Dads Front Diff was on fire

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Dads Front Diff was on fire

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

So dad comes in backroads same as i do, gets out of the hummer + i see him throwing snow under it, then he comes in laughing his head off, says "come here and put this fire out"
Front diff bearing piled up and it was shooting fire out of it everywhere. didnt burn off any wires.

heres the pinion bearing...

"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

I looks to me as though the bearing wasn't soaked in peanut butter long enough before installation.

In my opinion your pinion bearing has stretched. Therefore created rotational heat resulting in spinning flames.

That sure would have been a sight to see.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i've seen dad come home with the axels on fire before :roll:
he put a w-30 455 in a 81 chevy truck that had a 5.7diesel. left the yard with what appeared to be 150mph wheelspin, made it 4 miles "arround the section" and came back in the yard with the tires blown off the back and fire shooting out from between the rear drum+backing plates.
Thats the same truck he came home like 100mph to keep the tire from squatting with a pitchfork in the right rear.

And on his dana 60 in the front of his mud truck the fire was blowing out, same truck got water in the trans one day and pushed trans oil on the exhasut, he had to get in it and park it in a snowbank.
I for got christmas presents one day, left the gfs house to go 20miles each way on the gravel backroad home and back, about 1/2 a mile from her house at +240kph the 700r4 blew the goveronor out and caught fire, i coasted into her yard with the engine off at probably 60mph stil and stuck it in a snowbank :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Amsoil will fix it, right up.
BIGGDAD

Post by BIGGDAD »

I used to have a 72 Corvette. I drove it over to my uncle's to borrow some PJ1. It was Sunday and I only had enough for 2 gallons. Anyway, I was in the backyard talking to my uncle and my 7 year old cousin runs up and tells me that my wheel is on fire. I ran up front and my left front wheel was on fire. It turns out the piston seal had let go and the brake fluid had caught fire. Needless to say, I didn't get any riding done that day.
"You should never drink Lone Star Beer and listen to Tim McGraw. It just don't work. It'll curdle. "
Dale Watson
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Snow at least comes in handy for something. :lol:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

looks like you need some Lucas Oil Stabilizer to help that diff quiet down and run cooler!

2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

i had a better look at it on the flatdeck that came to the shop, the case sheared off, looks like the bearing piled up and locked instantly, taking the case parts that held it too :lol:
Dad had to ride with the dude to winnipeg to get a enterprise rental cuz the local guys only stock mopar and gm obviously wouldnt flip the bill for that one.