84, rebuild home vid.you gotta check this shit out.

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
thestuz

84, rebuild home vid.you gotta check this shit out.

Post by thestuz »

do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

It's water cooled so it's an 85 or 86. Nice vid though, and sure enough the old straight kicker almost broke his ankle before he got it to go down. :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I got halfway through vid 3 and I can;t take it anymore! this guy was doing things way out of order and because of that he couldn't get the shift drum out. the shift drum bearing is one of the worst because its all the way at the bottom and plugs up with shavings and clutch crud. and since it doesn't fully spin, it doesn't clear itself out. I can't believe he pounded out those bearings cold, that damages the cases. also he should have replaced that crank, its too lose in the main bearings, that bike will vibe like hell. you always do the main shaft bearing first on teh right case since it is the only one that goes in on that side and you can put in the retaining bracket temporarely to hold it in while you install the others. Also, I always put all of the bearings in the freezer overnight, that way you don't have to heat the cases too much and there is no force involved, they drop right in. I oil my bearings, not grease them, that grease isn't going to mix well with oil and will leave gunk floating around your motor. If I watched the rest, I'd probably have another paragraph to write.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
thestuz

Post by thestuz »

lol, fair call. i didnt watch the whole thing, only 10n mins of #3. still would be interesting for those that haven done a build before. when i do my motor/box, i leave the gear clusters alone too. no need pulling them all apart, you can see the dogs & wear areas when they r together. but yeah, he must of had that case in the oven. there is no way a crank could slip in the bearing like that.also not sure if he oiled the crank/conrod bearings/piston properly on assembly. found it pretty inspirational though, makes me wanna go out to the shed, crank up some beats, and tear into her again :D
do it!... cos if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life thinking about it anyway!

01 CR500
98XR600
94 FIREBLADE
ESTABLISHED 1977.
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

wasnt that like high temp wheel bearing grease?? maybe thats why he used it LOL!!! i like how the left hand case just falls on the crank, it started first kick but i wonder how far down the street he got before all that grease loaded up the plug :shock:
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)