wouldn't be rite.I try to tune my porting as close to what you want as possiable.Robie is sponsered by PRO-CIRCUIT so we have to do it to his pipe.
Awsome, flexible engine tuner...I like :cool:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

so the CPI says the pipe has a ceiling of 86 horsepower, peaks at 7800rpm, and "the other brand pipes available are 6-700 rpm below" thats meaning the pipes that are currently beeing made, others were capable of the same rpm.
Its shipping today, getting fitted in the gen3 for chad next week and out for ceramic coat.
expect a report, its going onthe nik'd alum bore, piston window'ed, de wayne ported jug with a shortened pc silencer + bored pwk
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

the power/rpm ceiling will depend on alot of other factors than just the pipe, cpi on a stockish cylinder you wont see no where near 86 and i highly doubt the 7800rpm peak. to get a true 86hp at the wheel i think youll need a hell alot more than bored pwk, dewayne porting and stock 500 ignition, even the stock 250 ign will only gain you a couple hp at most. im not doubting the cpi will do 86horse assuming you got a drag port from someone that knows what theyre doing, 48lectron on meth, vforce3 reeds, and programable 250 unit. the stock 250 ign works ok but theres some guys thats using re-programable ones and getting even better results.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

the vforce 3 sure aint going to make power up top, thats not a question, But theres a new set of them in the box here for it, a set of carbontech aswell.

if the '88 250 ignition thats on it (an excellent working system) doesnt cut it, theres a pair of 2001's here, and ther'll be a pvl available

i dont expect the dewayne port work (thats decent) to do as well as it could with its internal exhasut port shape

its got a tack going on too.
I fully expect to have to yank the dj jug and give him one of mine, but everything is looking pretty decent

i'm not chasing a hp# here either, its just going to be a coincidence of the combination
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

did i mention this is going to have a 2moto track kit on it
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:the vforce 3 sure aint going to make power up top, thats not a question, But theres a new set of them in the box here for it, a set of carbontech aswell.

if the '88 250 ignition thats on it (an excellent working system) doesnt cut it, theres a pair of 2001's here, and ther'll be a pvl available

i dont expect the dewayne port work (thats decent) to do as well as it could with its internal exhasut port shape

its got a tack going on too.
I fully expect to have to yank the dj jug and give him one of mine, but everything is looking pretty decent

i'm not chasing a hp# here either, its just going to be a coincidence of the combination
cool :cool: . sounds like your headed in the right direction.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

forgot you might have to mod the right side rad somehow, depending where your motor sits and how its clocked. i got mine mocked into the gen3 250 and its tight on the rad but it might work. cpi is only 130 miles from me if i need it re-worked :lol: . test it with a silencer if it bolts up and see what the difference is. i havent tested with a muffler but im pretty sure the long ass tube is going to kill probly 3hp.
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Roosty, How did he attach the ski??
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

it pivots off the front axel and has s urethane snubber to limit its angle, i'll get some pics

good to know on the rads, i've got a couple here nd we suspected that,made a plate that bolts in the stock location with flush head bolts and moves it up 3/4" with bodyshop clips
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

lets see some pis of that DJ jug when you get it off
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
lunatic

Post by lunatic »

I have a 87 bike can i just order a pipe from like cpi,shearer and get one, or do they need a bike to make one on location? Im thinking about drag porting or a (liger cylinder),drag pipe, 50mm carb on alky. I tried a shearer pipe off a quad and holy crap what a difference. It had to make at least 10hp and 1500rpms difference over my pos pc pipe. :nanna:
Twin Saber drag motor 100" chassis and a slow cr500 bike
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

they will probly have to make that on location. drag pipe for the '87 might be a pain in the ass because it runs up high rather than down low but im sure its still possible. shearer or cpi are the premier pipe builders in the country and you cant go wrong with either one, problem is they are along ways from your house :lol: